The power of gray.

Johney

They posted a bid for "Driver trainers" here so we have drivers training new hires. Been going on for about a month.I also see more seasonal drivers this year than I have in a long time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They posted a bid for "Driver trainers" here so we have drivers training new hires. Been going on for about a month.I also see more seasonal drivers this year than I have in a long time.
Here they have safety committee members training golf cart helpers and coding it out as safety.

The Milkman

This is nothing new. Where I work, they stopped requiring full-time supervisors to go driving probably 15 years ago.

I agree, it used to be a healthy idea to make a driver sup to have experience in the job he oversaw.

It never guaranteed any fairness, but it gives a supervisor an honest assessment of what the driver does on an everyday basis.

Unfortunately, that no longer exists.

Now, what we have, are management consultants, who act as prison guards.

They can carry out orders without question, but they will never understand the orders, or how those orders affect the employees being ordered.

The NEW UPS...Owned by the Stockholders and Managed by the Stockholders. Years ago people worked their way up....The ones calling the shots in Atlanta would not last a week in a pkg car or preload for that matter....:knockedout:

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I was talking about this just yesterday with one of our on road sups. he's not that far of retiring and was a 20 year driver before he went into management. I asked him as someone who at one time thought about going into management what was even the incentive anymore? they pay for their health care, they pay to be smokers, their spouses can't be on their insurance, and MIP is slowly disappearing.

he told me "honestly, I get more discretionary days than you get option days, and some days when its slow I get to go home at 3 o'clock."
He should be a driver at our center, we have FT drivers that barely get enough reports to qualify for vacation.

What the heck are they doin?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Out of 3 on cars we have 1 that was a driver for awhile. So far he's the only one to train a seasonal. My guess is he will do them all this year. He's also been known to text a few of us after being on road for weeks at a time and say " I'm doing union work someone please file" lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was talking about this just yesterday with one of our on road sups. he's not that far of retiring and was a 20 year driver before he went into management. I asked him as someone who at one time thought about going into management what was even the incentive anymore? they pay for their health care, they pay to be smokers, their spouses can't be on their insurance, and MIP is slowly disappearing. he told me "honestly, I get more discretionary days than you get option days, and some days when its slow I get to go home at 3 o'clock."

i get plenty of "discretionary" days. Call center I won't be in today. Click. Discretionary day approved.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
my last on car sup was just promoted from a pt twi sup,,center manager wanted me to train him,,I wanted to kill him!!
He had to comment "that's not in the book '" on almost every thing I showed him,,,I said hey its the real world, not Clarksville ...He didn't even know what Clarksville was ...lol

my last on car sup was just promoted from a pt twi sup,,center manager wanted me to train him,,I wanted to kill him!!
He had to comment "that's not in the book '" on almost every thing I showed him,,,I said hey its the real world, not Clarksville ...He didn't even know what Clarksville was ...lol

Dumb kid. Everybody knows to catch the last from there.