The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

542thruNthru

Nothing to see here! Move along!

e4b.gif

Over70irregs

I'm sure that it's a factor. I don't know if it's the greatest difference. I still don't understand why other pensions wouldn't want or didn't include PTers. Aren't we all teamsters? What was the thinking there?
I never questioned it but east mid south union plans need to be called out. Peer 80 they call it needs to be the norm. Maybe gradually peer 85 84 83 82 81….. you catch my drift.

542thruNthru

I never questioned it but east mid south union plans need to be called out. Peer 80 they call it needs to be the norm. Maybe gradually peer 85 84 83 82 81….. you catch my drift.
It's harder than it sounds. The pensions have gotten 2 big things that have improved them lately. Getting to the point of offering PEERs is probably going to take a lot more. I believe UPS is the only PEER 80 though I'm probably wrong. I know a lot of them are PEER 84 like the PTers are at UPS and my BA is at the local.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So the greatest difference between pensions is using PT as subsidy ?
It is huge because it greatly helps to maintain the ratio of active participants to retirees.

Central States got upside down when the union freight industry, its largest participant, collapsed in the wake of deregulation and then NAFTA to a smaller degree.

I get yelled at when I say it, but pension funds are similar to ponzi schemes in the respect that they require someone to take the spot of the individual leaving to remain solvent as a result of what's termed "ongoing liability".

....or maybe I'm just a dumb truck driver that doesn't understand economics and actuarial calculations.

Last edited:

Over70irregs

It is huge because it greatly helps to maintain the ratio of active participants to retirees.

Central States got upside down when the union freight industry, its largest participant, collapsed in the wake of deregulation and then NAFTA to a smaller degree.

I get yelled at when I say it, but pension funds are similar to ponzi schemes in the respect that they require someone to take the spot of the individual leaving to remain solvent as a result of what's termed "ongoing liability".

....or maybe I'm just a dumb truck driver that doesn't understand economics and actuarial calculations.
I’m sure your on it. Pensions are like a tapeworm, they require a sacrifice to keep going. But it’s hard to get medical and retirement working PT these days.

What'dyabringmetoday???

J

And having foxes oversee the henhouse...