The runners cause all the problems at ups

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Seems every problem relative to drivers on this forum is due to runners.. over-dispatching ,,horrible loops, ridiculous production standards,over supervision,underfunded retirement, all injuries,, on and on. There would be zero supervision and production standards if there were no underallowed drivers.. Welcome to the teamsters and browncafe

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The runners cause all the propblems at ups

Lol hardly what most of us think. However if everyone took break from 12-1 worked 100% by the methods and filed 9.5 grievances I truly believe it could be a different place to work.

With that said runners keep on running your making the company big bucks and padding my wallet.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Re: The runners cause all the propblems at ups

With that said runners keep on running your making the company big bucks and padding my wallet.

So, if all the runners were fired, the Co would go bankrupt and your wallet would be skinny

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After some thought I take that back. In the long run runners probably cost the company as much in comp and accidents as they make them.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Is this why all companies are trying to squeeze blood from turnips, because of "runners" in their companies? This is a problem with society, how people are being overworked and not appreciated. At least at UPS-with the Teamsters' protection-it's not as easy to "work someone to death and throw them away." But in many, if not most big corporations "the little people" deal with the issues you spwak of in some form.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Management loves the runners. They give them their bonuses. The biggest whiners. Excuse for everything as to why they have to get done. Yes in the long run cause for most accidents and injuries.

BrownArmy

I miss Rocketman as well.

Rocket, where you at?

As far as this thread goes, I take my whole lunch: I read the paper, I call my wife, I read a magazine, I eat lunch, sometimes I take a short nap in the 2000 section (gotta love those LLBean green packages...is it a shirt? is it pants? I don't know, now it's a pillow).

I drive cover and I'm a methods man: handrail, excellent park positions, intelligent rearrangement and execution of the idiot dispatch of the day, no packages in the cab, appropriate DR's, I'll rearrange the route to deliver that school/church/business-in-a-house that always gets into the 8000 section...

Sometimes the driver of a route I cover will come to me and say, "stop killing my route, you're making me look bad" or something similar. Makes me wonder what that driver does all day.

Dude, the only one making you look bad is you. I'm just more organized than you are.

Now, the RUNNERS... even I have a problem with some of these guys:

Why am I re-delivering a BASIC package?

Why is this business/school/church sheeted NI 1 etc...?

I know that you know that this address is correct...that wasn't a legit exception package.

Piss bottles...people please, we're in one of the most densely populated areas in the ENTIRE WORLD, and you can't find a bathroom? (at least take your piss bottle with you, jackazz).

P.S.IF I CAN'T SPORT A GOATEE IN THE NEXT CONTRACT I'M MOS-DEF STRIKING...

(lulz).