The religion of peace strikes again...

av8torntn

no the question is why wasn't this fixed when the problem first surfaced ? wasn't it in the first couple of years after 9-11 that all these heroes started getting sick ? who had control of congress then ? who was in the white house then ?

For the last four years the Dimocrats have controlled Congress. The wacko complaining that this bill was blocked by the Republicans is a Dimocrat. The Republicans cannot force the speaker to open debate on any bill or schedule a vote on a bill in the House. To blame Republicans for this bill getting voted down is stupid. The Dimocrats were afraid that the Republicans would try to attach an amendment to gut the health care bill. While they could have blocked the amendment they decided to bypass normal rules knowing this would get voted down. There is no possible way to blame the Republicans as much as you may wish. You guys should stop playing victim and if you want this bill passed then put pressure on the Dimocratic leadership. I myself think this is a bad bill so I wouldn't want it passed. The Dimocrats were more concerned with getting health care for illegal immigrants than for this group of Americans.

jimstud

Banned
The 108th Congress (2003–2005) saw the Senate return to a GOP majority of 51-49, as Republican President George W Bush had gained some popularity for his fight against Al QaedaThe 108th Congress (2003–2005) saw the Senate return to a GOP majority of 51-49 .
why didn't the republicans do something when everybody first started getting sick is my question ? it is a little late now that they are all either now terminal or dead.

av8torntn

The 108th Congress (2003–2005) saw the Senate return to a GOP majority of 51-49, as Republican President George W Bush had gained some popularity for his fight against Al QaedaThe 108th Congress (2003–2005) saw the Senate return to a GOP majority of 51-49 .
why didn't the republicans do something when everybody first started getting sick is my question ? it is a little late now that they are all either now terminal or dead.

51-49 in the Senate is not even close to what it would take to force a bill through. 60-40 in the Senate on the other hand you can get anything done that your party wants. You guys should really stop trying to play victim I believe the public is getting weary of all the victimhood and false outrage. Just think there are three Republican Senators that will vote with any moderate to left leaning bill that comes up for a vote. The Dims are unstoppable for a few more months. Been a long two years but with any luck it's coming to an end.

jimstud

Banned
Prosperity for everyone. Now misery for all.

it is not the dems that let big business run wild and screw things up. it was bush and his cronies that let enron and aig and all the other republican supported big business that put us in the mess we aew now in .

tieguy

Banned
it is not the dems that let big business run wild and screw things up. it was bush and his cronies that let enron and aig and all the other republican supported big business that put us in the mess we aew now in .

economy was great until the democrats took over congress.

jimstud

Banned
economy was great until the democrats took over congress.

you are really that foolish the economy was already in the dumper enron was alreadt tits up and the finincial market was right behind it and the dems, were not in yet . the economy is like a supertanker not a speedboat it does not turn on a dime.it takes years and years to screw things up as bad as they are now and that my friends is bush and the big business butholes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Very early in his presidency, B.O. did the TARP thing.....that is the exact moment he took over responsibility for the economy.....no more blaming Bush for him!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2007269,00.html
The Plight of Afghan Women: A Disturbing Picture

By Richard Stengel, Managing Editor

a_time_cover_0809.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
LAHORE: From January to June this year, 2,690 cases of violence against women were reported across Punjab, in which 2,909 women were targeted.
Former MPA Misbah Kaukab said violence against women was increasing rapidly. She said this while addressing a press conference organised by Aurat Foundation at the Lahore Press Club on Thursday. Joint Action Committee Convener Shahtaj Qizilbash, human rights activists Abdullah Malik, Nabeela Shaheen and Abid Ali were also present on the occasion.
Out of the 2,690 cases reported, there were 913 cases of abductions, 381 murders, 102 honour killings, 377 rape and gang rape and 166 cases of suicide.

diesel96

It is not even possible to blame any Republican for this bill not passing. The Dimocrats have a very large majority and have passed many bills without one single Republican vote. This bill got twelve Republican votes. This Congressman must be mentally ill. I know you guys are partisan but trying to blame a Republican for this failure is beyond absurd. If they took all the extra garbage out of this bill it would easily pass. If they used normal rules it would easily pass. You guys passed a healthcare bill already why didn't you include this? Your false outrage now is pitiful, sad, and pathetic. If you want this passed demand from your Dimocratic representatives that they remove the garbage from the bill and pass it. Please stop trying to be a victim of a weak Republican minority all the time. This shows the complete lack of leadership coming from the Dimocrats in power. They would prefer to kill babies and provide healthcare to illegal immigrants than the people wounded in the attack on this Country.

