The Odds Of A Pay Raise In October

As this company slowly sinks into a sea of lunacy, I had to take a break and visit my uncle fredo in Las Vegas. He works as a bookie at a major hotel and is willing to give odds on just about everything. Over dinner one evening he asked me how things were going at fedex. I told him it feels like being on Social Security-cut in hours, index inflation pay increases and the "be glad you still have a job attitude" from the friend troop management team in Memphis( I give them all a grade of friend-but I digress.) He smiled. I asked him what the odds are of getting a real pay raise in October. He said and I quote "you got a better chance of getting into heaven". He also made another sage observation about fortune 500 corporations-"They would sell their own mothers if they could turn a profit." I had to agree.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As this company slowly sinks into a sea of lunacy, I had to take a break and visit my uncle fredo in Las Vegas. He works as a bookie at a major hotel and is willing to give odds on just about everything. Over dinner one evening he asked me how things were going at fedex. I told him it feels like being on Social Security-cut in hours, index inflation pay increases and the "be glad you still have a job attitude" from the friend troop management team in Memphis( I give them all a grade of friend-but I digress.) He smiled. I asked him what the odds are of getting a real pay raise in October. He said and I quote "you got a better chance of getting into heaven". He also made another sage observation about fortune 500 corporations-"They would sell their own mothers if they could turn a profit." I had to agree.

Very little chance of a raise in October given the latest financial results. If anything, expect more takeaways.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
There's no reason in the world why they would actually give us a raise in Oct.
They'll just dream up some excuse while we continue to buy new jets.

SmithBarney

They moved it to the fall when "earnings" are typically down, compared to directly after peak.
Therefore they can easily use the "we aren't making money excuse" every year.

55+

I'm guessing there will be a raise but it will be really small. maybe 2%..or some complex computation of numbers that turns out to be 2%..good luck to all.I'm bailing in June. I've had enough of this dog and pony show.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm going with there is a 100% chance you will get your raises in Oct.

Even if we get a raise in October, they will negate it with another takeaway or increased contributions to healthcare etc. That is how FedEx has always done it. Anything you get is offset by something that ensures your overall compensation will be reduced and result in a net loss of income.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Even if we get a raise in October, they will negate it with another takeaway or increased contributions to healthcare etc. That is how FedEx has always done it. Anything you get is offset by something that ensures your overall compensation will be reduced and result in a net loss of income.
yep, that's how it's been for years now. Any time we get any sort of raise I just find myself waiting for the next shoe to drop - and the wait is never long.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

A guy who runs a game that doesn't pay true odds making moral judgments? LOL!

TUT

Right but that isn't the question now. The thing is I'm going to be right and those that want to magnify everything will be wrong here, again. You are going to get your raises.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Very little chance of a raise in October given the latest financial results. If anything, expect more takeaways.

Look at the bright side. Your attempts at chasing away customers, deliberately having service failures, and not caring in general are finally paying off. Anyone else who saw his plans come to fruition would be happy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Look at the bright side. Your attempts at chasing away customers, deliberately having service failures, and not caring in general are finally paying off. Anyone else who saw his plans come to fruition would be happy.

Yep, I'm happy now. What really makes me joyous is seeing others do the same thing. However, blame for the Express fiasco lies almost solely in the laps of upper management (where you cuddle with MT3), so they get the credit, not me.

Guapo

I asked our SM in last pre SFA meeting directly about our raise and managers raise...he swore up and down no manager got a raise in March and were all getting one in Oct. We shall see.

MAKAVELI

I asked our SM in last pre SFA meeting directly about our raise and managers raise...he swore up and down no manager got a raise in March and were all getting one in Oct. We shall see.
The key word being March they don't get the raise at the same time we do. They got thiers alright.

Last edited:

hypo hanna

As if there is much of a correlation between profits and service and our compensation. If that were the case, why is it this company has never been more profitable and has never run leaner but they can afford a boost in pay for everyone but the hourlies?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As if there is much of a correlation between profits and service and our compensation. If that were the case, why is it this company has never been more profitable and has never run leaner but they can afford a boost in pay for everyone but the hourlies?

Exactly. While they plead poverty and stress the need for us to be willing to accept less, they take more for themselves and are seeing record profits. This is a Mitt Romney wet dream. Didn't we actually elect someone else?