The new package cars

UPSGUY72

Whats everyones thoughts on the latest fleet of natural gas cars, with the new design bulkhead door weight system or at least thats what the mechanics told me its called? I absolutely hate them I would rather use the key atleast I know the door will open every single time im so tired of having to hit the dash several times and wiggle the door to get the solenoid to raise the latch so I can open the door, sometimes I have to hit the fob button. They should have left the pogo stick spring design whatever its called lol. They need to get there money back and get the old design back.

If the door opener isn't working keep writing it up till they fix it....

chris9834

If the door opener isn't working keep writing it up till they fix it....
I have, automotive just gives me this long rant that the reason why its not working is because the weight system puts to much weight on the latch and the solenoid is not raising the latch. Funny thing is today after making this post. The bolt that holds the cable to the bulkhead door unraveled and the wire is no longer attached tbh I love it. I can literally shut and open the door with my pinky im not gunna right it up now lmao.

chris9834

Workhorse is dead as a brand. New ones are either Ford or Freightliner.
Yea I honestly liked the workhorses with that big a** motor.. but I bet for you Mechanics they were probably a pain with all the lights on the info cluster. Abs light, trans oil life, check engine lol.

UPSGUY72

I have, automotive just gives me this long rant that the reason why its not working is because the weight system puts to much weight on the latch and the solenoid is not raising the latch. Funny thing is today after making this post. The bolt that holds the cable to the bulkhead door unraveled and the wire is no longer attached tbh I love it. I can literally shut and open the door with my pinky im not gunna right it up now lmao.

In the future if your writing things up and they aren't getting fixed correctly get the DVIR and go see your center manager.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yea I honestly liked the workhorses with that big a** motor.. but I bet for you Mechanics they were probably a pain with all the lights on the info cluster. Abs light, trans oil life, check engine lol.
Would be just nice to have the diagnostic laptop to deal with them and the idiot lights. Been without one for 8 months.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The latest Freightliners seem to be having endless campaigns coming along for them. The latest one in to replace the relays for the fuel pump and starter with a retrofit harness to upgrade to a much bigger one. They should have included the heater blower on this one. It burns up too. Such a huge vehicle and they choose to use relays the size of a piece of bubble gum. SMH
Our newest Freightliners have had some ridiculous transmission issues after pulling TP60s. We had one go out on a nearly brand new car. They swapped out the vehicles for the same model with a heck of a lot less miles, only to have that one burn up on the driver the next day.

I stayed away from him when he got back that night. I'm kind of surprised he didn't burn the thing to the ground on the way back in.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Our newest Freightliners have had some ridiculous transmission issues after pulling TP60s. We had one go out on a nearly brand new car. They swapped out the vehicles for the same model with a heck of a lot less miles, only to have that one burn up on the driver the next day.

I stayed away from him when he got back that night. I'm kind of surprised he didn't burn the thing to the ground on the way back in.
!!!!! Never heard of this. We don't do TP60s at my new center. My previous one did not use the newest ones for pulling them as it was already covered with other vehicles. Strange this would happen as the transmission is mechanically the same one.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
!!!!! Never heard of this. We don't do TP60s at my new center. My previous one did not use the newest ones for pulling them as it was already covered with other vehicles. Strange this would happen as the transmission is mechanically the same one.
Strange. I'm about as mechanically gifted as a newborn, so I'm not really sure what happened. But I couldn't help but laugh as two new transmissions were delivered for two cars that arrived on the same day only a year earlier.

Tiny Panda

We've just started taking on new package cars in the past few months, they're based on the new weight Mercedes Sprinter as the larger Mercedes Vario pictured here has ceased production

The new trucks are similar size but have a 2 ton lower gross weight after a lot of package cars were weighed when leaving and returning to the center and it was decided the current 7.5ton weight wasn't needed as they would bulk out before hitting close to maximum weight. Mercedes along with the body manufacturer Spier have developed 3 new trucks P60, 70, 80 ranging from 3tons to 5.5 tons and with different body styles for different environments.

http://blog.ups.com/2013/01/09/see-more-hear-less-new-ups-vehicles-in-germany/

The new P60

P80
620_54a65d2aad5f2.jpg

specter208

We've just started taking on new package cars in the past few months, they're based on the new weight Mercedes Sprinter as the larger Mercedes Vario pictured here has ceased production

The new trucks are similar size but have a 2 ton lower gross weight after a lot of package cars were weighed when leaving and returning to the center and it was decided the current 7.5ton weight wasn't needed as they would bulk out before hitting close to maximum weight. Mercedes along with the body manufacturer Spier have developed 3 new trucks P60, 70, 80 ranging from 3tons to 5.5 tons and with different body styles for different environments.

http://blog.ups.com/2013/01/09/see-more-hear-less-new-ups-vehicles-in-germany/

The new P60

P80
620_54a65d2aad5f2.jpg
Hmmm. Not sure why the manufacturer logo is allowed to be seen on these vehicles?