The Real Micheal Moore?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And thus mr. Global Goober has spoken..... he who has no life. That settles it... Its the worlds problem... Canada is here to save the day

We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss what Klein has to say on this subject. This goes way beyond Main St USA. The gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" has never been wider.

We had our local "Occupy Plattsburgh" general assembly yesterday. About 150 people representing all age groups and backgrounds were there. Speakers included people who participated in OWS. The attendees then broke down in to smaller groups to focus on a single issue, which included hyrdofracking, health care, keeping track of the media and community involvement. They then came together to march around the downtown area to raise awareness to their cause. They were peaceful and left the park as clean as when they first arrived.

Do I think that these demonstrations will bring substantive change? Unfortunately I do not but if awareness is raised and their issues are addressed then perhaps they can be termed a success.

moreluck

golden ticket member
See, that's the problem with Americans like yourself. You only think of America and the politics, nothing else.
This is a global uproar - it has not much to do with the USA !
It's about the corperate greed, and the middle class shrinking.
The gap that is getting so large between the poor, and middle class, compared to the rich.

Do you really think the CEO's of Oil companies are worth 300 or $400 Million per year ? Who pays for that ? We all do !
Even their board members earn over the $10 Million per year !

Housing bubble, has nothing to do with Canada or Europe - quite the opposite, housing prices are soo high, no oine can afford them, anymore.
Banks - they didn't need a single cent bail money here !

You need to think globally for a change - this is a global economy and Global trading !

You think those 50,000 people in Madrid are unhappy with US democrats ?
Or Canada unhappy with Obama, even though his approval rate here is sky high ? - Don't think so !

Canada did create this movement, and it sure wasn't meant to oust Obama, unlike you may think it should be !
You can mention all these 'so called' reasons for this minute minority of people standing around.....the REAL people of America are just going about their business (not doing it in the street) and they are just going to their job daily, or trying to, and shaking their collective heads at the idiots in the streets. The REAL people of America are raising their kids, attending school functions, paying their bills and falling into bed each night being tired from a good day's work. That's what REAL people do!!

You can mention all these 'so called' reasons for this minute minority of people standing around.....the REAL people of America are just going about their business (not doing it in the street) and they are just going to their job daily, or trying to, and shaking their collective heads at the idiots in the streets. The REAL people of America are raising their kids, attending school functions, paying their bills and falling into bed each night being tired from a good day's work. That's what REAL people do!!
According to what Upstate said, they are addressing real issues that effect their day to day lives, they don't sound like fake protesters that just want to be able to say they were part of a "movement" that disrupted life for everyone else and don't have a true stance on anything rational. To compare them with the OWS bunch may be a disservice to the group. If it is how he stated, these are real people that have real concerns.
The problem with the OWS bunch is that most of them have no idea why they are there, or so it seems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you were younger the American dream was a reality. You received a good education, married, bought a home, raised your children and are enjoying the fruits of your labor in retirement. The American dream is a fairy tale to our youth, taken away by greed and corruption.

According to what Upstate said, they are addressing real issues that effect their day to day lives, they don't sound like fake protesters that just want to be able to say they were part of a "movement" that disrupted life for everyone else and don't have a true stance on anything rational. To compare them with the OWS bunch may be a disservice to the group. If it is how he stated, these are real people that have real concerns.
The problem with the OWS bunch is that most of them have no idea why they are there, or so it seems.

ooops, sorry More, I misread and thought you were talking about Upstates post. my bad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When you were younger the American dream was a reality. You received a good education, married, bought a home, raised your children and are enjoying the fruits of your labor in retirement. The American dream is a fairy tale to our youth, taken away by greed and corruption.

Truth be known, it was taken away by video games and other technologies. Kids spend 10 hours in a game chair and become fat & lazy. Learning a trade went by the wayside and everybody thought they had to go to college. Who knows about plumbing anymore...or welding......or auto mechanics..........there's some pretty big money to be made in those professions and they don't involve paying back student loans..

klein

Für Meno :)

You, yourself are in a miniority group, because according to polls, the majority of US citizens actually support this group.
These aren;t just bums on the street. I have seen teachers on Wall Street, that were grading papers there after school.

The young, that just have finished school and or college, yet can't get a job (23% of those are without a job).

And by no means in this a minute group. It's much too big for that now.
I know they made a mess out of Rome, but over 200.000 people showed up there. I wouldn't really call that a miniority group, either.

