The Runner Gunner Lunch Skippers are HATING the new DOT lunch rule

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Do you mean that the DOT will do inspections or that UPS will get drivers not putting the time in their boards? I've heard some of the runners in my center say that they will put the 30 min lunch in their boards but that doesn't mean they have to take it. The company doesn't care because the lunch shows up on their report, so everything is good in their eyes.
that's very very very wrong. teh DOT will audit both the electronic timecards as well as well as the Telematics reports to see if the driver was being truthful. I dont understand why people cant see what a BIG deal this is: if you are caught violating a DOT rule the union cant do much for you,and as the company will have to be a HEFTY fine there will be little to no reason to look for reasons to terminate the driver(and most runner gunners will make that VERY easy for them!)

This argument about sorting during lunch is absurd. MUCH more attention needs to be paid to showing a clear 30 minutes break on the Telematics report by the 8th hour

NI1

Whats this new 'law/rule' about?..... For 20 years now I have been taking my breaks and lunch on time. Not gonna change now hehehe

iruhnman630

I honestly don't see the dot ever auditing package time cards except as part of an accident investigation involving possible fatigue.

U

uber

I'm not saying mgmt approves of it, but sorting is the only thing invisible to telematics. They can't claim ignorance if they have reports that show every second we are using the diad or moving the truck.

They got telematics on the cardboard to check if you've been sorting during your lunch. You mean you haven't heard about this?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I honestly don't see the dot ever auditing package time cards except as part of an accident investigation involving possible fatigue.

...and how long do you think it will be before this happens?

P.S. Dont forget about the lawyers who will supena those records in the case of an accident.

Indecisi0n

that's very very very wrong. teh DOT will audit both the electronic timecards as well as well as the Telematics reports to see if the driver was being truthful. I dont understand why people cant see what a BIG deal this is: if you are caught violating a DOT rule the union cant do much for you,and as the company will have to be a HEFTY fine there will be little to no reason to look for reasons to terminate the driver(and most runner gunners will make that VERY easy for them!)

This argument about sorting during lunch is absurd. MUCH more attention needs to be paid to showing a clear 30 minutes break on the Telematics report by the 8th hour

728 Let them think its not big deal. It just bumps me up on the seniority list when they get fired.