The New Safety Lie

quadro

Steer manure is $1.98 per bag. Chicken manure is only $.98 a sack. I'm guessing you're spreading the latter. I especially love the idea that FedEx doesn't want us out late because they're concerned about our safety. I almost choked on my coffee.
Too bad you don't actually have a valid response to dismiss what I say. But then again, that's what union propaganda is all about.

quadro

Something you have to factor in also is when they eliminate a route or give you 20stops at the last minute is you still have to make sos service. So at our station , we are continually having to break off to make standard overnight in 2 different areas, then retracing the same are to make e2. So at that point you dont make stops per hour, return to building goals, and usually dont make service. Route density is affected as our stops per hour goals dont reflect having to do the same areas two times. Im a 24 year employee and this is happening alot more often lately. Were starting to get alot of ngative feedback from managers regarding our productivity lately due to what I just posted. Maybe its just our station, not sure if its widespread or not. Sorry for the long rant but this crap is getting old!
This is a valid concern and an educated response to what I said. Unlike MFE, you made an effort to discuss the issue. As long as you don't have more stops than you can do in a day, as in my previous example, then you have to make the choice of keeping stop per hour up or having a few lates in the area they gave you. Not an easy situation to be in. Still doesn't compromise safety as MFE would have you believe. Best thing you can do is keep a print out of a report showing what you did that day so if there's an issue at the end of the month about making goal, you'll have documentation to support your position. Keep in mind, if the extra stops happen often enough then they essentially become part of the route and your demonstrated performance will catch up with the slightly slower pace and lower stops per hour.
That sounds like more work than the actual work involved. I just do it pretty much by the books and let the chips fall were they may. If they get too stupid, which is becoming more frequent it seems, Im right back in her face with facts and asking for an eeoc packet, that usually shuts her up a little while until they get brave again and feel like poking at this hornets nest, then repeat it over again!
Exactly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is a valid concern and an educated response to what I said. Unlike MFE, you made an effort to discuss the issue. As long as you don't have more stops than you can do in a day, as in my previous example, then you have to make the choice of keeping stop per hour up or having a few lates in the area they gave you. Not an easy situation to be in. Still doesn't compromise safety as MFE would have you believe. Best thing you can do is keep a print out of a report showing what you did that day so if there's an issue at the end of the month about making goal, you'll have documentation to support your position. Keep in mind, if the extra stops happen often enough then they essentially become part of the route and your demonstrated performance will catch up with the slightly slower pace and lower stops per hour.

Exactly.

No. Defend and deflect...again. Maybe it's more work for mkcrod, but it's not for many others who do it day-in and day-out. And quit the IBT crap, because I'm critical of them all the time,especially that worthless Hoffa. They suck, but Fred sucks worse. Is that clear enough for you?

You, on the other hand, defend and rationalize nearly everything FedEx does. If anyone is on a payroll, it's you..not me. Tell Maury he needs a new boy. You're not up to the task.

10-27

We were told they would not lower numbers, but we must run the other part of the route more effiently to make up for the extra stuff they give us at last minute. But as you say if it happens all the time they should restructure that loop and adjust the numbers accordingly be it up or down. It seems they increase the numbers at the drop of a hat, but must go thru this hassel the driver process for an extended period of time before they actually acknowledge reality and pay attention to fact. Just my .02!

LTFedExer

This is how falsification and working through breaks became the norm in many locations. It's just expected, and management conveniently ignores it until something happens. Then you get fired, and they pretend to know nothing.
If you want to believe it's become the 'norm' to falsify, be my guest. I guess you've spoken to at least 5 couriers in every station in the U.S. to make a comment like that. Even if you've spoken to couriers in 50 stations, it's still a tiny percentage of the US stations.
Falsification and working through breaks becomes the norm when you either cannot hit your goal or you just don't want to work as late as the amount of work dictates. Or you are simply too lazy to do it right.
It hasn't become the norm quadro. It happens, but anyone willing to put their job on the line for the sake of missing SPH by 1 stop, more power to them. Besides, EVERY courier I know that's been fired in my almost 11 years, has been for falsification. NEVER has one been fired for not hitting their numbers.

quadro

No. Defend and deflect...again. Maybe it's more work for mkcrod, but it's not for many others who do it day-in and day-out. And quit the IBT crap, because I'm critical of them all the time,especially that worthless Hoffa. They suck, but Fred sucks worse. Is that clear enough for you?

You, on the other hand, defend and rationalize nearly everything FedEx does. If anyone is on a payroll, it's you..not me. Tell Maury he needs a new boy. You're not up to the task.
You are the master at deflecting as you don't actually address the points I make. You just like to show you shop at Home Depot. If I'm wrong, make an argument that actually makes sense.

I never said anything about IBT. Once again, expertly deflected. <tips hat>

quadro

It hasn't become the norm quadro. It happens, but anyone willing to put their job on the line for the sake of missing SPH by 1 stop, more power to them. Besides, EVERY courier I know that's been fired in my almost 11 years, has been for falsification. NEVER has one been fired for not hitting their numbers.
I didn't say it has become the norm. I said it becomes the norm when.....and gave some example. What I meant was it becomes the norm for an individual. Anyway, I think we agree that falsification isn't rampant as MFE would have everyone believe. And my experience is the same as yours. I've only ever seen someone fired for falsification, attendance, etc. Never for lates or performance. Not that it couldn't have happened but I've not seen it and I've seen my share of people fired over the years.

FedEx2000

We were told they would not lower numbers, but we must run the other part of the route more effiently to make up for the extra stuff they give us at last minute. But as you say if it happens all the time they should restructure that loop and adjust the numbers accordingly be it up or down. It seems they increase the numbers at the drop of a hat, but must go thru this hassel the driver process for an extended period of time before they actually acknowledge reality and pay attention to fact. Just my .02!

I'm not sure who "they" are, but that's BS, we've lowered SPH goals on at least 3 routes that I know of since the demonstrated performance goals went in to effect. A checkride has to be done on the route before the goal can go up or down, and the Sr. manager is the only one that can do it, ops mgrs don't have access to change them anymore. The 280 won't let the Sr. adjust it unless a checkride has posted in the system on that route. THe only thing we can adjust w/o a checkride is the stem times, which can easily be monitored w/o checkriding.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Too bad you don't actually have a valid response to dismiss what I say. But then again, that's what union propaganda is all about.

Right, this has nothing to do with the IBT and their "union propaganda". Perhaps you should read what you write.

quadro

Right, this has nothing to do with the IBT and their "union propaganda". Perhaps you should read what you write.
I was referring to unions in general. As you yourself noted, the IBT has been very quiet so what union propaganda of theirs would I be referring to? Perhaps you should read what I write.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was referring to unions in general. As you yourself noted, the IBT has been very quiet so what union propaganda of theirs would I be referring to? Perhaps you should read what I write.

Isn't all union propaganda the same thing to FedEx and Fred lovers like yourself?