The QVC/HSN Phenomenon

browniehound

Can you believe these women? Can you believe this addiction? I say its an addiction because I have never delivered just one QVC or HSN package to an odd house. NEVER!

Its always the same address getting multiple packages 4-5 days/week!

Its disturbing. If it was my wife I would classify it as a drug addiction. Spending money on crap you don't need EVERDAY sounds like an addiction to me.

I shocked at these women. I know I'm right. They are hooked on the TV sales person. These TV people could advertise a fresh pound of dog crap in a scratch and snif bag and it would be bought by every QVC queen on my route! LOL

UPSmeoff

Holy crap!!!!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing today.

I have no less than 5 houses on my route that almost daily get 2 to 3 pkgs a day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a few too that are everyday stops. I have one lady that I DRed three rugs too and they stayed unopened on her front porch for eight years. One day she had her garage door up and she had unopened boxes stacked to the ceiling there too. Finally she stopped getting stuff a couple of years ago. I have been fussed at by quite a few husbands who came to the door when I deliver it. One woman had QVC burned permanently into the corner of her projection TV. Yet another told me once that she would tape the show at night so she could see what she missed while she was sleeping. Some of these people go insane with this stuff.

probellringer

at least qvc changed that hideous yellow/red dhl color scheme to a more warmly earthly green /white packaging....and when you get to the door -THEY GOT THE FRIGIN CHANNEL ON!!!! keep ordering ...its easy money....as long as qvc doesnt start pumpin out 9 piece patio sets-im good....later

satellitedriver

It must be universal.
I deliver in a very rural area and my daily load (at a minimum) is 10% QVC.
Since I load my pkg car, I check EDD for certain daily QVC customers and when I see 10 to 20 pkgs for these stops, I start loading and pre-sheeting those Mylar slippery bags into DR bags.
It makes it easier to deliver and to keep them separate.
What really sucks is that I have 3 QVC freaks that live with in 1/4 mile from each other and they all buy the same things.
I have to pay special attention to the labels, instead of just grab and go.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of you who are interested in making some money off some of your regulars. Go to ****************** click on the free business starter mall and sign up. then give your mall number out to your customers and as they shop you and they make a small percentage of what they spend. Ive been doing this for about a year and Ive made a little. But my route is all business so I dont have as many shoppers. There are lots of stores on it that we deliver every day HSN,Old Navy,Gap, Office Depot, And about 1500 other stores check it out or not just wanted to put it out there and maybe I can make a little too. Oh yeah did I say its free

...and quite possibly a conflict of interest and a potential way to lose your job.

I have this one QVC customer who lives in a nursing home and is so lonely that she orders QVC and then sends it back the following day just so that she has someone that she can visit with, if only for a moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

chev

Nightcrawler
Back when I was in delivery, I had an elderly woman that had this addiction. We used to joke that she ordered this crap just so she could have someone to talk to when we delivered or had a call tag for her. I think she returned everything she ordered. :whiteflag:

No such person

Southern Ct.
I always liked the names on the packages. You see names like Henrietta, Beatrice, and Edith a lot more often on the QVC stuff. BTW, UPSmeoff, nice avatar.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
True story:

On a route I ran about 15 years ago, I had a very nice older woman that got 2 or 3 QVC packages every single day. I mean EVERY SINGLE DAY for over a year. All of a sudden, nothing. After about 3 days, I stopped and knocked on her door just to see if she was alright. She answered the door and asked why I was there as she hadn't ordered anything. After I explained my concern, she told me that she had run her QVC credit card up so high that she had to take a break.

probellringer

cosmo...i believe it...the sales crew at qvc is amazing-everything is a MUST have---i feel bad when i deliver the same product to the neighbor before the other--they want to be the 1st to get it...qvc is really preying on these people...when my mom starts ordering,im cutting out the cable---i want cash as my inheritance---...i mean i love watching infomercials-but i change the channel as soon as they say call now-wait theres more.....

Dagoof

Why would this be a conflict of interest? How is it any different than giving out any other website? Is it wrong to suggest a site to save customers money on the things they are all ready purchasing.

browniehound

What really sucks is that I have 3 QVC freaks that live with in 1/4 mile from each other and they all buy the same things.
I have to pay special attention to the labels, instead of just grab and go.

Satellite, I know where you are coming from. I have two on the same street one house apart. So 42 and 38 get QVC most days. Then I have another QVC house on the next street about 3-5 stops away.

Do you know how many times I have left the package car with the wrong QVC bag? It happens because they will recieve 6-10 packages at one time!

For example, 42 is getting 6 and 38 is getting 5. It happens all the time that I grab the wrong bag (even after reading the labels, lol) and have to step back up and then out of the package car unnecessarily. Its my own mistake but it still hurts.

satellitedriver

Why would this be a conflict of interest? How is it any different than giving out any other website? Is it wrong to suggest a site to save customers money on the things they are all ready purchasing.
Very simple.
The post was off topic and was a spam for a business site.
The rules in Brown Cafe are very simple.
Learn them.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Had one QVC queen on my route that got about a dozen pkgs one day, refuse a vacuum cleaner saying adamantly she already had one and didn't need another one. Then followed me out to the truck to say after I completed the stop, she changed her mind and it was all a mistake, she was sorry, yes she did need the vacuum after all........ but she really meant to refuse the luggage set instead. UUUGH!

wornoutupser

It is amazing how bad the buying addiction can become.
I have a customer on my run that has a house full of QVC boxes, floor to ceiling and stacked outside on the porch.
She doesnt even live there. Here husband does and he complains every day. She lives with her very elderly mother 100 miles away and rarely comes to her own house any more. Her husband told me that she hasnt been there for over a year but she keeps buying!