The myth of black on black crime

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That answer is a dodge at best but I don't know the answer either so not being argumentative.

At a more macro level, the same thing could be said of Detroit.
Why do people just stay somewhere where the future is hopeless.
Do they think there is hope?
Is it to stay with family?
Is it to stay on the "land" they grew up on?

I've had family and friends say they respect my initiative to leave my hometown but to me it was just common sense.
80% of the people there are "trapped" there in less than desirable financial situations.

Hoax no offense but using our White Middle Class culture's view on 'why' people don't leave shows a distinct lack of understanding on the poor Inner City Youth's culture.( i dont mean this as an insult in any way as Tone and Context are often hard to discern in forum posts)
poverty,crime and gangs are simply all these people know. When a group of people has been under the boot of the Ruling Class for many generations and taught to be dependent upon the Ruling Class for basic needs it creates a vicious cycle that I have no idea of how it can be changed. I am certainly no expert on Inner City Black Culture but I do see a need to somehow break the cycle

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Perhaps they should contact the pres.....he said jobs are #1 for him.......they could probably catch him on the 4th or 5th hole at Andrews.
You are the 'inserter' of color !!!! I didn't mention any color in my post......purposely.
hey i am white, I knew what ya meant .you didn't have to spell it out for me:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax no offense but using our White Middle Class culture's view on 'why' people don't leave shows a distinct lack of understanding on the poor Inner City Youth's culture.( i dont mean this as an insult in any way as Tone and Context are often hard to discern in forum posts)
poverty,crime and gangs are simply all these people know. When a group of people has been under the boot of the Ruling Class for many generations and taught to be dependent upon the Ruling Class for basic needs it creates a vicious cycle that I have no idea of how it can be changed. I am certainly no expert on Inner City Black Culture but I do see a need to somehow break the cycle

Somewhat better but we are basically in the same boat.

Neither of us know what the problem is and if we did, how to fix it.

However, we can post with a feeling of smugness and wax longingly for others to fix it.

I understand your point.

island1fox

More did not mention black but along the line of thought you brought up ...

Why do people live in the inner cities? Why do they stay there?

I grew up in a small town (3000 pop) surrounded by miles of empty forest.
There was not much opportunity there either so I left as quickly as I could.

Hoax,

Please do not make such statements. Common sense is forbidden by some here --and you will be judged for it.

P.S. Both White and Black people FLED Detroit --after the riots and lootings in the seventies --Businesses ran ---did not want to invest --when Crime and Drugs -ruled. Detroit became the murder capital of the country. Amazing few will mention who has been running DETROIT for YEARS --Rampant with their own Greed and corruption against their very own .

Unfortunately there are those --White and Black --lets just say good people --who cannot afford to flee --yet cannot afford to stay !!

bbsam

Staff member
I beg to differ. Island makes a big deal of it all the time.
We don't because they are arrested and put in jail and no makes a big deal about it.

It does not sell newspapers or increase ratings on TV is probably closer to the real reason.

island1fox

We don't because they are arrested and put in jail and no makes a big deal about it.

It does not sell newspapers or increase ratings on TV is probably closer to the real reason.

Hoax,

We will agree to disagree again.

Some percentages are very deceiving. If the statement is true --that 86% of White crime is done by other Whites --look at the raw numbers.

Good example ---Hopefully all can understand : Teamsters have been known to say the membership voted and we have 95% approval to STRIKE.

What they do not say --is that only ten percent of the 100% even voted.

If there are in total 11,000 plus murders in total and a 3% of the population are the murderers --that is real and huge !!

Sorry for the common sense .

What is amazing on here --people dispute the hard statistics --deny the problem exists --its all racism or good headlines ---Yet blame the "system and the White establishment" for the problems they say do not exist ????

island1fox

:sick:
I beg to differ. Island makes a big deal of it all the time.

bbsam,
We can respectfully disagree but it is very hard to argue with the cold hard statistics.
What is really amazing ----In our hearts --we both want the same thing ---end the needless deaths and misery in the inner cities.
I give you credit --recently you admitted that this conversation has being going on for decades ---No improvement --Time to change what has been going on or for decades more to come the waste and carnage will continue.

