The Reward For Working Harder Than Everyone Else!

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
Nothing personal, but I will stay up here in the middle of nowhere.

BTW, for all of the New York BC members, "upstate" NY is not Poughkepsie, Binghampton, Syracuse or even Albany. Upstate is Plattsburgh, Potsdam, Massena and Lake Placid. What Spitzer called Appalachia.

You mean there is more to New York than just the city?

The Texas State Constitution gives Texans the right to keep and bare arms as well as the US Bill of Rights. Most of the guns laws that have been passed in the last 20 years are actually unconstitutional.

I know this will come across wrong, but I have to ask any ways.

If you are outworking the other guy 3 trailers to 1, what exactly are you looking for? A pay raise? A management position? Are you wanting to stand around after unloading 1 trailer until the "slacker" catches up to your pace? Do you really think management will let you stand there doing nothing? I'm just curious.

You've shown them that you want to work harder than the others, so in a way, really, I guess they're just helping you out.

As long as you are willing to be abused, they will abuse you. It's your choice in how much abuse you are willing to take.

You're assuming the other guy works at a normal pace, when you should be assuming he's a slacker, which is most often the case. So I don't think ButBenefitsAreGreat should have to slow his probably normal pace down to match that of his lazy co-workers. If I'm wrong you can call me names. :(

H

hseofpayne

You're assuming the other guy works at a normal pace, when you should be assuming he's a slacker, which is most often the case. So I don't think ButBenefitsAreGreat should have to slow his probably normal pace down to match that of his lazy co-workers. If I'm wrong you can call me names. :(

names!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Jealousy is sucha funny thing. Every one looking around at what every body else looks like, is driving, lives in, does for a living. Jealous people are some of the most miserable in the world, as it is never satisfied. Ever.

And when we dont, we feel like something is wrong. We are the ones out of step with reality.

Why do you really care what your coworker is doing. Are you training to become a sup? If not, then its none of your business.

Personally, I always do the best job a personally can, each day every day. Sometimes I would blow the numbers out the door, other times they would stink. But I always gave it my best. And with it comes a feeling of self pride that very few others understand.

As for being a yes guy and accepting work from others, a totally different subject. If you dont mind being the LDI every night, go for it. You will get more work than you can deliver every day. And after a while, it will not be extra work, it will become part of your route. And that means a lot more over time each and every day, without the ability to get in.

Something I did not mind doing, but it does get old after a while. Especially if you try to have a life outside of UPS.

That being said, it is funny how you can take a 9 hour day for a driver, take work off, and it still is a 9 hour day. Take off two more hours, and the driver still takes 8.98 hours to deliver it. So why should they cut in routes and put more people out on road if that is the return on their decisions?

So do your job, to the best of your ability each and every day, no matter who is watching, and what the others are doing.

d

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
HAHAHAH:happy-very::funny:HAHAHA

That is classic!!!! It is so true...

We had a guy knock out three feeders in 45 minutes... Two sorters for one unloader... They gave him a t shirt....

LMAO!

The center manager was so excited that she ran out and bought prepaid cell-phones as recognition awards....lol. The loaders thought it was a scam, to make them more accessible!! so they chose the T-Shirt instead.... LOL :laughing:

Mike Hawk

HAHAHAH:happy-very::funny:HAHAHA

That is classic!!!! It is so true...

We had a guy knock out three feeders in 45 minutes... Two sorters for one unloader... They gave him a t shirt....
We had 2 guys do 2 trailers in 55 minutes, they got Gatorade. Apparently that was a record of some sort.

Brownnblue

I would have to say then your supervisor or management is "using you". If you truly aren;t getiing nothing out of it..why do you do it? If you don't like it, why have you allowed yourself to become that "go to" person? Just out of curiousity.

I can say I have what I call my "go to" loaders. I go to these folks not because I choose to work them harder but more because I know I can count on them. These people usually take pride in their work as well, so I know the end result is going to be fabulous!

I will also say that when and if that person requires something from me I will certainly try to go out of my way to accomodate them as well. One hand washes the other. I appreciate the work they do and I tell them that. I also talk to them to make sure they are not getting burned out. If they are (and I can tell), I will certainly give them a break.

I do try to try at least two or three people in the areas that we require most on the belt... so that I don't have to burn any one single person out.

My loaders will do just about anything for me...but I also make sure they know that I appreciate and respect them for the work they do for me.

Oh one more thing...I try to bring my loaders bagels, donuts, juice, coffee every so often....

I think you answered your question for me. center manager knows that when I get extra work it will be done with a high degree of quality; safely and with no residual problems like complaints or tracers. Since I have to "work as directed", I can't refuse and save my body and get home at a relatively decent hour. What do I get for respect? center manager running into the men's room telling me to urinate on my time, not the company's time.

If you are sincere in your post about giving respect to your go to guys, cutting them slack when possible, and spreading out the extra work, then I applaud you. I'd also appreciate juice and bagels every once in a while, to be perfectly honest.

From my perspective, however, I don't see this where I am. (or where I've been)