The Plan is Still a Go

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam, how many drivers have you hired since you were told there was going to be an influx of volume?

Are the managers getting buyout offers? I thought it was mostly Memphis-no one who touches packages.

I am taking all of the hours I can this peak, I will be pissed if the world ends on the 21st.

None. But that's because I always overstaff for coveering vacations and illnesses. Also I have been taking note of the decent temp help that has been hired for Home Delivery. Should I need the extra help, it is available

Artee

I stopped by a station the other night and saw the printed out highlights from that mornings station meeting. The first bullet point the SM made was that "Express Saver is not going to be shifted over to ground. Sales is now out actively selling 3 day. It of course is not going to be a high yielding product. It will mean more freight for the station along with more hours for everyone. " Whether he just said that to keep everyone's moral/spirits up through peak remains to be seen.

whenIgetthere

I stopped by a station the other night and saw the printed out highlights from that mornings station meeting. The first bullet point the SM made was that "Express Saver is not going to be shifted over to ground. Sales is now out actively selling 3 day. It of course is not going to be a high yielding product. It will mean more freight for the station along with more hours for everyone. " Whether he just said that to keep everyone's moral/spirits up through peak remains to be seen.

Recently when we had late freight, our SM had a meeting with all the employees who weren't launched with the first wave of freight. I was launched, and wasn't present, so what I say hear is second hand from another employee. The SM told them that the company will be turning to mostly PT help in the future, something anyone here already understands. It was quite a shock to quite a few kool-aid gulpers from what I have heard.

vantexan

Recently when we had late freight, our SM had a meeting with all the employees who weren't launched with the first wave of freight. I was launched, and wasn't present, so what I say hear is second hand from another employee. The SM told them that the company will be turning to mostly PT help in the future, something anyone here already understands. It was quite a shock to quite a few kool-aid gulpers from what I have heard.

Might be why DRA comes up with too many rts. Might be filling those rts with PTers in the near future.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Kool-Aid is hard to kick.

Goldilocks

Might be why DRA comes up with too many rts. Might be filling those rts with PTers in the near future.

I think your right, something is up. Why in the world would they implement DRA during peak without bodies? Its crazy, some of our drivers are getting back in at 8pm. Most around 7pm....And this is just deliveries not pickups...

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Dynamic Roads something.
It's the thing that can get loaded on to your power pad that lists every stop by address.
I have yet to use it.

STFXG

Or they are trying to make you feel more important than you are. I hear dominos is implementing DRA. With your experience with such advanced logistics technology I'm sure they would hire you. Might help supplement your income once you're not working any hours next month...

Bailey4

I believe that r1a is telling the truth. When Fred made his last announcement it seemed to elude to the fact that services would be aligned. and costs cut at Express. I for one...do not expect that Fred will stand up and reveal all the details. Just think about the buyout information they have handed out. First it was all non ground operations people, then it was well some operations people and maybe a few more...they tell you what they want ...just enough but not all of it.... when they are ready to they reveal the rest of the story. They act like they were not the creators of the situation even though they indeed create the master plan.

As for buying out couriers...they do not need to really. If you have worked at FedEx any amount of time ...you have seen they have plenty of ways to harass and defame those that they choose as the target. Maybe they will buyout a few but I think they already started the process of making us uncomfortable. Just look at the gap reports, VIR audits, !00 percent on everything and 95 percent efficiency check rides on routes just to highlight a few. FedEx controls all these numbers and factors. All they have to do is add something to your route like more area or like... hey Buddie ....here's 2 FO ....drive past all your P1 to get these because I have started you late enough with a pile of freight in you truck you have no time to even van...so that it will take a miracle for you not to have a late which I will document or take area away from you so you cannot hit 95% because they need to give work the a brand new part time driver rather utilizing existing part timers or full timers who make more money. They can have corporate security follow you or they can follow you and make sure you see them. They can look at your VIR every day. They can make comments that are belittling about you in front of others while ignoring real issues in others. We have all seen it. Sure they have picked out those who they will keep for now but I am sure they have picked out those they will target when Memphis comes a calling after Christmas. It really is just a matter of common sense. Look around. We are like frogs being slowly cooked in a pot so that we do not jump out before we are done. And they do not get caught with their hand in the pot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I believe that r1a is telling the truth. When Fred made his last announcement it seemed to elude to the fact that services would be aligned. and costs cut at Express. I for one...do not expect that Fred will stand up and reveal all the details. Just think about the buyout information they have handed out. First it was all non ground operations people, then it was well some operations people and maybe a few more...they tell you what they want ...just enough but not all of it.... when they are ready to they reveal the rest of the story. They act like they were not the creators of the situation even though they indeed create the master plan.

As for buying out couriers...they do not need to really. If you have worked at FedEx any amount of time ...you have seen they have plenty of ways to harass and defame those that they choose as the target. Maybe they will buyout a few but I think they already started the process of making us uncomfortable. Just look at the gap reports, VIR audits, !00 percent on everything and 95 percent efficiency check rides on routes just to highlight a few. FedEx controls all these numbers and factors. All they have to do is add something to your route like more area or like... hey Buddie ....here's 2 FO ....drive past all your P1 to get these because I have started you late enough with a pile of freight in you truck you have no time to even van...so that it will take a miracle for you not to have a late which I will document or take area away from you so you cannot hit 95% because they need to give work the a brand new part time driver rather utilizing existing part timers or full timers who make more money. They can have corporate security follow you or they can follow you and make sure you see them. They can look at your VIR every day. They can make comments that are belittling about you in front of others while ignoring real issues in others. We have all seen it. Sure they have picked out those who they will keep for now but I am sure they have picked out those they will target when Memphis comes a calling after Christmas. It really is just a matter of common sense. Look around. We are like frogs being slowly cooked in a pot so that we do not jump out before we are done. And they do not get caught with their hand in the pot.

Congratulations...you understand. Now, if we could just get everyone else onboard. Fred and Friends have been planning this for years, and I think you are exactly correct in that they want it to look like "market forces" created the impending Ground switchover. While it's true that Express volumes have flattened-out, behind the scenes, the reality is that they are doing everything possible to sell and expand Ground, and just barely keeping Express on life-support. The big "detail" left out is that they have scripted this, prepared for it, and now they are beginning to carry it out.

It's all about profit per package and the low-cost ground scam. Fred is going to cash-in on his Golden Goose before the scam eventually gets shut down.

TUT

Congratulations...you understand. Now, if we could just get everyone else onboard.

Ok, I got everyone, now what Forest?

In the words of Dave Mustaine. "If there's a new way. I'd be the first in line. It better work this time." Guitar...