The new package cars

chris9834

Whats everyones thoughts on the latest fleet of natural gas cars, with the new design bulkhead door weight system or at least thats what the mechanics told me its called? I absolutely hate them I would rather use the key atleast I know the door will open every single time im so tired of having to hit the dash several times and wiggle the door to get the solenoid to raise the latch so I can open the door, sometimes I have to hit the fob button. They should have left the pogo stick spring design whatever its called lol. They need to get there money back and get the old design back.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Whats everyones thoughts on the latest fleet of natural gas cars, with the new design bulkhead door weight system or at least thats what the mechanics told me its called? I absolutely hate them I would rather use the key atleast I know the door will open every single time im so tired of having to hit the dash several times and wiggle the door to get the solenoid to raise the latch so I can open the door, sometimes I have to hit the fob button. They should have left the pogo stick spring design whatever its called lol. They need to get there money back and get the old design back.

No, they need to return to a key and a lock, that worked great for 90 years.

Fragile

I don't get it. The new trucks keeping getting narrower and the packages keep getting better. Guy next to me has a new p1000 and couldn't fit a pottery barn package into his load. None of his bulk gets loaded under the shelves everything is slammed in the middle.

So what if they can fit more cars in the building. They can't fit any packages. They're also stiff to drive and the step isn't that low.

I don't get it. The new trucks keeping getting narrower and the packages keep getting better. Guy next to me has a new p1000 and couldn't fit a pottery barn package into his load. None of his bulk gets loaded under the shelves everything is slammed in the middle.

So what if they can fit more cars in the building. They can't fit any packages. They're also stiff to drive and the step isn't that low.
They tried giving me a new package car . I made give me my old one back. I have a ton of narrow streets and have to make many extra backs because I couldn't make the bends.

chris9834

Lol right.

chris9834

That and I will find hardware on the floor that wasnt adequately tightened that came frone God know where. I guess the boys on the assembly line got in a rush or something.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The older spring and lock system needs a lot of fiddling and setup to work well. The newer weight system is one I haven't had to monkey with too much yet. Have had pulleys mysteriously come off. Do all yourselves a favor and don't slam the door.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Our "system" for the first time in history actually let me know of a new one's arrival in advance recently. ONE freaky nothingincommonwithanyothercar Ford P80. WTF? Fleet consolidation?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The older spring and lock system needs a lot of fiddling and setup to work well. The newer weight system is one I haven't had to monkey with too much yet. Have had pulleys mysteriously come off. Do all yourselves a favor and don't slam the door.

Come on! Drive it like you stole it '-)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The latest Freightliners seem to be having endless campaigns coming along for them. The latest one in to replace the relays for the fuel pump and starter with a retrofit harness to upgrade to a much bigger one. They should have included the heater blower on this one. It burns up too. Such a huge vehicle and they choose to use relays the size of a piece of bubble gum. SMH.