The passing of a brother.... RIP mark

Local 623 phila

I am sorry to inform you that a passing of a great guy was killed while repairing a truck at work for ups.... Mark was a machanic at the south Philadelphia hub.. Mark was a great guy who when you had a problem with your truck he would get to fixing it. Mark was the only machanic who u knew on a first name basis and he knew yours. He always had time to listen to your problems and problems with your truck.. He would be in the office every nite picking up the dvir's and talking to everyone. We here at the hub lost a really great guy who will be missed........... RIP mark :-(

brownedout

Just awful news. Deepest condolences to Mark's family, friends, and co-workers. May God grant you the place to understand this tragedy.

SpoolEmUp

Mechanics are the unsung heroes in freight operations. A thankless job done at 100% no doubt by mark.To Mark and all his mechanic brotheren, thanks for keeping our tires spinning. RIP brother.

satellitedriver

May perpetual light shine upon him.
My prayers goes to his family.

Folks, life is fleeting and fragile.
If you love someone show them each and everyday.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Very sad....Condolences to Mark's family, friends, and co-workers.

The article mentioned hoist, does that facility have truck hoists and not just jacks and jack stands?

dragracer66

None of our buildings in metro philly have hoist's or lift's. The truck was on jack stands front and rear and apparently while he was lowering the rear something tragic happened. Mark was a hell of a guy and a good friend to all who knew him. I have had the pleasure of knowing him for over 20 years. He was a hard worker and a great mechanic and provided for his family to the end. He will surely be missed by all of us. RIP Mark...