The "S" Does Still Stand For "Service"

satellitedriver

Today at work, while baking away in the building - I came up with...
Understaffed Parcel Sauna

;p
That is a good one.
When people ask me if my "truck" has air conditioning, I tell them it is just a brown aluminum box that soaks up the sunshine and road heat.
I get the best laughs when I tell them my pet name for my car is "Shake and Bake", just an oven on wheels.
Then they ask if I have a heater and I tell them yes and that it works all year round.
I really feel for all you folks in the North East. 100 degree heat is a very serious condition to deal with if one is not acclimated and prepared.
Super hydrate, drink water before you start work.
Drink water all day long, even if you are not thirsty.
-(sorry to be gross, but if you are not peeing thru out the day you are dehydrated)-
I might start a thread and tell what measures I do to deal and prepare for the heat.

That is a good one.
When people ask me if my "truck" has air conditioning, I tell them it is just a brown aluminum box that soaks up the sunshine and road heat.
I get the best laughs when I tell them my pet name for my car is "Shake and Bake", just an oven on wheels.
Then they ask if I have a heater and I tell them yes and that it works all year round.
I really feel for all you folks in the North East. 100 degree heat is a very serious condition to deal with if one is not acclimated and prepared.
Super hydrate, drink water before you start work.
Drink water all day long, even if you are not thirsty.
-(sorry to be gross, but if you are not peeing thru out the day you are dehydrated)-
I might start a thread and tell what measures I do to deal and prepare for the heat.

This thread sounds like a great idea.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You owe it to yourself to watch the tribute tape on Keith Basinski on the front of the B.C. . Thank you Cheryl for posting this clip. It shows that 'service' is still around!!

Keith must have been a real nice guy!!

Last edited:
U

uber

Gosh, that story by Upstate gave me goosebumps...

:peaceful:

Since when do Little League teams have General Managers?

balland chain

My personal opinion only guys, the S in UPS should be taken out. Service is no longer paramount, the earrings are... Corporate should look at that video made to honor our brother in brown.. We drivers, in some instances, are why customerS CHOOSE TO USE UPS. We impact the ones we deliver to in a way that I dont think Corporate realizes. RIP brother...