The New Normal

hypo hanna

I don't know how to make it any simpler. My entire time with the company has been symbolized by one axiom. "Nothing promised, nothing stolen." My career moves reflect that reality.

Maybe this is why the express employees are so bitter. For us, much had been promised, much has been stolen.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe this is why the express employees are so bitter. For us, much had been promised, much has been stolen.

yes. And what has been discussed here is that it has been happening under your noses for years with no reaction. And R1a gave the same option I have always advocated but when I did it , it made me an ass. When he said it, it made him a hero to the cause. Go figure.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh. But I thought all Ground drivers worked 60 to 70 hours per week for $9/hr. At least that's what you've led people to belive, it seems to me.

Glorifiedpackmule

Oh. But I thought all Ground drivers worked 60 to 70 hours per week for $9/hr. At least that's what you've led people to belive, it seems to me.

Ground drivers in this part of the country make 500 dollars a week with no taxes takin out and no benefits. You may pay your drivers more but that isn't the normal in my neck of the woods.

STFXG

Ground drivers in this part of the country make 500 dollars a week with no taxes takin out and no benefits. You may pay your drivers more but that isn't the normal in my neck of the woods.

You're misinformed. Taxes have to be taken out. It's in the contract. Has been that way for years. So I'm guessing your pay information is outdated as well.

hypo hanna

yes. And what has been discussed here is that it has been happening under your noses for years with no reaction. And R1a gave the same option I have always advocated but when I did it , it made me an ass. When he said it, it made him a hero to the cause. Go figure.
Easier said then done for a 50+ year old with health issues. (Health issues that can be directly attributed to busting your butt for FEC.)
I have nothing against you BB or your business operation. My beef is with FedEx mgmt that has used up our best years and now is reneging on its commitments when we need them the most. If they were honest with me when I was in my 20's, I would have left for UPS then or worked to organize a union.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Easier said then done for a 50+ year old with health issues. (Health issues that can be directly attributed to busting your butt for FEC.)
I have nothing against you BB or your business operation. My beef is with FedEx mgmt that has used up our best years and now is reneging on its commitments when we need them the most. If they were honest with me when I was in my 20's, I would have left for UPS then or worked to organize a union.

Sorry, hanna. If you're 50+ years old and you have health issues the company will just try and get rid of you, even though your screwed up knee, back, foot, leg etc. is directly attributable to your job.

They aren't reneging on any agreement. Fred is giving you your freedom to leave Fedex and pursue other opportunities to be a 50+ bootstrapper.

bbsam

Staff member
What is it I am going to defend? Would you like me to fire a driver because ...because he shouldn't be willing to work for what we have agreed upon? Should I tell him, "I don't care if nobody is hiring, you can't work here because I don't pay you enough."?
They don't care. They're gonna defend what they do because they're the ones benefiting from it.

overflowed

More like a $600 salary for 60 hrs work. That's $10 per hr. W-O-W... BIG money.

I have a good friend that works for Ground in probably the most expensive market in the country. He gets 600 per week flat. 65-70hr week. I would've told him to leave but with his record he'd have a hard time getting a job flipping burgers. Not the most stable person if you know what I mean. Actually, my mistake he is HD.

HomeDelivery

north east? i get ~$750 on the average per week. hours vary from 60-70 if you count the walk-into-the warehouse to prep the delivery vehicle, get the scanner/battery/supplies stocked, & do a proper pre-post trip inspection, pre-load/sort my own vehicle... so really 40-50 hours driving time per week

the economy is still bad out there & i'm still looking, but as i've said before, it's better than nuthin'

the contractor i'm w/ now has healthcare (i declined, wife has way better coverage) and 401K w/ employer-matching

Disgruntled2

FredEx philosophy is about the same as the government.
Governments-dont-want-well-informed-well-educated-people-capable-of-critical-thinking.jpg

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Have you guys ever heard that most police depts. don't want to hire the most intelligent people who apply?
They want you just dumb enough to do what you're told without question.