The pre-load

mikeny

Service Provider
Without knowing the context it's hard to say if this comment will be accurate, but you are a supervisor, so consider ... if everyone on the unload worked as fast as they possibly could ("all out", as you put it), every belt would have to be turned up just to move the volume and they would probably pop on a minute by minute basis. My point being, maybe not going all out is a good thing, every once in awhile? Slow and steady wins the race.

i've been working preload for over 3 years and not sure why everyone has negative things to say. i love working my shift over others, love my job too. i've worked midnight as well and wouldn't want to change. also where i work everyday the unloaders go all out, that's just the way the sup's have it. no problems here.

menotyou

bella amicizia
i've been working preload for over 3 years and not sure why everyone has negative things to say. i love working my shift over others, love my job too. i've worked midnight as well and wouldn't want to change. also where i work everyday the unloaders go all out, that's just the way the sup's have it. no problems here.

Aren't you a sorter? Do you load 5 trucks at the head of the belt, yes, belt? Don't bother shutting the belt off for over 70's. That's not working as directed. Stack if you can't hack it. Crawl on the moving belt, just don't admit that your sup suggested it. Don't get hurt, though! You can't even finish whatever disaster you started because the minute the drivers hit the belt, SCOOT! Don't stick around long enough to even give hints to where a bulk is in the truck. SCOOT!

Yeah, preload is grand!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
preload sort? that is easy as can be. Usually 4-6 belts at most. By far the easiest position in the operation in my eyes.

Last edited:

washington57

oh come on guys, how hard is it to load a damn truck? take the biggest boxes out of the cages first. sort your cages by truck. if possible carry multiple packages at a time.

don't be afraid to think how to do a better job. don't give me this pt supervisor giving you a hard time BS. stand up for yourself and do your job.

curiousbrain

oh come on guys, how hard is it to load a damn truck? take the biggest boxes out of the cages first. sort your cages by truck. if possible carry multiple packages at a time.

don't be afraid to think how to do a better job. don't give me this pt supervisor giving you a hard time BS. stand up for yourself and do your job.

Wow, you're right. I will be a better loader from now on - the only problem was I didn't want to do my job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow, you're right. I will be a better loader from now on - the only problem was I didn't want to do my job.

no the only problem is you didn't want to do your job well.

BB, I would definitely listen to whatever washington has to say. I know I do and I am a better driver and, dare I say, a better person for having done so.

(I have no problem being a giant butthole when the need arises)

Last edited:

washington57

i don't understand how most misloads happen or boxes in the wrong section entirely. sometimes pas is off..but not often. almost always human error.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i don't understand how most misloads happen or boxes in the wrong section entirely. sometimes pas is off..but not often. almost always human error.

Most misloads are human error.

My preloader loaded just over 1,000 pkgs yesterday (3 pkg cars) and had only 1 misload. I am not talking misloads within the car--those don't count. I am talking pkgs for another area loaded on the wrong car.

themidge

Where do you work that you can sort a cage by truck and have it not get jammed up on the next rev? At the beginning of my shift midnight has already stuffed my cages full. Let alone the 300+ pieces of next days for having major office buildings on my trucks