The secrecy of Prayer...?

bbsam

Staff member
You are right that the same message could be delivered by saying "Vote Obama To Exit", however it might lack the impact that the person creating was going for.
BTW, I didn't have to spell Vote at all, I C&P from your post.

Yes. The desired impact was not political, it was pure, simple hate.
BTW. I C&P?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You are right that the same message could be delivered by saying "Vote Obama To Exit", however it might lack the impact that the person creating was going for.
BTW, I didn't have to spell Vote at all, I C&P from your post.

I would not have a problem with anyone saying "Pray that obama doesnt win re election" but thats a different meaning than citing a psalm with horrible intentions. Messaging is the issue.

Peace

TOS

brett636

I am still awaiting TOS or bbsam to express outrage over similar expressions made about George W. Bush and Chris Christie.

IMG_2416.JPG

nooseLastMohican.jpg

NJ teacher’s union prays for Chris Christie’s death Sister Toldjah

wkmac

Yes. This is very wrong and very easy to say so.

Why Brett wrongly assumed you in this IMO is ridiculous on his part. I still stand where I do on matters of religion and belief but from what I see at times, you do Jesus proud!

:thumbsup:

brett636

It took a lot of prying to get it out of one of you. I doubt TOS will make the same claim, but I could be surprised. Either way I've enjoyed exposing your selective outrage on this matter.

bbsam

Staff member
Thank you for saying but I do have impure thoughts when lookin at certain avatars (Aj, menot, dilli). So don't nominate me for sainthood quite yet. "The sinners have much more fun!"

P

pickup

I have to confess, in 1985, I prayed that Joe Thiesman of the Washington Redskins would get knocked out of the game due to a sack. Well that happened.

With the discovery of my new found powers, I wished the same fate on Danny White and Joe Montana in games in which they faced the Giants.

They got nailed. There were some limits to my powers, apparently my prayers had no effect on the downing of a Randall Cunningham of the Eagles.

There , that's my confession.

Now you fess up, how many of you who are Giants fans or Patriots fans are rooting(even praying?) for the opposing quarterback to suffer a few bruises and bumps in this Sunday's matchup , especially if you got a Ben Franklin or two riding on the outcome?

bbsam

Staff member
It took a lot of prying to get it out of one of you. I doubt TOS will make the same claim, but I could be surprised. Either way I've enjoyed exposing your selective outrage on this matter.
That was alot of prying? First time I have seen it. And I wouldn't call it "outrage". That would suggest that I expect better out of people, and I really don't anymore.

brett636

Why Brett wrongly assumed you in this IMO is ridiculous on his part. I still stand where I do on matters of religion and belief but from what I see at times, you do Jesus proud!

:thumbsup:

Its not even conclusive that the original intent of the prayer was to wish death upon Obama, but I have examples of direct death threats made against Republican leaders and I am the one who is ridiculous?

bbsam

Staff member
I have to confess, in 1985, I prayed that Joe Thiesman of the Washington Redskins would get knocked out of the game due to a sack. Well that happened.

With the discovery of my new found powers, I wished the same fate on Danny White and Joe Montana in games in which they faced the Giants.

They got nailed. There were some limits to my powers, apparently my prayers had no effect on the downing of a Randall Cunningham of the Eagles.

There , that's my confession.

Now you fess up, how many of you who are Giants fans or Patriots fans are rooting(even praying?) for the opposing quarterback to suffer a few bruises and bumps in this Sunday's matchup , especially if you got a Ben Franklin or two riding on the outcome?
There must be something wrong with me. I LOVE NFL football and the Chicago Bears, but last year when Green Bay won in the NFC Championship game, I was suddenly in hibernation. I had no ill will towards Green Bay whatsoever, believe Aaron Rogers is simply a class act and fantastic QB, and enjoyed the SB party we went to.

P

pickup

There must be something wrong with me. I LOVE NFL football and the Chicago Bears, but last year when Green Bay won in the NFC Championship game, I was suddenly in hibernation. I had no ill will towards Green Bay whatsoever, believe Aaron Rogers is simply a class act and fantastic QB, and enjoyed the SB party we went to.

