The Process after Driving School

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I agree...HR still tells new hired PTers that they can go FT in a year....lmao. They love to lie now don't they?
liar 2.gif
yup lol

I'm one of them that quit my full time job of 11 years lol I even asked this is full time a couple times during my interviews and was told yes each time, they didn't mention anything about seasonal at all. I was a firm believer this was full time, expensive mistake, live and learn, maybe I can make this work !! Gotta start somewhere right?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I'm one of them that quit my full time job of 11 years lol I even asked this is full time a couple times during my interviews and was told yes each time, they didn't mention anything about seasonal at all. I was a firm believer this was full time, expensive mistake, live and learn, maybe I can make this work !! Gotta start somewhere right?
Full time year round is what you have to ask, you better pray to god you didn't screw yourself in a bad bad way dude for real.

I think it's too late to worry about screwing myself in a bad bad way! So far that was the easy part haha its my own stupidity orientation was out of town and I did have a hunch when 3 other people from my city showed up - however they all just reassured me too it was full time! Are full time seasonal employees in the union? They did tell me it was a unionozed pisotion

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I think it's too late to worry about screwing myself in a bad bad way! So far that was the easy part haha its my own stupidity orientation was out of town and I did have a hunch when 3 other people from my city showed up - however they all just reassured me too it was full time! Are full time seasonal employees in the union? They did tell me it was a unionozed pisotion
Im keeping my fingers crossed for ya dude, but dude you gotta do your homework thoroughly dogg before you take a different job after being at the other one for 11 years. Somebody else could answer your question about the union thing but I would say no since your only a seasonal employee. I hope you didn't lose medical benefits also by quitting that other job too.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yup thoses are gone too!! Now that's another thing they said i would get is benefits - thanks man for the hope! Right now I need it
You got big fatt kahunas son for doing that wow dude. Man I wish you the best dude. Lets pray to god they put you on fulltime after peak or in the spring. Im not going to throw a lot of negativity at ya like some of these other people about what will happen after peak, as you have already taken an extremely great risk with quitting your fulltime job. All I can say is good luck dude and I wish ya good luck cause your going to need it big boy. Ya never know dude, stay positive. Positive things happen to positive people dude.

UPSGUY72

Yes FT seasonal employees are in the union and pay union dues. IF you work in a union shop and are not in a RTW state you pay union dues.

UPS has 6 to 1 inside to out FT driver hire ratio meaning they have promote 6 inside people before they can hire one of the street to be a FT permanent employee.

As I said before you and the other three got hired a FT seasonal employees. Sometime before the the end of the second week in January you will be laid off. In some cases they will offer you a PT permanent job on the inside in most case they just let you go if you where a good worker they could call you back to work from Jun till the end of the year. However your not guaranteed work everyday in most case you will be working everyday but that not a guarantee.

You could end up getting a FT permanent position from the seasonal one but it could take years if your lucky.

Good luck when you start.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
DTB78, that's a good dude right there upsguy72. He wasn't negative just gave ya the facts and the truth. Theres some of your questions answered right there. Like I said its up in the air, stay positive and work hard and youll see what happens.

clean hairy

I was told it was Part Time and that Part timers make about 60,000$ a year...I did not quit any job for this though
Do the math.
PT starting rate $10 per hour. Figure 20 hrs week average.
Does $200 per week for 52 weeks really calcualte to 60g's?
Whoever told you that does not understand basic math.

LaUpser

I went into driving last peak season never had a lick of training. As soon as my coworker and I passed the class we were thrown on a truck and was sent on our way. and to this day still haven't had any formal training

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
D
I went into driving last peak season never had a lick of training. As soon as my coworker and I passed the class we were thrown on a truck and was sent on our way. and to this day still haven't had any formal training
Damn, that sounds a tad bit ridiculous. What was your schedule like after peak? did you qualify and get in the union?