The MrFedEx Annual Express Peak Prediction(s)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This peak is setting-up to be a huge disaster, as evidenced by the Express division's absolute inability to provide decent service to it's customers or retain employees, far before Peak has even hit.

I've been off the site for several weeks tracking what's been happening all over the country... and it's not pretty. Even if FedEx gets the lift they need (doubtful), there aren't going to be enough RTDs and couriers to ever get the volume to the end recipient. Nearly every station has huge issues with turnover, late freight, multiple sorts, and people walking out the door after a couple of days after they discover the Purple Promise and PSP are pure garbage.

Simply put, they aren't going to pull it off this year, even if Fred decides to hire 100,000 "Holiday Helpers" at $20 per hour. The whole system is so effed-up and dysfunctional, that nobody can save it. At most stations, every day is a cluster, and it's multiplier effect dimension(s) create a chaotic hot mess that is beyond help.

Last year, I was wrong. We had a mild winter in most of the country, volumes were lower than projected, and there were more people willing to work under the conditions prevalent at the time. Since then, the economy has improved, and anyone who can is leaving, including management. A better economy means more packages...volume we cannot handle.

Much more to come in a more detailed post when I have the time. In the meantime, keep on doing everything you can to WAD and do it their way, which guarantees an even bigger cluster.

By the way, notice how Dano and his buddies disappear when I don't post. Watch for a miraculous re-appearance when Uncle Fred writes you your Letter From The Chairman later this week.

Eff you, Smith.

vantexan

I was blown out last year, and I seem to recall that they offered an extra 15% pay in a number of markets to slow the turnover rate before Christmas. Every Christmas is overwhelming to some degree, but we muddle through. In no way defending this company for the things they've done, but I just don't see an epic disaster. If the huge El Niño system hammers much of the country with bad weather we may see quite a few walking off the job but eventually it'll work itself out. It always does.

Purplepackage

I was blown out last year, and I seem to recall that they offered an extra 15% pay in a number of markets to slow the turnover rate before Christmas. Every Christmas is overwhelming to some degree, but we muddle through. In no way defending this company for the things they've done, but I just don't see an epic disaster. If the huge El Niño system hammers much of the country with bad weather we may see quite a few walking off the job but eventually it'll work itself out. It always does.

As long as the weather holds like last peak i dont see much of a problem. Like Van said its Christmas and its busy, i dont really see the volume being much more than last year. And if anything the volume will be more spread out, my managers are planning on being pretty slammed the first 3 days of this week, which i dont really think will happen but i guess it could

Nolimitz

It is already a major cluster here even with good weather. Our planes were very late every day last week. Also last yr we were running SRA w/ set area bounds, and this years plan calls for DRA.
I see only FUBAR near term. Fleet of rentals rolls in on Monday, wonder who will drive them all. Not that many warm bodies, Noobs are already in need of cheese to go w/ the whine.

Purplepackage

It is already a major cluster here even with good weather. Our planes were very late every day last week. Also last yr we were running SRA w/ set area bounds, and this years plan calls for DRA.
I see only FUBAR near term. Fleet of rentals rolls in on Monday, wonder who will drive them all. Not that many warm bodies, Noobs are already in need of cheese to go w/ the whine.

10 rentals coming in for us, always fun to watch them try to fit 5 or 6 extra trucks on the belt for the sort

And another good management move, Tomorrow all the swings are scheduled to start at 12 for some reason

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
To my brothers and sisters in Purple,welcome to normal at UPS. If our respective companies would remove their heads from their behinds and listen to what the shippers and employees are saying they could improve their business. But that might make Wall Street uncomfortable and our stock might slip two or three pennies.

I don't know about FedEx,because I don't work there,but if management kisses the behind of Wall Street experts anything like UPS,I'm sorry for you folks.

kickpackage1

This peak is setting-up to be a huge disaster, as evidenced by the Express division's absolute inability to provide decent service to it's customers or retain employees, far before Peak has even hit.

I've been off the site for several weeks tracking what's been happening all over the country... and it's not pretty. Even if FedEx gets the lift they need (doubtful), there aren't going to be enough RTDs and couriers to ever get the volume to the end recipient. Nearly every station has huge issues with turnover, late freight, multiple sorts, and people walking out the door after a couple of days after they discover the Purple Promise and PSP are pure garbage.

