The negotiation scam

Bounty

We'll see. I'm not convinced I'll like how negotiations go and it's not like I'm sitting on a ton of debt or anything.
On a serious note, not that it's my business, but if you think you are sitting on a nice chunk of change from this. Why would you not cash in? If I'm right or wrong about ISP, it does not seem worth the risk to chance what you have.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah. I picked one of those up a few months back. Pretty decent but not sold on the space that you lose for having the steps in the box. I know they can't fix that but I was a little disappointed.
No. I got traditional step vans. Several guys ha e gotten them. Drivers really seem to like them.

FedGT

On a serious note, not that it's my business, but if you think you are sitting on a nice chunk of change from this. Why would you not cash in? If I'm right or wrong about ISP, it does not seem worth the risk to chance what you have.

For most people I think it is a "what will I do if I sell" others see 5-20% growth year over year and think what else is going to grow like this that I have to put no effort into sales. There are definite draw backs to this business but the fact that my biggest concern is being too busy is a whole lot better than starting a new one from scratch and having no sales and no guaranteed clients.
I see it like I did trading stocks, when I get close to about triple what it was worth when I bought, I will sell off enough to get my initial investment back and then hold, trade or sell with additional growth. Then I am playing with all house money.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
It's a calculated risk. I've seen the building we're moving into on August 7th. It gives a glimpse of where this company sees itself in 10 years. Very ambitious.

bbsam

Staff member
For most people I think it is a "what will I do if I sell" others see 5-20% growth year over year and think what else is going to grow like this that I have to put no effort into sales. There are definite draw backs to this business but the fact that my biggest concern is being too busy is a whole lot better than starting a new one from scratch and having no sales and no guarantees business.
I see it like I did trading stocks, when I get close to about triple what it was worth when I bought, I will sell off enough to get my initial investment back and then hold, trade or sell with additional growth. Then I am playing with all house money.
Exactly. And for me it's nearly all house money because I didn't have to buy very much of it.

FedGT

All I know is see them everywhere now. You guys and ontrac snatching them up like vultures.

Being about $15,000 less than a gas freightliner and close to $27,000 less than a diesel, it makes a lot of sense if you aren't blowing it out on volume.

Last edited:

Bounty

I don't doubt the growth, but if you been there as long as you said, you either got your routes for nothing or very little, why not cash in on half.

Bounty

For most people I think it is a "what will I do if I sell" others see 5-20% growth year over year and think what else is going to grow like this that I have to put no effort into sales. There are definite draw backs to this business but the fact that my biggest concern is being too busy is a whole lot better than starting a new one from scratch and having no sales and no guaranteed clients.
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered

bbsam

Staff member
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered
Part of it is growing the market. $750,000 businesses are far more common to see than a year ago. Outside buyers need to see the model as sustainable, profitable, and with a decent ROI. Personally, I think FDX is courting these potential buyers.

overflowed

I've seen them super cheap on craigslist in my area, but someone needs to explain why our station is short on trucks but they're dumping them on craigslist?

Bounty

Part of it is growing the market. $750,000 businesses are far more common to see than a year ago. Outside buyers need to see the model as sustainable, profitable, and with a decent ROI. Personally, I think FDX is courting these potential buyers.
Has anyone in your terminal got that kind of money yet. Has not happened in mine. A couple of deals got close but the buyer has backed out last minute. And these deals were about half of that 750,000.

bbsam

Staff member
Has anyone in your terminal got that kind of money yet. Has not happened in mine. A couple of deals got close but the buyer has backed out last minute. And these deals were about half of that 750,000.
2 of them in the last 9 months.