Ahh but let me ask you, when the Bears and the Packers were playing that game, and I assumed there was a sack of Rogers, weren't you just kind of hoping, just a little that he would come out of the game for a bit , due to an injury?

bbsam

Staff member
Ahh but let me ask you, when the Bears and the Packers were playing that game, and I assumed there was a sack of Rogers, weren't you just kind of hoping, just a little that he would come out of the game for a bit , due to an injury?
Well...I wasn't praying for it, but,...well, you know, football's a rough sport and injuries happen and I wouldn't have cried or anything....:wink2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Don't wish upon him what happened to Manning. I have that, just more levels. Not fun. If you look at the x-rays, it looks like there are drywall screws in there.

wkmac

Its not even conclusive that the original intent of the prayer was to wish death upon Obama, but I have examples of direct death threats made against Republican leaders and I am the one who is ridiculous?

In the claims towards bbsam, yes but then I qualified what I said exclusively in relation to bbsam. Beyond that, I offered no judgement so knock yourself out.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The issue here is two fold. One, the house speaker who used the prayer in its entirety and INCLUDED the names of Michele and Barack OBama while reading the prayer. Secondly, this house speaker felt comfortable about reading it in this fashion because he was "in" on the scam.

These are his own words:

“At last — I can honestly voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up — it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray. Brothers and Sisters, can I get an AMEN? AMEN!!!!!!”

This hardly qualifies any suggestion that he was only using an extrapolated sentence, and in fact, he justifies the entire verse by adding the term WORD FOR WORD.

There is no further evidence necessary to prove the intention of this verse by those who chose to use it.

Faithful America | Faith in Public Life

Mike Oneal also sent out an email calling the first lady Mrs YOMAMA, and has sent many emails with derrogatory terms about the first family. The calls for his resignation grow every week and soon there will be a recall against the speaker.

There is CONCLUSIVE proof and to deny it is silly.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=2]Military Orders Catholic Chaplains Not To Read Letter From Bishops Criticizing Obama Administration Over Health Insurance Law…[/h]
All the bishops in the country sent out a letter to be read in their parishes promising that the Church “cannot-and will not-comply with this unjust law.”
Even Archbishop Timothy Broglio, who is in charge of Catholic military chaplains sent out the same letter.
But after he did, the Army’s Office of the Chief of Chaplains sent out another communication forbidding Catholic priests to read the letter, in part because it seemed to encourage civil disobedience, and could be read as seditious against the Commander-in-Chief.
More than one Catholic chaplain who spoke to us off the record confirmed that many chaplains disobeyed this instruction and read the letter anyway. Others sought further instructions from their Archbishop.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(The Hill) — Republican Rep. Phil Gingrey (Ga.) walked out of President Obama’s speech at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, his spokeswoman confirmed to The Hill.
Jen Talaber said the five-term lawmaker “left quietly” in the middle of the president’s remarks.
“He was disturbed and offended by the president’s use of prayer and reflection time for partisan politics and class warfare,” Talaber said. “Rep. Gingrey enjoyed listening to the keynote speaker and found the breakfast to be inspiring until President Obama began politicking.”

Fenris

The issue here is two fold. One, the house speaker who used the prayer in its entirety and INCLUDED the names of Michele and Barack OBama while reading the prayer. Secondly, this house speaker felt comfortable about reading it in this fashion because he was "in" on the scam.

These are his own words:

“At last — I can honestly voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up — it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray. Brothers and Sisters, can I get an AMEN? AMEN!!!!!!”

This hardly qualifies any suggestion that he was only using an extrapolated sentence, and in fact, he justifies the entire verse by adding the term WORD FOR WORD.

There is no further evidence necessary to prove the intention of this verse by those who chose to use it.

Faithful America | Faith in Public Life

Mike Oneal also sent out an email calling the first lady Mrs YOMAMA, and has sent many emails with derrogatory terms about the first family. The calls for his resignation grow every week and soon there will be a recall against the speaker.

There is CONCLUSIVE proof and to deny it is silly.

Peace

TOS

Will you prove Brett wrong and condemn the death wishes and violent imagery of both sides of the political spectrum?