The OMS quit ..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
our managers take turns going out on stress leave. when they come back they act like jack Nicholson did when he got his frontal lobotomy in cukoos nest.

10 point

Two out of our three are really good. But during peak they make one of the good ones a helper coordinator and bring in an off the street temp to fill in.

There's nothing as frustrating as repeating the issue to the temp on the phone three times just to hear them say "well, I don't know, hang on and I'll try to ask someone"... and you have 65 stops to go at 6:30.

sox

I was on taw a couple of years ago in the office and could not believe the crap they take from customers. I guess it's a lot easier to demean a faceless person on the phone than a 6 ft 200 lb guy at your front door.

8000Shelf

We can't seem to keep an OMS for the afternoon shift these days. Had 3 come and go in about 8 months.

They seem to do all the dirty work for the driver sups.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We only have 2 OMSes. 1 is a rock star. Everybody loves her, extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the whole operation. Would have made an awesome On Car, but she started here late in life and is due to retire next week. We're going to miss her.

The afternoon one though, is garbage. Never does anything right. Always has an attitude. Very sneaky.

I wish we were bigger and could have another OMS. I get to due the OMS stuff at night and it's the worst part of the job. Customers screaming at you because of misdeliveries or late air. Then all the other sort stuff on top of it. I'd rather load trailers for 15 hours during peak than OMS for 5.5 hours in air conditioning.

MrBrown

whats an OMS, that the person who turns off youtube or puts their phone down when I walk into their office? Or the one who asks where Ill be in 20 minutes and sends the message so I have to respond turning my diad into a brick?

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't recognize this OMS thing? They must not have been needed when I was there. With all the pt sups, full time sups, OMS"s and all the other management types what the hell does a center manager do now days? From what I read on here the only thing he is allowed to do is answer the morning phone call from his boss telling him how many trucks he is allowed to put on the road that day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I don't recognize this OMS thing? They must not have been needed when I was there. With all the pt sups, full time sups, OMS"s and all the other management types what the hell does a center manager do now days? From what I read on here the only thing he is allowed to do is answer the morning phone call from his boss telling him how many trucks he is allowed to put on the road that day. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Someone has to answer for over allowed and ORION trace.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
KRwdDk.gif

T

Turdferguson

That are still allowed to say to drivers " I'll look into it".