The negotiation scam

FedGT

What I would like to know is.. If it is "your business". Then why do you have to negotiate a contract to do the business you supposedly already bought? Il go one further.. Because you have been had by "the man" and now you've paid for a business and may not even be able to use it, sell it.. Buy this scam gets better and better for those that always win at this business..

Don't even think this one is worth responding to.

1fedexFAILURE

You make me look very smart.
You need all the help you can get since you paid to have a " business" that you could or could not run..depending on whether or not you do all that your told to do and your bid on the contract is acceptable.. Very smart!! Hope investing thousands for pennies pays off..

STFXG

Comparing Halliburton to Ground? That's just dumb.
As a company that contracts. Just an example of the thousands of BUSINESSES that contract. Maybe a roofing company bidding on a contract with a builder would be a better example.

1fedexFAILURE

As a company that contracts. Just an example of the thousands of BUSINESSES that contract. Maybe a roofing company bidding on a contract with a builder would be a better example.
Exactly and the builder can choose a new roofer anytime he wants..then you would have paid for a "business" for nothing because you would have NO work..

STFXG

Exactly and the builder can choose a new roofer anytime he wants..then you would have paid for a "business" for nothing because you would have NO work..
And HP could switch from Intel to AMD for processors.

FedEx can switch from Boeing to Airbus.

Walmart can switch from FedEx to UPS.

Do you understand how businesses operate?

1fedexFAILURE

And HP could switch from Intel to AMD for processors.

FedEx can switch from Boeing to Airbus.

Walmart can switch from FedEx to UPS.

Do you understand how businesses operate?
That doesn't mean the contractor no longer has a business. It means he no longer has Fedex as a client.
That is correct.. And you have, what, a $100,000 route worth about $2,500 for a truck..doesn't seem like a sound investment to me..

It will be fine

That is correct.. And you have, what, a $100,000 route worth about $2,500 for a truck..doesn't seem like a sound investment to me..
The potential for profit or loss based on managerial skill is actually one of the factors in determining an independent contractor relationship. The fact that ISPs have lost their contracts actually strengthens the defense of the model.