The Mid-South Mentality

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you live in the Mid-South, FedEx is probably considered to be a "good" job, given the preponderance of anti-union, low-wage, right-to-work states that constitute that region. The trouble is, most of us don't live in that region, and it isn't a good job in California, Massachusetts, or other states where costs of living are higher.

The Purple "answer" is always " If you don't like it...move", which is pure crap because FedEx does business everywhere, not just in the Mid-South, so to pay the rest of the same lousy wages doesn't hold up logically. Dear God and Jeesuz, please don't make me move to Memphis or Arkansas just so I can maintain a decent standard of living, which according to Fred is a single-wide and a 1972 Vega.

Hey Memphis, here's a clue. The rest of us aren't going to settle for a wage and benefit package that fails to take into account geographical differences. The market levels are a joke, especially when $14 per hour in Memphis is about the same as $10 per hour through much of the rest of the country.

Fred, you aren't competitive, and then you and MT3 wonder why you can only hire the least desirable candidates for jobs? The smart ones quit within a few months and then you get to spend 3 or 4 years trying to train and re-train someone who will eventually get canned for being a maroon anyway.

I guess that's just the Mid-South mentality at work. Clueless, stupid, and dedicated to the principle of "Low Wages, Everyday". Too bad you think we're as dumb as you are there in Memphis. We're not, and the natives are not happy.

And while I'm at it. FU Smith!!!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We're having a "meeting" tomorrow before the sort to discuss "what's wrong" at our sta.
Only the Sr. will be in on the meeting aside from us monkeys.
I'll be there but, know that no matter what I say, how well I say it and, can prove that I'm right, nothing will change.
But, hey, it'll be PURE over time. Oh baby!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Probably just a "steam release party" that your district grudingly approved.

The Sr. will do the majority of the talking and it most likely won't last more than a 1/2 hour.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Don't be surprised if your Sr is wearing sleeves and every time you ask a question the hand goes to the ear Secret Service style and you keep hearing the word "dissident"....and your very own meeting!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Nah,
Waste of time. Just a sta. temperature check.
Most people got rail roaded into complaining about their routes.

whenIgetthere

The Sr. will do the majority of the talking and it most likely won't last more than a 1/2 hour.

So true. Last skip level meeting we had two years ago. My work group (20 or so of us) meet with our SM. To start the meeting, she said we would do all the speaking and she would be silent. Yeah right, she didn't shut up for 45 minutes, and by the time she was done, we were late to start the sort. Needless to say, our Ops mgr was pissed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"Steam release parties" and bitch sessions are an integral piece of the FedEx management puzzle. They've been having these for years, and when everything has been vented out, what is the net result? Zero, as in nothing happens. All by design.