The new way to get you in before 7:30

bham brown

This past week my management team has come up with a new way to try and make drivers want to come on in before 7:30.. The message every day is, if your eta is after 7:30 you will have to unload your own truck. Doesn't matter that you were dispatched with 12 hours. The fun never ends.

stink219

This past week my management team has come up with a new way to try and make drivers want to come on in before 7:30.. The message every day is, if your eta is after 7:30 you will have to unload your own truck. Doesn't matter that you were dispatched with 12 hours. The fun never ends.
I'd love i!! Do you know how much money I'd make? Are people really petrified of working that long?

bham brown

There are some younger ones who are a little scared. I don't have a hurry up mode so it doesn't affect me at all. It's not having the desired effect they were looking for at this time. They are just getting reamed for the reload never going down on time. AT 9:15 the other night there was still a package car on the back door with 1000 pieces on it yet to be touched.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'd love i!! Do you know how much money I'd make? Are people really petrified of working that long?

No crap that would be some of the easiest money I made all day. While I was at it I'd wash it out every night and fuel it up.

Hey I like the sound of that nice clean package car everyday. Can u have your center manager call my center manager.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All this crap and they will go at great lengths to get a part timer who is making $9 an hour off the clock as quickly as possible even if its not giving them their guarantee. I'm missing something here. Do they really love to harass drivers that much that they will harass them by putting more money into their pockets by making them work excessive hours? I wish that were me.

kingOFchester

Sorry, I have no interest in unloading my car at 8pm. If there was strong 9.5 language that actually discouraged UPS from working drivers over 9.5, we would not have this problem. As it stands, UPS is willing to pay 9.5 rather then honor 9.5. My feeling is, most drivers don't want to work 9.5, not about getting paid. Its about not working over 9.5.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm so glad i'm not where ever you all are. I barely get 45 hours a week non-peak. Enjoy those benjamins fellas. I'll be enjoying my family.

rocket man

let the runners come in leave there cars when i get in about 830 845 ill un load all there cars and ill leave mine for the other 3 or 4 drivers who get in after me .its coming to were we need a shower and cot to stay the night . cheaper the rent

rod

Retired 22 years
All this crap and they will go at great lengths to get a part timer who is making $9 an hour off the clock as quickly as possible even if its not giving them their guarantee. I'm missing something here. Do they really love to harass drivers that much that they will harass them by putting more money into their pockets by making them work excessive hours? I wish that were me.

No one ever said UPS management style made sense. Stick around a few years and you will see things that will make you bang your head against the wall-------and make you a lot of money if you work as directed.

Being on the clock make sure you take a 30 min break if its been more than 8 hrs since the last one. And, if by the time you punch out you have less than 10 hrs before your next start make sure to take the following day off.

Ghost in the Darkness

Nice... wonder how fast (slow) I can unload after a long day. Lets see I aleady have to truck jockey cuz someone parked in my lane... the guys next to me can't give me enough space cuz someone 6 lanes down can't park straight. Easy money... and especially on company property I'm gonna work extra safe ;)