The package was left in a UPS facility??

Scottjk02

Hey guys,

I am wondering if someone can help me decipher this:

'The package was left in a UPS facility. / Forwarded to the facility in the destination city.'

The package seems to be in my general area. The scheduled delivery date was Friday until the date dissappeared this afternoon. I was hoping not to have to wait until Tuesday for this package. I'd be glad to pick it up if I knew where it was. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1ZT3519T4293451463

tre305

sounds like it may have came down the sort late which is why it was left behind. usually if that happens....at least in my center....its taken out and delivered later on in the day by a driver....or somethings even our sups take them out to whoever the driver is that its suppose to go to.

packageguy

sounds like it may have came down the sort late which is why it was left behind. usually if that happens....at least in my center....its taken out and delivered later on in the day by a driver....or somethings even our sups take them out to whoever the driver is that its suppose to go to.

supervisors are not to shuttle work, I hope you guys don't have drivers laid off.

tre305

supervisors are not to shuttle work, I hope you guys don't have drivers laid off.

i haven't seen a driver laid off in a while down here, seen one fired for "drug" problems that were way too obvious and another one fired for apparently not "cooperating" with management in what im guessing was a plan for them to catch someone who was stealing on our preload....which with him all was covered up by him coming off the road from driving and working inside b/c management "misplaced" his doctor papers saying it was ok for him to drive since he's a diabetic.

Ive seen sups, P/T and friend/T and even our center manager and dispatcher take packages out after the sort ended. and that's even with cover drivers already given work to take out as well. we seriously have problems down here in Miami South (3311)

Scottjk02

Thanks for the response!

You may be right. However, right before that message, "Out for Delivery" is displayed. I'm wondering, does this not necessarily imply that the box is in the truck, but just that a truck has left that is supposed to carry the customer's package?

Happy Friday.

packageguy

i haven't seen a driver laid off in a while down here, seen one fired for "drug" problems that were way too obvious and another one fired for apparently not "cooperating" with management in what im guessing was a plan for them to catch someone who was stealing on our preload....which with him all was covered up by him coming off the road from driving and working inside b/c management "misplaced" his doctor papers saying it was ok for him to drive since he's a diabetic.

Ive seen sups, P/T and friend/T and even our center manager and dispatcher take packages out after the sort ended. and that's even with cover drivers already given work to take out as well. we seriously have problems down here in Miami South (3311)

I would call your union hall, tell them want's going on, that could be a full time job, somewhere in the future. Start grieving it see what happends, when they start pay, they will consider creating a job.

tre305

Thanks for the response!

You may be right. However, right before that message, "Out for Delivery" is displayed. I'm wondering, does this not necessarily imply that the box is in the truck, but just that a truck has left that is supposed to carry the customer's package?

Happy Friday.

exactly, whoever found the package afterwards probably scanned it as "left at UPS center". Ive actually never seen that done but depending on where you are it may be too late to go and try to pick it up now, you may just have to wait it out til Tuesday.Sorry about that man.

tarbar66

I'd say you won't get the package till Tuesday. If it was my package I would have called the 800 # and made arrangements to get it this evening or tomorrow.

tre305

I would call your union hall, tell them want's going on, that could be a full time job, somewhere in the future. Start grieving it see what happends, when they start pay, they will consider creating a job.

that's what Ive been thinking about doing and alot of my co workers have done the same but honestly i haven't seen any change yet, they're more concerned about making the numbers at any cost possible. plus there's a whole heap of other management/employee rivalries going on right now...one in particular with our primary sup being demoted (which we were all ecstatic about since he was an :censored2:) and now him trying to sabotage the new primary sup's job since he's upset over it....and NOW he's trying to sue....either the job...management or whoever over it.....like i said man more problems than a little bit so i think my grievance wont make it far. BUT i will do it

tre305

i don't think so, customer centers are usually closed on the weekends and the only deliveries are like high priority Saturday packages.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hey guys,

I am wondering if someone can help me decipher this:

'The package was left in a UPS facility. / Forwarded to the facility in the destination city.'

The package seems to be in my general area. The scheduled delivery date was Friday until the date dissappeared this afternoon. I was hoping not to have to wait until Tuesday for this package. I'd be glad to pick it up if I knew where it was. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1ZT3519T4293451463
I would go to the Elm grove facility, 12400 W Bluemound rd, and ask. #262-785-7220 I THINK is the manager's number. It is at the facility. Will be there until Tuesday, now. Sorry. Not sure why it is there, except the fact they don't give us one second to think or you get written up for lack of production. Under those intense circumstances, things fall through the cracks. Unfortunately for you, it affected you this time. As a conscientious union employee of UPS, I apologize for the lack of customer service. Good luck to you.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I would go to the Elm grove facility, 12400 W Bluemound rd, and ask. #262-785-7220 I THINK is the manager's number. It is at the facility. Will be there until Tuesday, now. Sorry. Not sure why it is there, except the fact they don't give us one second to think or you get written up for lack of production. Under those intense circumstances, things fall through the cracks. Unfortunately for you, it affected you this time. As a conscientious union employee of UPS, I apologize for the lack of customer service. Good luck to you.

i don't think so, customer centers are usually closed on the weekends and the only deliveries are like high priority Saturday packages.

Scottjk02, according to the company's website, the Elm Grove, WI will call counter is open Saturday 10am to 1pm. If you want it today, go to the company's website or call the 1-800 # ASAP to have it available for you to pickup. I recommend you get there as early as you can, and be prepared to wait. Also, check to see what you will need to bring with you. Typically you must have government-issued ID (like a driver's license) that matches the name and address on the package.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If the package is there, it would have to have been put on Will Call for the customer to pick it up at the Customer Counter. There is a good chance it is loaded onto a trailer for the Preload to unload Tuesday morning. I doubt somebody is going to unload a trailer to dig out one package.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
If the package is there, it would have to have been put on Will Call for the customer to pick it up at the Customer Counter. There is a good chance it is loaded onto a trailer for the Preload to unload Tuesday morning. I doubt somebody is going to unload a trailer to dig out one package.
I was thinking about that. If that was the case, the last tracking update should be during the local sort/reload (say between 5pm &10pm), with the forwarded to the facility in the destination city message.