The new Chat room

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Noticed today, that there is no time-out on chat.
Like the other chats had.

Meaning someone could have logged on hrs ago, and went to bed or doing other things, but is still in chat.
if the person didn't log out or closed the window.

But, other then that, no complaints.... well maybe one :
That the chat opens it's new window, like the others have done. That would be nice, too.
I don't know that I can set a time to expire the session for inactive users, still trying to figure out how...

I set up the chat tab to open in a small window. We can test it, not sure if I like it or not...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't know that I can set a time to expire the session for inactive users, still trying to figure out how...

I set up the chat tab to open in a small window. We can test it, not sure if I like it or not...

I really don't see what the big deal is if you time out of chat or not. It has no effect on the operation of chat. I do like this new chat.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think I'm hurt, no one wants to talk to me.....................:not_fair:

Nannernannernanner....................................... catch me if ya can :water_happy:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't know where to put this question......About the new sub-forum, 'Media', how come when a post is made, it immediately locks the thread?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn't know where to put this question......About the new sub-forum, 'Media', how come when a post is made, it immediately locks the thread?

I am just guessing but it may be so that nothing other than videos can be posted there. In other words, no one can post comments on the videos themselves, which is not the purpose of the thread. As I said I am just guessing.

DS

Fenderbender
Can't get into chat with AOL (yes I use it, no comments please!) or Internet Explorer. Frustrating. I don't want to have to download anything else to get in. Guess i'm out.
Aww why are you so against trying new stuff?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Can't get into chat with AOL (yes I use it, no comments please!) or Internet Explorer. Frustrating. I don't want to have to download anything else to get in. Guess i'm out.

I can't get into chat with AOL or Explorer.

I have used AOL since 1994; I like it,

Fethrs, I am with you. I am on the outside.

over9five

Staff member

There is a link that says "view and comment", or something like that. You'll see the video, and right below you can post a comment.

fethrs

Aj I tried something that may work for you. Go to the chat tab, right click it, go to properties, then copy the url for the chat and paste in in IE. Now I got in no one is there...lol. Got to love it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Aj I tried something that may work for you. Go to the chat tab, right click it, go to properties, then copy the url for the chat and paste in in IE. Now I got in no one is there...lol. Got to love it!

.....or you could join the rest of us in the year 2010, dump AOL and upgrade to broadband.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Sometimes it's better to not let people know but don't worry about it ... I still have a rotary telephone and a typewriter. :wink2:

PS - you would not believe what they were saying about you in the Chat Room the other night.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
.....or you could join the rest of us in the year 2010, dump AOL and upgrade to broadband.

Smartypants. I have high speed internet!:happy2:

Sometimes it's better to not let people know but don't worry about it ... I still have a rotary telephone and a typewriter. :wink2:

PS - you would not believe what they were saying about you in the Chat Room the other night.

I still have a PONG Game hooked up to a TV without a remote.