The official "here's my dog" thread

27Redfish

This is my Black Lab Jezzebel. She passed away on Halloween of last year. I still miss her today. :angel:

Watermelon004.jpg

satellitedriver

She is a beauty Sat. What did you name her?
Her name is Dean.
We use to have a Shepherd, that is almost her twin, and her name was Nadine and her nick name was Deano.
When we rescued her, a friend loaned me a 8'x10' chain link kennel.
I left for work and came by home during lunch to check on her.
She was gone.
I was devastated, as I walked towards my house I saw her inside my house?
Basically,
What the hell?
She had climbed out of the kennel and shimmied through a 6"x10" cat door and made herself at home.
(She had only been here one day and never inside)
I started laughing and told her she was a Houdini.
I thought her name was going to be Dini, but my wife decided to make her name Dean.
You asked a simple question and I gave a complex answer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
1679.jpg
2131.jpg

1677.jpg

This is Baer, Sasha and Belle. Baer and Sasha are 9 years old and Belle is 5. We just found out that Belle is blind in her left eye, though it's not glazed over. She's been sickly since 3 years old, so we changed her food. She now eats Blue Buffalo Lamb and rice, which has no gluten of silly chemicals. Her coat, which had almost all fallen out, has grown back and she doesn't smell half as bad as she did.

Baer loves to Fetch anything and will do so till, and even after his heart is beating out of his chest.
Sasha is a lap dog, though she weighs 60lbs, she just wants to love everyone.
Belle loves to chase people. She'll run as far and as fast as anyone. She does have trouble judging the length of her snout and will ram you with it when trying to give you a kiss.:happy2:

Channahon

My daughter has been involved in dog rescues for the last 5 years. She started with Pointers and is now with Weims, her favorite dog.

As a result I have 5 granddogs, do transports (like the underground railroad for dogs) and home visits for adoptive parents. She has 3 German shorthair points, one mutt, and one weim. The economy has really impacted adoptions and foster homes, for these poor babies. Every adoptive parent that passes the interview questions, helps save a dog.

And my husband always tells me (Don't look in their eyes) as I would want to bring them all home. It's a great feeling, knowing you are a part of a dog's life to give them a second chance in life.