When and how this movement ends and solves itself, no one can tell. But even if we see a slowdown during the winter, it will rise in the Spring, again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You, yourself are in a miniority group, because according to polls, the majority of US citizens actually support this group.
These aren;t just bums on the street. I have seen teachers on Wall Street, that were grading papers there after school.

The young, that just have finished school and or college, yet can't get a job (23% of those are without a job).

And by no means in this a minute group. It's much too big for that now.
I know they made a mess out of Rome, but over 200.000 people showed up there. I wouldn't really call that a miniority group, either.

When and how this movement ends and solves itself, no one can tell. But even if we see a slowdown during the winter, it will rise in the Spring, again.
I don't care about Rome & other countries.......but in the U.S., the people in the demonstrations are NOT the majority......There are 312,380,000 people in the U.S. Are you trying to say there are over 157 million people demonstrating ?????? Get a grip on reality!!

klein

Truth be known, it was taken away by video games and other technologies. Kids spend 10 hours in a game chair and become fat & lazy. Learning a trade went by the wayside and everybody thought they had to go to college. Who knows about plumbing anymore...or welding......or auto mechanics..........there's some pretty big money to be made in those professions and they don't involve paying back student loans..

A plumber, seriously ? Got to be 50% of those unemployed there. Who needs them when houses aren't being built ?
Have you ever called a plumber, even in boom times ? How long was the wait ?

Auto mechanic, well maybe, but it's not like the olden days where you can be a backyard mechanic... all those engines are computers now.... and you need sophisticated, expensive equiptment just to diagnose the problem. But even then. I sure have't heard of a shortage of them , either.

Welders ? Need manufacturing jobs to keep them employed. Go to the North East of the country, like Pittsburgh area..many welders there, and most of them unemployed.

Last edited:

klein

I don't care about Rome & other countries.......but in the U.S., the people in the demonstrations are NOT the majority......There are 312,380,000 people in the U.S. Are you trying to say there are over 157 million people demonstrating ?????? Get a grip on reality!!

Must be a fake number, just like the Tea party, they have over 2o% country wide support, but yet, they only came out by the few hundreds.
All bologne, huh ? Because, sofar I haven't seen 60 Millionen Tea Partiers in a rally, either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Must be a fake number, just like the Tea party, they have over 2o% country wide support, but yet, they only came out by the few hundreds.
All bologne, huh ? Because, sofar I haven't seen 60 Millionen Tea Partiers in a rally, either.
My mention was not of Tea Partiers.......YOU SAID majority supports OWS.............you toss around stuff like it's fact. The 312,380,000 is the real census number of people in US...Prove it that half the people in the US support the OWS!! You can't, so quit making claims you know nothing about.

klein

My mention was not of Tea Partiers.......YOU SAID majority supports OWS.............you toss around stuff like it's fact. The 312,380,000 is the real census number of people in US...Prove it that half the people in the US support the OWS!! You can't, so quit making claims you know nothing about.

Poll Shows 54 Percent Of Americans Have Favorable Views Of Protesters
Time Poll Finds That 54 Percent Of Public Has "Very Favorable" Or "Somewhat Favorable" Views Of Protesters. An October 9-10 poll published by Time magazine shows that 25 percent of those polled have a "very favorable" view and 29 percent had "somewhat favorable views" of the protesters "gathering on Wall Street in New York City and some other cities." A post about the poll on Time's blog Swampland stated:

A closer look at the poll's cross-tabs provides a fuller picture of the movement's diverse support. Occupy Wall Street enjoys majority backing among men (57%) and women (51%), young (60% of respondents 18 to 34) and old (51%). Self-identified Democrats, unsurprisingly, comprise the left-leaning movement's largest bloc, with 66% professing support. But more than half of independents (55%) harbor favorable views of the protesters, as do a third of Republicans.

Fox News poll accidentally shows support for Occupy Wall Street

AND then fox news blames it on the internet for the poll not representing fox viewer opinions ! :
Fox News Poll on Occupy Wall Street Backfires | The New York Observer

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Is OWS Really More Popular than the Tea Party?
October 13, 2011 4:51 P.M.​
By Brian Bolduc

On its website, Time magazine contends that Occupy Wall Street is more popular than the Tea Party. The blog post in question reads, “Twice as many respondents (54%) [to ‘TIME’s wide-ranging new poll’] have a favorable impression of the eclectic band massing in lower Manhattan’s Zuccotti Park than of the conservative movement that has, after two years, become a staple of the American political scene.”
But Time’s poll seems skewed. Read the question about

