The Scam Is Starting To Unravel

bbsam

Staff member
If they want you to work on Sunday they can always make it a service day. They have option to define those however they want at any time with written notice. I'll take the cash.
I'm sure they would have you believe that. I'm also sure that if it were that simple, they wouldn't have bothered with schedule K. You can have the money. I doubt you'll get to keep it.

soc151

Driver retention bonus? Lol. Sammy and soc want cake and a fork to eat it too. That would cement your "independent business" as nothing more than a supervisory role. Where in the industry does the "customer" pay the "contractor" extra for retaining drivers? It's your "business" to come up with other streams of revenue to pay your "employees" like having extra customers. Oh yeah, your one and only "customer" won't let you with the contract they "control" you with. You guys need to be sharper, like Sweet Lou in Annapolis, is what your "customer" will tell you I'm sure. Maybe he will show how he "acquired" his empire with a seventh grade education. He might even train you how to be a savvy businessman like him, with his Marie Antoinette attitude. Show you how to sign your contract with an X, negotiate like a shark, as he does in the Post article. He is the future of Ground, until Fed Ex tires of him and props up their new flavor of the year. I can see Sammy's hedge funders flocking to "Mecca" Maryland to learn the biz from the ultimate tool, lol.

I think the point being made was lost. FedEx can't keep safety a priority while fostering a system that is an endless revolving door of new drivers.

Under the ISP model, whenever FedEx wants something done, they make it advantageous to the contractor to do it by tying in the compliance to a bonus or a payout (FedEx "brand promotion" payments for putting decals on the trucks and having employees wear FedEx uniforms, for example). If FedEx cares about safety like they claim to, they will care about driver retention.

M I Indy

It was an option. Most just signed up for the money and didn't read through what the implications were.

I do it by subcontracting. I run a lot of area that I can easily dump at any time. Peace of mid for me and increased revenue.

Very good! Exactly how I would do it. A win/win with no ramifications and ability to share the wealth by keeping the crew active. X didn't allow that in my day, so I would give my extra my route and do consulting in my real career. Of course, not as efficient, but we all made something, except X would then reconfigure next day and screw me for being independent. I would ask to show me why the reconfigure, mgr. would say because we can. I like seeing your interpretation and fine's version, exactly what X encourages, divisiveness. Fingers alone are weak, but, when balled up together a fist can be powerful. As for negotiating and opting, you know the two are very different, please don't overlap them in trying to make something sound better than it is, keep it real:biggrin:.

M I Indy

I think the point being made was lost. FedEx can't keep safety a priority while fostering a system that is an endless revolving door of new drivers.

Under the ISP model, whenever FedEx wants something done, they make it advantageous to the contractor to do it by tying in the compliance to a bonus or a payout (FedEx "brand promotion" payments for putting decals on the trucks and having employees wear FedEx uniforms, for example). If FedEx cares about safety like they claim to, they will care about driver retention.

Point is you're supposedly independent, X supposedly (lol) can't tell you who to hire and who to retain. Say you have a 4yr. vet, who has become a malcontent, yet you can hire a new better attitude person for less, but, will cost you more in retention money lost. You have now become express, safe malcontents who won't leave, and newbies that screw up left and right. I don't think there is a way to attain a happy medium with that sort of payout and stay supposedly independent, without a lawyer tearing it to shreds.

It will be fine

I'm sure they would have you believe that. I'm also sure that if it were that simple, they wouldn't have bothered with schedule K. You can have the money. I doubt you'll get to keep it.

Look in your agreement under Service days. It's there. The schedule K was to get HD more money up front to hire enough guys to cover all their volume. It doesn't matter much for Ground.

overflowed

Look in your agreement under Service days. It's there. The schedule K was to get HD more money up front to hire enough guys to cover all their volume. It doesn't matter much for Ground.
So first you post as you're an Express employee, now you're a ground contractor. Get the :censored2: outta here!

bbsam

Staff member
Very good! Exactly how I would do it. A win/win with no ramifications and ability to share the wealth by keeping the crew active. X didn't allow that in my day, so I would give my extra my route and do consulting in my real career. Of course, not as efficient, but we all made something, except X would then reconfigure next day and screw me for being independent. I would ask to show me why the reconfigure, mgr. would say because we can. I like seeing your interpretation and fine's version, exactly what X encourages, divisiveness. Fingers alone are weak, but, when balled up together a fist can be powerful. As for negotiating and opting, you know the two are very different, please don't overlap them in trying to make something sound better than it is, keep it real:biggrin:.
Negotiating and opting are linked. The only reason there is any money for bringing on peak help is because in the past Ground contractors refused to help HD. The company has opened up a little, shockingly and ridiculously little, but in doing so they have shown how out of touch they really are. Ground contractors are ready to sit this one out. Negotiations continue.

