The Process after Driving School

UPSGUY72

what makes you come to that conclusion? I was told cover driver and that I'll be trained for 3 days

They don't hire 8 FT people off the street to drive at once there is a 6 to 1 inside to off the street hires. Being Oct and you saying there where 9 people in driving classes and all but one are off the street hires tells me your most likely where hires as a Temp/ Casual.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You guys think me going in tomorrow morning would be the best choice? dressed in uniform?
I would if I were you youngblood. Cant hurt. Valuable lesson in life son, always be first and don't wait for someone else to lead. Be your own true leader, don't always wait for others because you may be waiting around for a while. Totally not worth it dude. I don't wait around for people, I take the lead and if someone cant do the job right, they need to get the hell out of my freakin way cause the JUMPMEISTER is taking over the situation lol.

PT Car Washer

The worst that can happen is they send you home. Maybe they will give you the Center phone number and tell you to call first tomorrow. Make sure the Center has your number and that you are ready to work.

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
alright man I totally understand. It was me and 2 other ppl that were street hires for my area. I will go in there tomorrow dressed in uniform just in case.

PT Car Washer

At least you can get a feel for how incredibly disorganized everything is every morning. Preload going down late. This driver called in and who do we have that can cover his route. This driver has an 8 hour and the preload loaded him down. This route blew out with volume and how do we cover it. Extra Air stops today and how do we cover it. Sure you are ready for this?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
alright man I totally understand. It was me and 2 other ppl that were street hires for my area. I will go in there tomorrow dressed in uniform just in case.
The chances of working if you show up is slightly better than if you just call. Plus it shows you are eager to work. But don't be surprised if you get sent home a bunch of days...it's the game.

Jimmyb31

You guys think me going in tomorrow morning would be the best choice? dressed in uniform?

Yes. When I was training I showed up everyday ready to go. It was only then I would find out if I worked or not. I was off the street hire as well. They won't tell you if your working the next day or not. You just have to show up. Sounds crazy but that's normal here. Good luck and stay safe.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
The chances of working if you show up is slightly better than if you just call. Plus it shows you are eager to work. But don't be surprised if you get sent home a bunch of days...it's the game.
lol Yea your were right. I was sent home. I got the number to the center though and they took down mine....The Struggle...

PT Car Washer

I bet you will be working the Friday after Thanksgiving. Don't worry it is still real early in the game. Might ask if you can work preload or one of the sorts just to have some gas money.