The Official Brown Cafe Racing Thread

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont like the new Nascar. I liked the way it used to be. So many rules, all the same, it gets to the point of going back to dirt track for pure excitement.
JMHO

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I dont like the new Nascar. I liked the way it used to be. So many rules, all the same, it gets to the point of going back to dirt track for pure excitement.
JMHO

I agree 100%......I'll be in Gainesville sunday for the NHRA GatorNationals....Will post pics late sunday evening

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Heres some pics from the NHRA GatorNationals

012.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007-1.jpg

006.jpg

SoyFish

I like the pics. LOVE NASCAR, but there is something about drag racing that doesn't excite me, but when I see Tractor Pulling on TV that is actually interesting.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
The UPS #6 will start 26th today at Martinsville if it doesn't get rained out. Will David Ragan finish in the top 10???

moreluck

golden ticket member
UPS Reveals New NASCAR Ad Campaign

David Ragan to Compete in “Maximum Driver” Challenges

• Thursday April 2, 2009, 10:00 am EDT
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NASCAR rising star David Ragan won’t be racing the “big brown truck” this year, but he will be learning what it takes to be a UPS driver in a humorous new television advertising campaign UPS launches this weekend as part of its revamped racing program.
The four-spot series, which was produced by The Martin Agency, will feature Ragan competing with UPS drivers in various extreme physical challenges to determine who will earn the title of “Maximum Driver.” The first spot will be broadcast on FOX on Sunday, April 5, during the Samsung 500 at Texas Motor Speedway, but a special preview will be available on Friday afternoon, April 3, at www.racing.ups.com.
Ragan made his UPS Racing debut at the Daytona 500 in February, at which time a new television ad introducing him to the UPS team began running that featured Ragan driving his Number 6 Ford Fusion through the UPS corporate headquarters. The “Maximum Driver” series will go beyond the introduction, with Ragan facing several unique and potentially harrowing challenges as he goes toe-to-toe with some of UPS’s elite delivery professionals.
The “Maximum Driver” campaign follows UPS’s immensely popular “Race the Truck” commercials featuring NASCAR legend Dale Jarrett, who represented UPS Racing for nearly eight years.
“That campaign became a favorite of NASCAR fans everywhere and it did a great deal to help us establish a strong presence in the sport,” said Ron Rogowski, UPS director of sponsorships. “This campaign is a fresh approach to promoting our NASCAR involvement and it has some creative marketing muscle behind it.”
After the Samsung 500, the three remaining spots will be revealed sequentially throughout the 2009 racing season.
“I’m really excited about the new commercials and I think NASCAR fans are going to love them, too,” said Ragan. “The ads are extremely funny, but they still manage to convey UPS’s core strengths of service, dedication and reliability.”
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., UPS (NYSE: UPS - News) is the world’s largest package delivery company and a global leader in supply chain services. Each day, the UPS pit crew of more than 425,000 dedicated employees delivers to more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. In 2009, UPS begins its 10th year as the Official Express Delivery Company of NASCAR and its ninth consecutive year of primary sponsorship in the league’s top-ranked Sprint Cup Series. For more information, log onto racing.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.

bad company

semi-pro
Ragan's engine overheated due to debris being stuck on the grille. He was in the top 5 for pretty much the whole race and led for a lap (bonus points). Roush Fenway has been dissapointing this year. I think merging their engine program with Yates was a bad idea.

navigator

Pictures from my Iphone at PIR Sat/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0141.JPG/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0156.JPG/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0234.JPG/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Roll 34/IMG_/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0219.JPG0139.JPG/Users/Ron/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0173.JPGNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Roll /Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto /Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0221.JPGLibrary/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0220.JPG34/IMG_0154.JPG/Users/RonNotaro/Pictu/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0218.JPGres/iPhoto /Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0173.JPG/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0164.JPGLibrary/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0158.JPG/Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto /Users/RonNotaro/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0163.JPGLibrary/Originals/2009/Roll 34/IMG_0162.JPG

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
NASCAR announced that it has placed Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears on probation for the next six races in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of their on-track incident last Saturday at the conclusion of the race at Phoenix International Raceway. Earnhardt, driver of the #88 team and Mears, driver of the #07 team, both violated Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing; hitting another competitor’s car after the race had concluded) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. The probation takes effect beginning with this weekend’s event at Talladega Superspeedway.(NASCAR PR)(4-21-2009) Comment here