M I Indy

Negotiating and opting are linked. The only reason there is any money for bringing on peak help is because in the past Ground contractors refused to help HD. The company has opened up a little, shockingly and ridiculously little, but in doing so they have shown how out of touch they really are. Ground contractors are ready to sit this one out. Negotiations continue.

Linked? Whatever, subject to interpretation, just like your contract. Have you met with all the Ground contractors/ISP's and got documentation they will sit out, possibly violating their contract, since you seem to speak for all. Are you now organizing the model? You said earlier you don't care about other contracted "supervisors". Who might you be negotiating with, and how is it for all when X only deals with individuals, when route transfers are frozen til after peak? Sounds like another random thought from the snow belt. You crack me up, in the last six months you have flip flopped on both sides of these types of discussions, to whichever suits your needs at the moment.

bbsam

Staff member
Linked? Whatever, subject to interpretation, just like your contract. Have you met with all the Ground contractors/ISP's and got documentation they will sit out, possibly violating their contract, since you seem to speak for all. Are you now organizing the model? You said earlier you don't care about other contracted "supervisors". Who might you be negotiating with, and how is it for all when X only deals with individuals, when route transfers are frozen til after peak? Sounds like another random thought from the snow belt. You crack me up, in the last six months you have flip flopped on both sides of these types of discussions, to whichever suits your needs at the moment.
It seems that you are little more than a disgruntled former contractor. Fine. But stop thinking you know how things are now that you are out of the loop.

As to "flip flopping", you need to go way back in BC to get a real feel. I'm not nor have I ever been "pro fedex". There's a lot I disagree with and have never been silent about it.

And yeah, locally I'm pretty sure the Ground contractors have no appetite to help this year and that message will eventually hit the district level and then Pittsburgh. And none of it violate the Agreement as long as the Ground contractor covers his CSA (contracted service area ).

M I Indy

Disgruntled? X gave me financial independence, as I have said before. My loop consists of past and present "supervisors" and "employees" from coast to coast, that supported our groups effort, not just Ames to Ft. Wayne. I owe it to those folks to look out for them and continue the fight for their interests, and help those trying to escape their debt. I've been reading your blah blahs since way back. Not saying you are "pro fedex" nor are you pro "American Worker" by bragging about your soccer endeavors etc. while profiting off your underpaid workers. I know you would pay them more if you could, there is only so much you get from X. Still doesn't make it right. You make it sound as if you can walk away tomorrow, yet you still contribute daily to the scam. You consistently deride others that don't see it your way, calling them unskilled, unqualified, etc., yet you feel all should bow to your gripes. Small and narrow minds are what X likes, which may explain why you are still there and I am not. This isn't about you, or me, or anyONE else. This is about our society, our culture, and our future. Corporations have corrupted the dream, I am merely trying to re-instill it. I support all of you, not just the skilled and qualified. "Locally I'm pretty sure" that is a fair assessment, instead of a blanket over all of Ground as you like to pontificate

bbsam

Staff member
Disgruntled? X gave me financial independence, as I have said before. My loop consists of past and present "supervisors" and "employees" from coast to coast, that supported our groups effort, not just Ames to Ft. Wayne. I owe it to those folks to look out for them and continue the fight for their interests, and help those trying to escape their debt. I've been reading your blah blahs since way back. Not saying you are "pro fedex" nor are you pro "American Worker" by bragging about your soccer endeavors etc. while profiting off your underpaid workers. I know you would pay them more if you could, there is only so much you get from X. Still doesn't make it right. You make it sound as if you can walk away tomorrow, yet you still contribute daily to the scam. You consistently deride others that don't see it your way, calling them unskilled, unqualified, etc., yet you feel all should bow to your gripes. Small and narrow minds are what X likes, which may explain why you are still there and I am not. This isn't about you, or me, or anyONE else. This is about our society, our culture, and our future. Corporations have corrupted the dream, I am merely trying to re-instill it. I support all of you, not just the skilled and qualified. "Locally I'm pretty sure" that is a fair assessment, instead of a blanket over all of Ground as you like to pontificate
Well changer the world then, grasshopper.