Tea Party:
Q8. ON ANOTHER ISSUE, IS YOUR OPINION OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT VERY FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE, VERY UNFAVORABLE, OR DON’T YOU KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE Tea Party TO HAVE AN OPINION?
VERY FAVORABLE 8%
SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 19%
SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 9%
VERY UNFAVORABLE 24%
DON’T KNOW ENOUGH 39%
NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 1%
Now read the question about Occupy Wall Street:
Q11. IN THE PAST FEW DAYS, A GROUP OF PROTESTORS HAS BEEN GATHERING ON WALL STREET IN NEW YORK CITY AND SOME OTHER CITIES TO PROTEST POLICIES WHICH THEY SAY FAVOR THE RICH, THE GOVERNMENT’S BANK BAILOUT, AND THE INFLUENCE OF MONEY IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM. IS YOUR OPINION OF THESE PROTESTS VERY FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE, VERY UNFAVORABLE, OR DON’T YOU KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE PROTESTS TO HAVE AN OPINION?
VERY FAVORABLE 25%
SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 29%
SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 10%
VERY UNFAVORABLE 13%
DON’T KNOW ENOUGH 23%
NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 1%
In the former, the poll asks respondents for their opinion without elaborating. What do you think of the Tea Party — whatever that term means to you? In the latter, however, the poll feeds them information. What do you think of protesters who oppose policies that they say favor the rich?
Time could have asked merely, “Is your opinion of Occupy Wall Street very favorable, somewhat favorable, etc.?” Or, in reference to the Tea Party, it could have asked, “Over the past two years, groups of protesters have been gathering in cities across the country to protest policies which they say waste taxpayers’ money, the administration’s health care bill, and the extent of government power in our lives. Is your opinion of these protests very favorable, somewhat favorable, etc.?”
I think it would have gotten a different answer.

Is OWS Really More Popular than the Tea Party? - By Brian Bolduc - The Corner - National Review Online

tourists24

more, I support the movement, but choose not to be an active participant. I think that you would find that there are many others like me (in that regard).
there is nothing wrong with having a movement. But what is the answer being produced by this movement other than bringing awareness to the elite widening a gap? If that is the sole purpose then more power to them, but what is the solution? What is supposed to be the answer to maybe fix this problem? Im not seeing anyone offering any answers. I have been to our local events to simply see if I could find an answer. I have found none, nor have I heard of any real discussions produced out of these "occupations". What does this movement want exactly? And what kind of solutions are being offered.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Wall Street protesters have amassed a $230,000 war chest and a warehouse full of supplies for their long-haul campaign.
And the money continues to pour in -- through online donations, money orders and about $1,000 a day dropped in a plastic jug and paint buckets in Zuccotti Park.
About $75,000 has been raised through the buckets in Zuccotti Park since the occupation began on Sept. 17, the New York Observer reported.
Activist Michael Moore kicked in $1,000 and an anonymous donor gave $5,000 to the cause, according to the paper.
Read more: Occupy Wall Street sits on war chest - NYPOST.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
Michael Moore Says Anti-Capitalism Occupy Wall Street Protests Have Inspired Him To Make Millions Of Dollars With New Film…

I’m assuming he can’t see the glaring hypocrisy in this.
FLINT, Michigan — Michael Moore’s investment of time with the Occupy Wall Street might end up paying off professionally for the Flint native.

The Huffington Post is the latest to report on the potential for a new film connected to the movement — with Moore at the helm.

“In a long interview with The Wrap, lefty filmmaker Michael Moore said Occupy Wall Street is the signal he’s been waiting for to start plans on a new movie,” the story says. “At the end of Moore’s last polemic/documentary, 2009’s ‘Capitalism: A Love Story,’ he concluded: “I’m tired of being alone and sticking my neck out, and I’m not gonna do this anymore. I’m not gonna make another documentary until I see other

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 @ 10:57 am | Lefty Behemoth Michael Moore: Obama’s First Term a “Disappointment”…

Racist!
DETROIT (WWJ) — Controversial Michigan filmmaker Michael Moore says President Barack Obama is not the person he campaigned for in 2008.

Speaking with Richard Bacon of the BBC, Moore described the President’s first term in office as “heart-breaking” and a “disappointment.”

“He did not come into office like I hoped that he would, to do what Franklin Roosevelt did in his first few months where he came in and said, you know, ‘I’m in charge, this is the way we’re doing things, if you don’t like it, throw me out of office,’” Moore said.

Moore said Obama’s spent the past three years “running the ball in the wrong direction” before making somewhat of a turnaround with a jobs bill and other economic plans.