The Results Are In

Cementups

Box Monkey
F350 4 wheel drives do pretty good in the snow.

I've never driven war you speak of but I can tell you that my Honda Pilot is a dream in the snow and ice. Great grip and traction. But as BS688 said, it's all about tires. The stock tires were just ok. The Michelins I put on are phenomenal!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Spinning donuts and doing some drifting around corners was a good way to break up a boring day.

The P7 I had on my old route was fantastic for this. It's still on that route too but I doubt the new driver has near as much as I did in it. It's the kind with the slider back door and the single rear wheels.

I was doing donuts in a cul-de-sac one night before pulling up to the curb of my next residential pickup. I was having so much fun that I didn't even think about anyone seeing me. So after a few loops in the fresh powder I pull up to the curb, get out and walk up to the door and the customer comes out and says, "having fun out there?" I was like, "oh ship!! You saw that?!?!" He said he was mostly just impressed a UPS truck could actually do that. We laughed it off and said our see ya tomorrows.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The worst UPS vehicle by far was/are the Freightliner Sprinters.
Air drivers didn't even want to use them !!!

I have a newer P8 and agree it is a great ride.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The worst UPS vehicle by far was/are the Freightliner Sprinters.
Air drivers didn't even want to use them !!!

I have a newer P8 and agree it is a great ride.

I had one of those Sprinters but with the box on the back. It could be some good fun once you got the hang of it.

rod

Retired 22 years
They used to supply us with a bag or two of chicken grit to throw under the tires if we got stuck. That stuff works great and it only took a few seconds to throw a couple scoop of it down. The feeders used to be equipped with a sanding device that was controlled by the driver from inside the cab. Flip a switch and it would lay down a stream of sand or grit in front of the duals.