The "new" no necklace and earrings rule?

My wedding ring is made of titanium so I don't worry about it bending or getting broke. Won't happn. I actually sometimes use it to help me hold on to packages at times

It`s not what the ring is made of,it`s what happens to your finger when the ring gets stuck on something and the rest of your body keeps moving. It`s a nasty little injury called degloving. Your luckier if you just rip the finger off entirely,less painful I hear.

Fnix

Supervisors are taught to wear clip-on ties so in case their tie ever gets sucked in by a conveyor, they can be spared from impending doom.

The only item I ever had an issue with was my watch. It would get banged up pretty quickly.

Supervisors shouldnt be getting that close to belts.

local804

UPS has always had appearance standards for employees dealing with the public. They are just not enforced a lot of the times. I used to have long hair, but it came off when I went driving. It wasn't a difficult decision for me.

The appearance form we all filled out is posted blank on our coark board for a reminder of the rules. It DOES NOT say anything at all about jewelery.

FromBluetoBrown

I was sitting at home the other day after I got off work and a cover driver showed up to my house with a package for me and I couldn't help but notice the huge nose ring. He doesn't know that I work for UPS but as soon as my regular driver gets off vacation I might mention something to him.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Supervisors are taught to wear clip-on ties so in case their tie ever gets sucked in by a conveyor, they can be spared from impending doom.

The only item I ever had an issue with was my watch. It would get banged up pretty quickly.
thought they wern't supposed to be working!

over9five

Staff member
"...showed up to my house with a package for me and I couldn't help but notice the huge nose ring."

Hmmmm......

Did he deliver your package to you?
Did he swear, or call you names?
Was he polite?

What possible difference does it make what jewelry he wore as long as you got your package?
Some people have nothing better to do than look for things to complain about.

Sammie

You guys have a new contract coming up and it's time to voice those really important issues.

Dress codes were created to help people know what's expected of them in a particular setting, but some common sense and every day knowledge, please. Unlike my mailman, my milkman, the
Fedex and the DHL guys that I see here and there, you take pride in your jobs.

Yet you're forced to wear a brown shirt over your wife beater...

Your gold necklaces and the one or more earrings should be your own business...

You should also be able to wear your pants in the ever popular "Super Sag Mode"...

Have a talk with the union and see what your dues can get you.

Or better yet, move to France and get a job! Their government wants to do away with many retirement benefits and union employees are striking and rioting!!!

Nobody ever said life would be a fair deal, Chevydog66... :sad:

over9five

Staff member
"You still have milkmen?"

I remember, too. I still see the tin milk boxes at front doors once in a while, but I thought they were there for nostalgia. Are there still milkmen???

moreluck

golden ticket member
MILK DELIVERY...........

Milk delivery services from Maine to Washington state report a growing customer base as they tap into Americans' desire for local produce and overwhelmed dual-working families looking for relief.

Home delivery shrank to less than 1% of the market by the 1990s, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. While a 2005 government survey did not show an increase, anecdotal evidence suggests the service is growing.

over9five

Staff member
"...overwhelmed dual-working families looking for relief."

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with my fresh milk sitting in a tin box till I got home...

In the old days, Mom would be there to bring it in when it came.

FromBluetoBrown

"...showed up to my house with a package for me and I couldn't help but notice the huge nose ring."

Hmmmm......

Did he deliver your package to you?
Did he swear, or call you names?
Was he polite?

What possible difference does it make what jewelry he wore as long as you got your package?
Some people have nothing better to do than look for things to complain about.

Well I thought since the UPS driver represented the company's image in public eye he should look somewhat professional. I think that is what sets us above most of the other courier companies. I mean look at DHL, those guys look like a bag of a**. Dirty vans, their uniform is a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, one DHL driver I saw had an afropick in his hair. The one thing that was beat into my head when I was in the military was to take pride in your uniform appearance so I really can't help but to pay attention to those sort of things.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
"You still have milkmen?"

I remember, too. I still see the tin milk boxes at front doors once in a while, but I thought they were there for nostalgia. Are there still milkmen???
THOSE MILK BOXES WERE GREAT TO DR IN ,:scared: AT LEAST THE PKG COULDNT BE COOKED LIKE IF YOU LEFT IT IN THE GRILL LOL