The Second Coming of Jimmy Carter

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Lue C Fur, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

When Obama wasn’t emulating Carter, he was laughably optimistic. At one point he predicted, “in the coming weeks and days, these efforts should capture up to 90 percent of the oil leaking out of the well.” No one believes it. CNN had local fishermen and their families on afterward and they expect the Gulf will be crushed for a decade or more.
    Obama’s assessment came the same day Reuters reported that scientists “upped their high-end estimate of the amount of crude oil flowing from BP PLC's stricken Gulf of Mexico well by 50 percent, the second major upward revision in less than a week.” Neither the government nor BP have any credibility on this issue at all.

Obama’s popularity is plummeting almost as fast as BP’s. A new poll finds Louisiana residents thoroughly disgusted with the White House, even more so than they were with Bush. The results show “a majority of voters there think George W. Bush did a better job with Katrina than Obama's done dealing with the spill.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010...mmy-carter-malaise-speech-oval-office-energy/

[​IMG]

2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Well what do you expect ?
    barry does not need these voters to maintain his status come 2012.

4. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

5. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Jimmy Carter Whines: Supreme Court Ruling Means I Can’t Hang Around With Fellow Jooo-Haters Hamas and Hezbollah…

http://weaselzippers.us/

6. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

The only thing that reminds me of the Carter administration is, waiting in long lines to buy gas on the day assigned by plate numbers.

7. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

where you to young to recall the 18% home mortgages ?

8. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Yes I was. I was reading the back of my baseball cards and memorizing useless stats and facts about baseball players while in line for gas.