The "S" Does Still Stand For "Service"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did the little guys win the game in their new uniforms ??

This was one jersey and it wasn't for a little guy. It was a special order, 3XL shirt and 2XL pants.

Upstate, did ya think this thread would get a hundred replies????
No, I really didn't, but I have enjoyed the discussion. I have learned a lot about some of the members here and where their priorities lie.

So whats the name of that Sup? I will need it for my grievance!!

Feel free to use my name.

I think this thread has run it's course and should be locked. Dave.

menotyou

bella amicizia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is too good!! Well, I am glad your friends won, Dave. That is too funny. Thanks, I am laughing my butt off right now.!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The package was delivered to an alternate location but was entered in to the DIAD with the address on the package with "South Acres" put in remarks column. "South Acres" is the name of the baseball field. Alternate deliveries do need a signature. Any center manager who would give an hourly a warning letter for taking care of the customer is not one that I would want to work with.

As she should. Let me give you a little background on the sup. She works at a local ARC in addition to being a UPS PT sup. She had worked the previous night (8-10 hours) and then came in to run the Saturday air operation. Usually by the time the Sat driver punches out she is ready to go home and go to bed yet she took it upon herself to drive 10 minutes out of her way to take care of this customer. She could have just as easily blew this guy off and let the FT driver run if off this morning and would have been well within her rights to do so.
Upstate, do you really think that because she does any of this, outside of work, it counts? I'm a great Dad, or so I've been told, does that give me a "Get out of warning letter/suspension card"?
Those 'OSA' saturday packages come to our center every week. EVERY WEEK A CUSTOMER SOMEWHERE IN THE 1360 ZIPCODE PAYS FOR A SERVICE THEY DON'T GET. That isn't an hourly not providing service. That is UPS DENYING SERVICE. We would be written up for that. They get away with it. The great computer geek in Atlanta allows this every week. Why?
Isn't that theft of service?
Good point!

I do tend to do that at times. And, I wasn't referring to you as the person in Atlanta. But, it does occur every week. I live in one of those 'osa' areas. If I order a package from Victoria Secret and request Saturday delivery, they will oblige. I will not get the package until Monday. I have paid for a service that I did not receive. How does that occur? Why isn't my zip(13650) programmed in somewhere, to automatically stop this? QVC, for instance, doesn't offer Saturday delivery , at all(as far as I know, and I shop there A LOT). There is an ice cream shop in Ohio that ships ice cream NDA, even on Saturday. I would and have delivered this to OSA areas as I recognize the package is in a cooler and is perishable. My co-workers, who would blindly drink the Jim Jones Kool-aid, would NOT deliver this as they have been directed to not deliver OSA packages. So, again I say, why are these OSA packages even allowed to be shipped? How do they get through that million dollar system in Louisville?
WOW, did I just find out a ton about YOU, and I'm liking it all, lol, except the part where I drank that damned Kool-Aid.:wink2:

if working for ups is this bad for most of you,, quit,, go find your perfect job elsewhere
But, but, this is the perfect job!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is too good!! Well, I am glad your friends won, Dave. That is too funny. Thanks, I am laughing my butt off right now.!!!
That's a sight I'd like to see, lol, you crack me up!

I certainly hope this thread doesn't get locked. I'm loving all the feedback, from all sides.

CharleyHustle

I live in one of those 'osa' areas. If I order a package from Victoria Secret and request Saturday delivery, they will oblige. I will not get the package until Monday. I have paid for a service that I did not receive. How does that occur? Why isn't my zip(13650) programmed in somewhere, to automatically stop this? QVC, for instance, doesn't offer Saturday delivery , at all(as far as I know, and I shop there A LOT). There is an ice cream shop in Ohio that ships ice cream NDA, even on Saturday. I would and have delivered this to OSA areas as I recognize the package is in a cooler and is perishable. My co-workers, who would blindly drink the Jim Jones Kool-aid, would NOT deliver this as they have been directed to not deliver OSA packages. So, again I say, why are these OSA packages even allowed to be shipped? How do they get through that million dollar system in Louisville?

I'm not a customer service expert, but I think we now bill only after delivery. If you ship a next day air with a 10:30 commit, and it gets delivered at 10:45, the shipper doesn't get a free delivery but they now pay the "saver" rate. So, if you order from VS for Saturday delivery and it gets delivered on monday because we don't service your area on Saturday, VS only gets the Monday next day air charge. If you paid extra for Saturday and didn't get it VS has your money and should be willing to credit you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
But, as a consumer, wouldn't it annoy you that you are allowed to place an order for Sat. Delivery, yet, you don't get it til Monday. What if I have a special nite planned for Saturday and my VS delivery is the 'icing on the cake'? Who cares if I don't get charged for the Sat. Delivery? Basically, UPS is deciding at the last minute that my money means nothing.

I would be VERY ANNOYED.

CharleyHustle

So, is that what you say to the customers you deliver to? And, people wonder why UPS' share of the market is dwindling.

Try FedEx, the USPS, I don't think it'l get much better. You may need to smell some coffee. UPS, FedEx, USPS are extremly large corporations that for the most part DEPEND on their customers knowing what the heck is going on. I mean, you WORK here, and know that you live outside the Saturday delivery area, yet you still waited till after the last minute to order. VS gladly took your money and now your "special nite" is ruined. Let me guess, if your supervisor violated the contract and delivered your undies on Saturday, what would the excuse be then, I have a headache?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Try FedEx, the USPS, I don't think it'l get much better. You may need to smell some coffee. UPS, FedEx, USPS are extremly large corporations that for the most part DEPEND on their customers knowing what the heck is going on. I mean, you WORK here, and know that you live outside the Saturday delivery area, yet you still waited till after the last minute to order. VS gladly took your money and now your "special nite" is ruined. Let me guess, if your supervisor violated the contract and delivered your undies on Saturday, what would the excuse be then, I have a headache?

You, apparently, don't read well. I was making an EXAMPLE. A 'What if?' shall we say. If I wanted a Sat. Delivery from VS, I would have it delivered to the building and maybe, just maybe, model it for a lucky supervisor and some very happy drivers.

As for headaches? What are those?:winks:

iowa boy

But, as a consumer, wouldn't it annoy you that you are allowed to place an order for Sat. Delivery, yet, you don't get it til Monday. What if I have a special nite planned for Saturday and my VS delivery is the 'icing on the cake'? Who cares if I don't get charged for the Sat. Delivery? Basically, UPS is deciding at the last minute that my money means nothing.

I would be VERY ANNOYED.

Remember ME, at UPS, you mean nothing to the company, so why should your money? As long as the stockholders are happy.....
How come my wife's VS orders contain Flannel Pajamas?

I am not alone.:woohoo: My wife actually has a pair of adult sized footy pajamas that she will wear when its really cold out. How's that for romantic?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I would be VERY ANNOYED.

Kool-Aid isn't good for that sleek runner's body of yours!!:wink2:
WOW!!!

You, apparently, don't read well. I was making an EXAMPLE. A 'What if?' shall we say. If I wanted a Sat. Delivery from VS, I would have it delivered to the building and maybe, just maybe, model it for a lucky supervisor and some very happy drivers.

As for headaches? What are those?:winks:
I'm a single, lonely man, in a house all by myself. Please stop with the "examples", already. Cake, and Kool-Aid, yum!

What's this thread about, again?