The REAL picture

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just read this, and had to post the reality of working for one of the top 100 companies to work for:

2. Do you look good in brown? Consider jumping behind the wheel of a UPS delivery van. UPS makes about 18 million deliveries a day, and UPS drivers earn an average annual salary of$77,000. That’s $40,000 more than the average FedEx driver. Make it 25 years without an accident, and you can be inducted into the UPS Circle of Honor. Just beware of dog bites.

By Nezihe Soyalan 9 hours ago

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Typical Manager reactions to things like this might include....

1. You'll have to pay union dues!!

2. We're protecting you from Teamster thugs

3. Dues are $600 per week

4. UPS drivers do 1,000 stops per day

5. Never topping out will always provide you with something to look forward to.

6. FedEx couriers actually make more than UPS drivers

DontThrowPackages

NO way a brown driver gets 40,000 more than a purple driver. They would simply go out of business paying drivers that kind of money. And how obscene for anyone in America without a College degree making 77,000 dollars a year. Don't they know their place? Better sell your Brown stock but fast. I have a feeling that company won't be in business for any length of time. :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
NO way a brown driver gets 40,000 more than a purple driver. They would simply go out of business paying drivers that kind of money. And how obscene for anyone in America without a College degree making 77,000 dollars a year. Don't they know their place? Better sell your Brown stock but fast. I have a feeling that company won't be in business for any length of time. :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

You're kidding, right?

Has anyone heard the newest rumor that EggsPress will top you out at this next pay increase (Oct.) if you're 10 yrs. ?

Serf

....raises for couriers only? - not any of the other hourlies?
I know for the past 2 years Handlers (non DOT) and DOT, and Handler/shuttle drivers (DOT) were not given raises. But Shuttle Driver (DOT), couriers, CSA, RTD's ect. were. Blows my mind that a billion dollar company could not give a raise to ALL it's hourlies, even if it was just a mere 2%. Also, I have always been in agreement that if you manage to make it 10 yrs with FDX you should automatically just be at top pay.

dezguy

I know for the past 2 years Handlers (non DOT) and DOT, and Handler/shuttle drivers (DOT) were not given raises. But Shuttle Driver (DOT), couriers, CSA, RTD's ect. were. Blows my mind that a billion dollar company could not give a raise to ALL it's hourlies, even if it was just a mere 2%. Also, I have always been in agreement that if you manage to make it 10 yrs with FDX you should automatically just be at top pay.
While I see where you're coming from, 10 years is far too long to get to top wage. FedEx is the only multi national, multi billion dollar company that I know of that keeps their employees from ever getting to top wage. Even at 10 years, I can't think of anywhere I have experienced where it would take that long to hit a top wage.

Serf

While I see where you're coming from, 10 years is far too long to get to top wage. FedEx is the only multi national, multi billion dollar company that I know of that keeps their employees from ever getting to top wage. Even at 10 years, I can't think of anywhere I have experienced where it would take that long to hit a top wage.
Yep. Most companies this large, even some smaller have a 5 year progression. Oh well!:pirate:

It will be fine

I would believe it if by "top out" they mean your current wage is now top wage. No more progression, only mediocre increases for cost of living every couple of years.

hypo hanna

fedex needs those profits for the stock buyback program. The one that benefits upper mgmt at the institutional investors. You guys are only thinking of yourselves. You need to think of the big picture. (Snark)

DontThrowPackages

Yep. Most companies this large, even some smaller have a 5 year progression. Oh well!:pirate:
Exactly. Some companies call the time between starting pay and top pay, probation or Apprenticeship. What a company is really saying by not topping out an employee is that his/she isn't proficient enough on the job to be deemed worthy of topping out. So with that logic, a company wouldn't expect an employee to be on the same level, skill wise as the topped out worker so not a lot would be expected. But then again there are/is a company that expects an employee of 3 months to be on the same level as a 25 year employee regardless the massive pay imbalance. Crazy.

DontThrowPackages

fedex needs those profits for the stock buyback program. The one that benefits upper mgmt at the institutional investors. You guys are only thinking of yourselves. You need to think of the big picture. (Snark)
Wow, you're so right. The selfishness here is palpable. We should be thinking of that poor soul who needed to let go of the Helicopter pilot for his Summer Yacht. I mean what good is a summer yacht with a helipad no pilot to fly chopper? You need to be more like Joe the Plummer and think of ways to make yourself useful to people who wouldn't even stop to spit on a dog if it was on fire.