The Results Are In

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JackStraw, Feb 5, 2014.

1. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

The new 8's are awesome in the snow. Anti-lock brakes, drifting around corners, 180's on cul-de-sacs. Forgot how much fun it is to drive with rear wheel drive. Giddyup!

2. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

What were you driving at UPS that didn't have rear wheel drive before?

3. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

I had a P7. As everyone knows, they were(and still are I'd imagine) worthless in the snow. I'd get stuck in a parking lot.

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Old P7, new P7, they all get stuck on a thought. Wet snow is horrible to drive in. I got stuck at a stop sign last year. Had to get out my mats and traction strips, got out and drove back to the center. If I was getting stuck every time I came to a stop, there was no way I was going to stay out while it was still snowing an inch an hour.

5. rod

rod retired and happy

To go from a P7 to a P8 is not a good thing. That will mean nothing but more work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Here's a question. When the new PC's get traction and stability control (possibly with yaw sensors like my pickup has), will that all be wired into telematics?

No more fun!

7. rod

rod retired and happy

Spinning donuts and doing some drifting around corners was a good way to break up a boring day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I had a Ford P-500 that was the best.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I got quite a few odd looks going around cul de sacs today ;).

10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

The new 800's are a PITA to load...the cargo area's narrower. Actually, the whole truck is narrower..so you can't fit as much crap...the step up is closer to the rear bumper so I'll trip 25x because I'm used to it being further in the truck. I'll take an old 1000 any day.

11. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

You say that like it's a bad thing.

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

As were burnouts..........allegedly.

13. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Old 800's where tanks in the snow....you could also drive them through churches and schools withe minimal drag.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Had a breakdown yesterday, ended up in an old manual trans/hi step/ no power steering P800 in 6+ inches of fresh snow. Those are the best trucks we have for deep snow conditions, too bad they are the worst truck to drive at any other time.

15. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

They also have the 153xxx and 157xxx which(1000's)have the same GM engine in them.

16. I agree the best decision UPS has made in a long time was to buy those

17. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

F350 4 wheel drives do pretty good in the snow.

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

It is when I have to stack an 80 lber down the middle of your 800 because it was 2 inch too long to fit in the smaller cargo area.

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's all about the tires. My 4 wheel drive is out but my trail grapplers make quick work of about anything under 10 inches.

20. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

[
    quote="JackStraw, post: 1270508, member: 44919"]I had a P7. As everyone knows, they were(and still are I'd imagine) worthless in the snow. I'd get stuck in a parking lot.[/quote

Amem brother! I had to dig out today-35 mins! Chains bailed out my rear!