The Next New Evil Threat to American Safety and WellBeing.......

wkmac

Lawn Darts!

If there is anyone not familar with this hidden monster of evil that threatens to overwhelm us, here is a top secret video that recorded these monsters in use!

As to you lawn dart users, we know who you are and

Horseshoe throwers are next up on the list and then badminton!

curiousbrain

First, they came for the lawndarts ...

edit: And, no way am I giving up my badminton; I could of gone pro but this damn knee ...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I recall my youth playing croquet & having a few cool ones, most dangerous games played.
We destroyed several car doors ( by using them to bounce balls off of them ), many shrubs and flower beds. One time we used someone's front & back yard by playing thru the house, resulted in a house lease being canceled.
Also those mallets can be used as a deadly weapon.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
During this time of budget cuts, I wonder how much this all costs ( police protection, heavy equipment, & manpower ) ?
And what did they do with them all ? recycle them to an intercity neighborhood ?

wkmac

During this time of budget cuts, I wonder how much this all costs ( police protection, heavy equipment, & manpower ) ?
And what did they do with them all ? recycle them to an intercity neighborhood ?

The cost question is a very good point. I understand the goal being in the right of way and the woman does have standing on that but watch around the 2 minute mark and the man is lied too. The woman IMO infers he can keep the goal post and a male voice off camera sez he can as well as the other owners could have also. Had those comments never been made to the man, the cost issue would still be there but it'd just be a lesson learned for putting the goalpost where they did.

But then Ms. High&Mighty keeps the goal post anyway. If the cop was there for justice and the best interest of all, he would have stepped in to say the man should keep the goal post but let it be a real lesson as just what and who it means when you hear "To Protect and Serve!" It ain't you that this phrase is meant to mean. All that cop was there for was to be blonde's "Freak on a Leash!"

satellitedriver

Jeez,
I miss the 50's.
Basket ball hoops were over the garage door.
A kid could make a parachute out of an old bed sheet and jump off the roof.
Sling shots were the carry weapon of the day.
Who the hell are these people/officials trying to protect?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
The cost question is a very good point. I understand the goal being in the right of way and the woman does have standing on that but watch around the 2 minute mark and the man is lied too. The woman IMO infers he can keep the goal post and a male voice off camera sez he can as well as the other owners could have also. Had those comments never been made to the man, the cost issue would still be there but it'd just be a lesson learned for putting the goalpost where they did.

But then Ms. High&Mighty keeps the goal post anyway. If the cop was there for justice and the best interest of all, he would have stepped in to say the man should keep the goal post but let it be a real lesson as just what and who it means when you hear "To Protect and Serve!" It ain't you that this phrase is meant to mean. All that cop was there for was to be blonde's "Freak on a Leash!"

No infering there, she told him they would lay it down in his yard. She friggin lied. What a four lettered word that starts with the letter "C". When I was a kid, we lived on a cul de sac and my next door neighbor, a kid around my age, had a basketball goal on the street. Kids from all over the neighborhood used to come down to our street and play ball. Aside from our parents, it was something that helped keep us out of trouble.

One day the school bus came down the street and nailed that basketball goal. I can understand why it probably should have been moved, but why lie to the man? Why spend the money it cost to have crews, trucks, heavy equipment, and state employees to remove them. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to mail them a letter to remove it or face heavy fines? Perhaps that would've taken far too much common sense.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Jeez,
I miss the 50's.
Basket ball hoops were over the garage door.
A kid could make a parachute out of an old bed sheet and jump off the roof.
Sling shots were the carry weapon of the day.
Who the hell are these people/officials trying to protect?

Watch out, I hear that the Muslims are equipped with lawn darts and they aren't afraid to use them.

wkmac

No infering there, she told him they would lay it down in his yard. She friggin lied. What a four lettered word that starts with the letter "C". When I was a kid, we lived on a cul de sac and my next door neighbor, a kid around my age, had a basketball goal on the street. Kids from all over the neighborhood used to come down to our street and play ball. Aside from our parents, it was something that helped keep us out of trouble.

One day the school bus came down the street and nailed that basketball goal. I can understand why it probably should have been moved, but why lie to the man? Why spend the money it cost to have crews, trucks, heavy equipment, and state employees to remove them. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to mail them a letter to remove it or face heavy fines? Perhaps that would've taken far too much common sense.

We have 2 basketball goals just like this on my street right now and it's never caused any problem at all. At times I wished I'd put my son's goal out on the street as well because there's a constant bare spot in the yard where he and his buddies love to stand for that most famous half court shot! :happy-very:

I completely agree that the better way to handle that would have been to send out letters, etc. and listening to the video, it sounded like the removal may have been selective and not neighborhood wide suggesting other goals remained standing. There may indeed be lots more to this story on bothsides that we don't know but I'm hoping the vid goes viral which could then shake out the complete story of it all.

Oh IMO she lied too but her words were parsed so that may be her out if confronted. I'd like to know who the male voice off camera was because his words were more direct.

More and more jurisdictions around the country are making it illegal to film public officials, police etc. while performing their jobs and IMO people should resist this kind of action. Film can also just as easily exonerate as it can convict and this applies to both sides of any dispute. IMO, when you are any type of public official in any capacity, when you are on the job, I got no problem whatsoever at any point during that time if in fact you are filmed while performing that job. Be interesting to see if this vid does go viral and then if the local powers that be try to come after the film maker from some other legal direction.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just painted our house....got no permission from the association. (shame shame) If they say anything I'll say "what paint? where?" See, we painted the exact same color. I love to be a rebel!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Getting back to the video, I remember a song from the 70's......Oh yeah, this skinny gal belting out, "we've only just begun"

This is a sign of the things to come. The police are not to protect us from criminals. IT is to protect the governments from the people. The trooper is a prime example of that. He heard what she said to him. Then when they took it away, he did nothing but made the people retreat back into their home.

One last tidbit, they might have a right of way, but they do not own what is on that right of way. Therefor, any damage they do, or anything they remove without a court order is bogus. In this case, it was not done properly.

But we will see more and more of this in the future. People getting their home confiscated by the government for the "public good, but yet US 1 is re-routed so the Kennedy's can have their compound all to themselves, even though it sits right in the way.

Justice is never ever equal.

d