Yes bbsam --I do make a big deal about it --something different has to be done to stop the murders --and taking my gun away is not one of them

What say you --deny the stats --there are no problems --or lets put hate, race, the past --all behind us --and insist that our so called leaders --WHITE AND BLACK do something in the inner cities.

A campaign educating babies on not having babies would at least be a start !!:dissapointed:

island1fox

Have not heard you explain this statistic:

ALL murders in the UNITED STATES --about 11,000 a year --FIFTY PERCENT of the real number are done by a fraction of a certain minority group --maybe you can understand if I do not directly say what race.

What your myth is stating --pull out fifty percent of all murders done by this small percentage.
The other fifty percent --Whites ,Hispanics,latinos,Indians Asians--split the remaining 5,500murders-between all the groups --now you state --this low number of white on white murders is 86%--you cannot be serious.

Sure you can --804 --95% strike vote YEAH !!! Real story --only 5% of the 100% membership voted. Not to hard to understand.

If we took race out of this --In the United States there are 11000 murders a year. Martians make up only 3% of the total population --but commit --REAL NUMBER --HALF of the murders-5,500 --maybe the rose colored glasses would come off.:dissapointed:

I am not an alcoholic--I am not a drug addict --you will never help yourself.

The inner cities are under siege --who caused --how it happened --who is responsible --Good questions --but now is the time for SOLUTIONS !!:wink2:

wkmac

For if you (the rulers) suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves (outlaws) and then punish them.

Sir Thomas More, Utopia Book 1

Would you first break the legs of a lamb and then kick it because it could not stand up afterwards?

Race in the United States Criminal Justice System

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

We will agree to disagree again.

Some percentages are very deceiving. If the statement is true --that 86% of White crime is done by other Whites --look at the raw numbers.

Actually we agree.
That was what I was referring to in post #4 although not very clearly.
Another way of saying what you said is "look at the % of people within a pop that are committing the crimes".
As an example, if only 3% of group (A) are committing these same race crimes and 12% in group (B), then group (B) is a much more prevalent problem.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

oldngray

nowhere special
I find it more than a little amusing that an Upper Class White Male like O'reilly is 'explaining' the problems of Lower Class Blacks. He skated right to the edge of blaming the poor blacks for being poor blacks........... What a load of rubbish.
Ya'll DO know that Sharpton and Jackson aren't the spokesmen for ALL of Black America...............dont you?

Sharpton and Jackson are just the loudest. And the black leaders who try to suggest solutions get attacked by them.

Upsmule

I find it more than a little amusing that an Upper Class White Male like O'reilly is 'explaining' the problems of Lower Class Blacks. He skated right to the edge of blaming the poor blacks for being poor blacks........... What a load of rubbish.
Ya'll DO know that Sharpton and Jackson aren't the spokesmen for ALL of Black America...............dont you?

I find it more than a little amusing that any person regardless of color or social status isn't allowed to form an opinion on the subject without race baiters reminding the entire planet of the color of someones skin. Keep the dream a dream!

island1fox

Sure--It is Bill O forcing black women to have children with no fathers --guidance or direction --it is also his fault that young Black men make the decision to drop out of school and live the gansta life----How much more death and destruction is needed for some of you to WAKE UP !!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Sure--It is Bill O forcing black women to have children with no fathers --guidance or direction --it is also his fault that young Black men make the decision to drop out of school and live the gansta life----How much more death and destruction is needed for some of you to WAKE UP !!
all of youse need to WAKE UP and understand that this is the byproduct( and dare I say INTENDED byproduct) of the ruling class. The inner city dwellers have been under the boot of the Elite Ruling Classes for so long there is no escape,no alternative. Please,sit warm and tight in a culture that you are in ONLY because of the luck of being BORN into it and smugly pass judgement upon those who weren't as lucky as your lot as I am sure it makes your lot feel better about yourselves .
When i was a part timer I did substitute teaching in City of Atlanta Schools. The funding these schools get is sub bar,and as a result the children get a sub par education. The teachers dont care,the administration dosen't care and as a result the students don't care. Again I place alot of the blame on lack of student interest on the Ruling Class.

I challenge your lot,being as youse all seem so bloody offended by the inner City Youth to get off your :censored2: and DO something,rather than just promoting White Upper Class propaganda. Feed the homeless,volunteer at a food bank,volunteer at an inner city school. Oh yes, it's MUCH easier to just blame the Inner City population isnt it?