The Rest of the Story...... ???

Camping Nana

I'd really be interested to know the rest of this story. If delivery records indicate it WAS left at the incorrect address, would UPS really ask the consignee to file a police report? I've never heard of that being the case.

Glendale mom and deaf daughter upset with UPS | azfamily.com Phoenix

It may not be all the story but the " boo hoo , poor ( fill in the blank ) " twist on the story is standard operating procedure for those types of "editorial" reporting.

Indecisi0n

UPS asked for a police report because the item was expensive or because they have had issues in the past with this person/place. Just my opinion.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Technically, the news reporter had it all wrong. The shipper of the unit (Nabi) is the one responsible for making the claim. Since the driver screwed up and left the package at the wrong house, the shipper (Nabi) is the one to receive insurance from UPS. The fool reporter made them out to be the good guy hero's, when in reality, UPS most likely cut them a check already for the missing unit.

​As for the police report, yes, I have seen that in high claims cases. Not often, but sometimes, things suddenly "are found" when a police report gets involved.

Last edited:

HubBub

How does the reporter know that the label was addressed properly to begin with? If the wrong address was in the e-mail, I assume the wrong address was on the label. If it was hand-written, it probably wasn't written legibly. And was does the little deaf girl have to do with anything whatsoever? This article generally makes me want to vomit or break something.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe a police report because the person at the wrong address kept (stole) the package. And the poor little girl sob story was irrelevant and just reporter trying to create a scandal. Sad situation but very distorted reporting.

Usually the reporters in such columns are the very newest to the company and essentially get them tossed in their lap to get expieriance. You can go from paper to paper and they're all cookie cutters in their methods.

Ouch

How does the reporter know that the label was addressed properly to begin with? If the wrong address was in the e-mail, I assume the wrong address was on the label. If it was hand-written, it probably wasn't written legibly. And was does the little deaf girl have to do with anything whatsoever? This article generally makes me want to vomit or break something.
People are always quick to blame the ups driver. I've picked up so many boxes that were supposedly missed delivered, picked the box up and there it is, right on the label, addresses match the house, the shipper got it wrong. Then somehow its not that big of a deal anymore. If they can't blame you its not fun anymore.

Camping Nana

I agree with most everything that has been said. It fries my gizzard that UPS was made out to be the bad guy. However, this news "reporter" is not new. He's been doing this type of reporting for many years and I was a little surprised at his take on this one.

over9five

Staff member
I agree with most everything that has been said. It fries my gizzard that UPS was made out to be the bad guy. However, this news "reporter" is not new. He's been doing this type of reporting for many years and I was a little surprised at his take on this one.

​Will you write him and express your view?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yet another driving screwing up and costing the great company money. Today when I go to work, I'm going to apologize to every supervisor and manager for this shameful act this driver brought upon us hourlies.

QKRSTKR

I once had a message to go pick up a mis delivery from day before. Couldn't even remember having a delivery at this house. Go there anyway and sure enough, post office package. Idiots.

Camping Nana

I came here to post that I had done just that and saw your post. :happy-very:

Yes, I sent an e-mail this morning. If and when I get a response, I will let you know his reaction.

I received an "auto response" e-mail stating that they get so many e-mails and letters that they cannot respond to each individual one. IF they determine my letter deserves more attention, they will be contacting me personally - so we shall see.

I also sent the same e-mail to the station manager.

C

chuchu

The next story will feature their trip to the emergency room bcuz FedEx left the pkg right in front of the door and the little girl tripped and fell over it when she let the cat out at night. ( Delivered 3 days late).

Last edited by a moderator:

OptimusPrime

"UPS even lists the date, time and address of the delivery. However, when looking at the UPS email, they clearly document the wrong numerical address." Company that makes this crappy tablet sends it to the wrong address, and we are the bad guys. Oh, and they are sending it Fedex. Good luck with that. It will be some scab outfit in a white van with some magnets on the side. "Numero Uno Shipping" or some crap.

oldngray

nowhere special
It could have been a bad address correction by a UPS clerk. If it was corrected the driver shouldn't DR without verifying the address is correct though.Many many mistakes are made on address corrections.