the new chatroom

P

pickup

I'm not seeing either option. Seems like the chat option used to stand out more before?

You're right , it did stick out more before. If you go to the top of this or any other page (I think) , you will find "chatroom" nestled between " my profile" and "settings". I hope that helps you out.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Well after a few days, it looks, as of this writing, that the chat room is functioning again. I hope it stays that way. Some of you may not know, but I am a member of a offshoot breakaway fundamentalist church from the Church of Mormon. Unlike our deluded brothers in the Mormon Church that many of you are more familiar with , I and the members of my church believe in polygamy. However, as a result of our beliefs , women are in short supply and it is hard for for low hierarchy members ( a group into which I fall for the time being) to get wives as the big wigs scoop up the available women in my church community.

Consequently, I prowl the browncafe chatroom in search of prospective wives , and I was on the verge of literally sealing the deal with one or two, before the chatroom went kaput. Now I have to start from scratch in my salesmanship with these fine ladies .

So please ,let the chatroom stay functioning (or go back to the old one if it falls apart again) because I need a good Morman fundamentalist wife , or two ,or three.

GEEEZ...................

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I just happened to notice this...One year ago today!

Flashchat 6.0.6 : Total Chatters Online:

The most chatters online at any one time was 40, 02-22-2009.

:peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
The new chat was having issues, so Cheryl put the old one back for now.

Actually I wish she would put all the "Old Brown Cafe" back. There just don't seem to be the activity on the new set up as there was on the old. I wonder how many have abandoned ship?

P

pickup

Actually I wish she would put all the "Old Brown Cafe" back. There just don't seem to be the activity on the new set up as there was on the old. I wonder how many have abandoned ship?

I am going to channel upstateNY for this one , Rod. :" Rod, they could change "browncafe" into the most unappetizing thing on the planet, and "MR, UNABLE TO MOVE ON" will still be sucking on its teat".

Seriously, I think you are right about some people leaving. I can't put my finger on it anymore because it is hard to remember what the old site was like, but I think I would be more comfortable with the old site.

Its sort of like getting a new cell phone. The best cellphone I had was from two generations ago and I wish they would still make one like it. The one I have now has more bells and whistles but they take away from the ability to use the phone easily.

Not to belittle your little baby or your efforts. , Cheryl, but Rod might have a point. That much being said, I've adapted and perhaps new comers won't have to adapt as they don't have any habits to unlearn.

Next few weeks will be tough to judge as I imagine a lot of us are on new bids and new start times (feeders) so habits will definitely change.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Not to belittle your little baby or your efforts. , Cheryl, but Rod might have a point. That much being said, I've adapted and perhaps new comers won't have to adapt as they don't have any habits to unlearn.

Technology moves on, the old software was going to become obsolete...How about microsoft windows different versions...How about diad 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.......

Are you and Rod like those guys that hated going from sheets (paper) to a diad and then a few weeks later you would not be able to pry the diad from your cold dead hands....:happy-very:

Cheryl has to teach herself this **** for weeks prior to making a change to make sure it all works... and we all have to adapt, whether we like it or not...:peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
Technology moves on, the old software was going to become obsolete...How about microsoft windows different versions...How about diad 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.......

Are you and Rod like those guys that hated going from sheets (paper) to a diad and then a few weeks later you would not be able to pry the diad from your cold dead hands....:happy-very:

Cheryl has to teach herself this **** for weeks prior to making a change to make sure it all works... and we all have to adapt, whether we like it or not...:peaceful:

Dang I hate hearing those words. Yes it is probably true that I don't care for it because I 'm a creature of habit and and don't care for anything that interupts my peaceful life.:happy2: Mr. Unabletomoveon will just have to learn to live with it -----and I will. ---------------------------------.P.S.-------If I woke up tomorrow and had to go back to being a UPS driver I would still prefer sheeting on paper to a DIAD. The ONLY thing UPS ever did to actually make it easier for a delivery driver was to add vehicals with power steering to their fleet. Everything else added in the name of technology, starting with the DIAD, eventually led to getting more stops added to you.