Simply put, they aren't going to pull it off this year, even if Fred decides to hire 100,000 "Holiday Helpers" at $20 per hour. The whole system is so effed-up and dysfunctional, that nobody can save it. At most stations, every day is a cluster, and it's multiplier effect dimension(s) create a chaotic hot mess that is beyond help.

Last year, I was wrong. We had a mild winter in most of the country, volumes were lower than projected, and there were more people willing to work under the conditions prevalent at the time. Since then, the economy has improved, and anyone who can is leaving, including management. A better economy means more packages...volume we cannot handle.

Much more to come in a more detailed post when I have the time. In the meantime, keep on doing everything you can to WAD and do it their way, which guarantees an even bigger cluster.

By the way, notice how Dano and his buddies disappear when I don't post. Watch for a miraculous re-appearance when Uncle Fred writes you your Letter From The Chairman later this week.

Eff you, Smith.
Dano and his friends are hanging out with Fred and Zimmerman at Disney World in Fantasy Land .

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Noobsare already in need of cheese to go w/ the whine.

Why are they whining? ?? Aren't they getting paid by the hour to put up with their mis-management? Tell em to WAD and enjoy the OT pay for driving around in the dark

Tell your fellow express drivers that at least they're paid by the hour for the cluster fawk that happens annually this time of year, not like those in hd that have to wait for late freight with no pay to preload/presort their own cargo before going on the road.

I already got a system set... there are a few drivers that goes in early just due to their own daily routine. And they will give me a call if the freight is late, so i don't come in too early myself.

there is not enough room in the hub for all the supplemental routes to line up to the belt, so its better for me to wait a tad longer for some vacant spots & back into that spot to cart my cargo into the rental.

Purplepackage

Why are they whining? ?? Aren't they getting paid by the hour to put up with their mis-management? Tell em to WAD and enjoy the OT pay for driving around in the dark

Tell your fellow express drivers that at least they're paid by the hour for the cluster fawk that happens annually this time of year, not like those in hd that have to wait for late freight with no pay to preload/presort their own cargo before going on the road.

I already got a system set... there are a few drivers that goes in early just due to their own daily routine. And they will give me a call if the freight is late, so i don't come in too early myself.

there is not enough room in the hub for all the supplemental routes to line up to the belt, so its better for me to wait a tad longer for some vacant spots & back into that spot to cart my cargo into the rental.

They bitch because of all of these new people think they deserve to much, they act like they've been working here 10 years. They will bitch now about the work and they will bitch in January when there is no work and they get sent home

bacha29

One thing is a constant. Every year the company oversells the service and leave it up to the next guy to figure out what to do. As for over at ground there will still be some compnay/ staff agency hired and paid temps around at the terminals in those states that heven't gone over to ISP. When they do then the temps will be gone and the contractors will have to develop their own stand by labor force they can call out on a whim and extra trucks standing by that re safe to be out on the road. Meanwhile don't forget the fact that the company not the contractor oversold the service. Therefore, the dumber you act, the less they expect from you.

Purplepackage

One thing is a constant. Every year the company oversells the service and leave it up to the next guy to figure out what to do. As for over at ground there will still be some compnay/ staff agency hired and paid temps around at the terminals in those states that heven't gone over to ISP. When they do then the temps will be gone and the contractors will have to develop their own stand by labor force they can call out on a whim and extra trucks standing by that re safe to be out on the road. Meanwhile don't forget the fact that the company not the contractor oversold the service. Therefore, the dumber you act, the less they expect from you.

I like when they start to push the ground volume through the express system because they pushed their limits and they bust every year. But remember we are separate entities

Express777

I agree. At my station new hires don't hang around past a few weeks or months and retirements are happening a soon as old timers can jump. Management has been begging folks to wait until after peak to retire. Employees just look and laugh. We never have enough drivers to cover the created DRA routes daily.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hate to break it to ya, but I've been posting in your absence. The site lives on with or without your participation.

Good to hear that the site is growing and gaining credibility...without me. This is what I've always wanted, and it appears to be happening.

More work for you, shill.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Good to hear that the site is growing and gaining credibility...without me. This is what I've always wanted, and it appears to be happening.

I'm glad you finally realized that less of you equals more credibility for the site. I didn't think you'd ever catch on!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm glad you finally realized that less of you equals more credibility for the site. I didn't think you'd ever catch on!

That's fine with me too. It's all about getting out the word Dano, and not about me. The truth about FedEx is spreading like wildfire. You're a can of gas.