The Obamas move to DC

over9five

Staff member
Kudos to the Obamas for having Grandma come to DC to help with the kids. (Much better than hiring a Nanny).

Check out those school fees, tho! Glad I don't have to spend $50,000 tuition to send kids to 2nd and 5th grade!!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Kudos to the Obamas for having Grandma come to DC to help with the kids. (Much better than hiring a Nanny).

Check out those school fees, tho! Glad I don't have to spend $50,000 tuition to send kids to 2nd and 5th grade!!!!

The article makes me respect the Obama's even more for their strong family values and sense of responsibility. An absolute polar difference compared to the Clintons.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Wow, I don't feel so bad about the $7,000 a year I have to pay private school.

My folks were paying a little over 10K for a private boys prep school west of Chicago for two of my brothers. I thought it was nuts. They pulled the last one out after last school year and one that had been supposed to go there didn't. Unless you live in a city like Chicago, the public schools are OK. Not great but OK. I would not send my kids to private schools unless we lived in a big city with bad schools and even then I'd be grinding my teeth. I would not be a happy man because of the institutional culture of elitism, etc. Not my kids!!!! -Rocky

passerby

I agree and aren't those little girls adorable. :happy-very:
Funny, I was just watching last night's Daily Show, and there was a skit on subliminal racism, guess what?

Paranoia, homosexual fixation, racism... you hit the trifecta! Have another cevesas, LOL.

tieguy

Banned
Funny, I was just watching last night's Daily Show, and there was a skit on subliminal racism, guess what?

Paranoia, homosexual fixation, racism... you hit the trifecta! Have another cevesas, LOL.

Sounds like you're trying to make up something sick out of a sincere comment? Care to explain?

tieguy

Banned
Tie, I'm not savvy enough to know how to embed video here, but go to:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Look for 'Black Liberal Guilt' by Larry Wilmore, about 3:10 in...seem familiar?

I make a sincere comment on how cute Obamas kids are.

You throw out the racist accusation.

I ask you why you would make such a comment.

You tell me to watch some video?

No wonder liberals have this country all screwed up.

passerby

Yep, you are known for your sincerity far and wide.

Watch the video, have a laugh, it's the Daily Show, for cripes sake.

Did you really donate to Ron Paul this cycle?

No wonder you're so cranky.

tieguy

Banned
Yep, you are known for your sincerity far and wide.

Watch the video, have a laugh, it's the Daily Show, for cripes sake.

Did you really donate to Ron Paul this cycle?

No wonder you're so cranky.

How would you know what I am known for far and wide?

That was a typical liberal low blow generated by liberals who are too stupid to defend the destruction of this economy by them.

The first thing a liberal does when they are getting their but kicked is scream racist.

point for me.

passerby

How would you know what I am known for far and wide?

That was a typical liberal low blow generated by liberals who are too stupid to defend the destruction of this economy by them.

The first thing a liberal does when they are getting their but kicked is scream racist.

point for me.
Have another drink.

govols019

You smell that?
I would not send my kids to private schools unless we lived in a big city with bad schools and even then I'd be grinding my teeth. I would not be a happy man because of the institutional culture of elitism, etc. Not my kids!!!! -Rocky

Have kids of your own and then come talk to me about your fear of cultural elitism. My wife and I do without some things we might want to give him the best opportunity to be successful in life. That's what parents do.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Have kids of your own and then come talk to me about your fear of cultural elitism. My wife and I do without some things we might want to give him the best opportunity to be successful in life. That's what parents do.

Oh, I agree that's what parents do to make their kid successful in life. I came of age dealing with cultural elitism at home. I'm more afraid of that cultural elitism for my kids' sakes and what it does to them. Your son gets too elitist, I speak from past experience when I say UPS is the place to send him to work. The supes you despise so much will take him down a couple notches. And they'll do it in a hurry. Some Illinois UPS supes will always have my admiration. -Rocky