Amen brother!!!!

I am not sure what you are talking about but in this bill the Dimocrats used a procedure called suspension to block Republicans from offering amendments. They did this even though they knew it would cause the bill to be voted down. You guys on the left should stop playing victim and take responsibility for your own actions. In this world the Dimocrats have a large majority in the House and and cannot be blocked from passing a bill and also cannot have any amendments they offer blocked if they vote as a group. The Republicans could not stop this or any bill, or any amendments to this or any other bill if their lives depended on it. The question is still out there if the Dimocrats feel this is so important then why did they not attach this to their "comprehensive" health care plan that they just passed?

Total BS.

This is another proven stall tactic by the GOP. Add and debate Amendments until it's stall out. Are you dense? Look at what the GOP did the day of the Health Care Vote. Or the GOP throws in something wildly partisan that has nothing to do with 9/11 health care. No freakin' way.They would have voted "No", in the end. Their voting track record proves this. Look it up. We all have.
And then they would be foaming at the mouth over repeal, like they're currently doing with HCR.
America is quite fed up with the constant obstructionism from the GOP. This video is proof.
Shame on the GOP for not supporting our Heroes. There is no excuse for their deplorable behavior, and they will face the consequences in November. The GOP voted for spending billions of dollars on Health Care for Iraq (which wasn't paid for, by the way) but refused it for the heroes who faced the Largest Terrorist Attack on Home Soil.

That's going to make one fine campaign ad for any Dem.

Rep King (R) sponsored this bill.
It was his responsibility to gather GOP support. He failed and needs to be replaced by someone who can get the job done.
The GOP doesn't care about the heroes of 9/11. They've made that very clear. The victims can't wait for stall tactics and play politics for the midterms.

Very early in his presidency, B.O. did the TARP thing.....that is the exact moment he took over responsibility for the economy.....no more blaming Bush for him!

Moreluck...That was George's TARP thing .....after he signed the most expensive Rx bill known to man.... after he started 2 wars, one under false pretenses.... all this after cutting taxes for the rich exclusively so we can put everthing on one giant-ass credit card....

av8torntn

This is another proven stall tactic by the GOP. Add and debate Amendments until it's stall out. Are you dense? ...

Am I dense? I suppose that is relative. I will compare myself to you and say that no I am not dense. The Dimocrats have had a large majority in the House for two years now. They write the rules for every bill that comes up for a vote. It is impossible for the Republicans to "stall" something for two years given their small numbers. One would need to have a serious lack of mental ability to think otherwise. If the Dimocrats wanted to "provide health care" to city workers they could have easily included it in their "comprehensive" health care bill that has been signed into law.That Congressman made a fool of himself and now the entire nation knows it. If he wasn't so pitiful he would be entertaining.

I know it is impossible for you to understand but if the Dimocrats wanted this bill passed not only did they not need one single vote from a Republican there would be nothing any Republican congressman could have done to stop it. You may want to learn how a bill is moved through the US House before you try to be a victim and blame a Republican for the failures of your parties leadership. Since the speaker gets to set the amount of time for debate and also the number of amendments that can be offered your argument is almost as dense as the Congressman in the video.

If this is so important to you guys why was it not included in the previous health care bill? They found time to include many things not related to health care. They now want to act as if they somehow care for these people. This is some weak, pitiful stunt and an act of desperation by the Dimocrats to hold onto power they are losing.

av8torntn

Shame on the GOP for not supporting our Heroes. ..

I do find this funny coming from you of all people as you have cried on here multiple times about the GOP spending to much money on our heroes. Another sad, weak, pitiful, contradictory standard you have.

av8torntn

Oh yes I forgot blame it on Bush when you have no facts on your side.