The Service Of UPS And The Ignorance Of The Public

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
1)You forgot to throw in the moldy joke about them being fat.
2) Minimal contact with customers is just how we like unless you count traveling the highways with the morons.
3) They`re called feeder drivers not freight.
4)If your going to insult someone spell check your post so you don`t look dumb.:happy2:
Cache, I wasn't trying to insult you or anyone else. And I wasn't calling anyone a maroon or dumb. And I meant the freight drivers, because as far as I know the feeder drivers have no contact with customers. Thank God!:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hoax-
Anyone who has skydived and participated in large formation relative work pictured in your post #16 might be offended by the picture.
Surely you aren't espousing the contents "idiocy" projected by the picture.
I didn't think so.
It could have been worse. At least they weren't skydiving in the nude. Saw a video of that once. Absolutely hilarious.:happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax-
Anyone who has skydived and participated in large formation relative work pictured in your post #16 might be offended by the picture.
Surely you aren't espousing the contents "idiocy" projected by the picture.
I didn't think so.
Got it from the website www.despair.com.
They take the photos (or similar) from the "Motivational" posters and put sarcastic sayings under them.
It is to be taken as a parody.

I did not mean to disparage anyone that is stupid enough to jump out of a perfectly good plane. :wink2:

U(s)PS Guy

Some people you will never be able to make happy. They believe they always have the right answer to there own questions. These people bitch at every carrier not just UPS because they think they deserve better customer service then any other person.

You should never get into a argument with customers even when they don't know anything about what they are talking about. Just direct them to the Customer Service Center or the 800 number.

In this case the Customer Service Center she could have pick her package up herself since she said it was there

I work for SCS, but as a second part-time job I work at The UPS Store as well. I had a customer call in saying she needed the local distribution centers number, and I told her that they don't give their number out and I do not have it give to her. Of course I had their number, but we don't give it out so people can't call and bitch about the dumb little things like everyone would. Anyway....I direct her to the 1-800 number and she keeps bitching about wanting the local distro number.

Eventually she says "well I need to pick up my package there." I tell her their customer desk hours are 1:30-5:30, and since it is 6:30, they are closed and will re-attempt the delivery tomorrow. Her response "That is bull****! I have picked up packages there as late as 9PM. And I still don't understand why you won't give me their number! I need my package and I know it is there!"

And here is where i slipped....I told her "Well m'am, if you are so confident that the desk is open at this hour and you know that your package is there, why are you talking to me? Drive down to the center yourself and pick it up. I can't help you." She made sure to take my name then hang up on me, only after getting the customer service number one more time.

I've never heard back about that though :)

Sorry for the long story

outta hours

On the other side of the coin, Upstate, I have had many customers say, "wow a day early. This wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow."

That is because hard working feeder drivers such as myself, all across the country have been working on Saturdays this month to jump service by a day or two earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Just to make you PC drivers look better.:wink2:

InTheRed

That is because hard working feeder drivers such as myself, all across the country have been working on Saturdays this month to jump service by a day or two earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Just to make you PC drivers look better.:wink2:

Not only that, but if you guys didn't move things forward 1 day of service, Tuesdays would be unbearable. We ran full staffing Monday & Tuesday in the center, 83 routes and that was still overdispatching routes. Without advanced work Monday would be like 74-75 routes and Tuesday would have numerous issues with drivers being able to finish.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
3 times last week, I had women give me boxes with prepaid labels for USPS. After telling them we are UPS, they were still confused.:wink2:

I'm not so sure I buy the "hard working" feeder driver bit, because I am told repeatedly by our FDs that there is NO hard work in feeders. LOL.
However if you guys didn't put in extra runs, we(PCDS) would have had a much tougher peak season. Thank you for your efforts and dedication.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

3 times last week, I had women give me boxes with prepaid labels for USPS. After telling them we are UPS, they were still confused.:wink2:

I normally just take them and either put them in the mail box, give them to a carrier or just leave them at the MBE store that is my last pickup stop. This happens most often with packages left in the drop boxes.

I did have 2 QVC pkgs left in one of my drop boxes where the lady had simply placed the small return label provided by QVC over her address label thinking she could re-use the same barcode. I simply put them back by her front door on my way back to the center.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And I appreciate that!

Not only that, but if you guys didn't move things forward 1 day of service, Tuesdays would be unbearable. We ran full staffing Monday & Tuesday in the center, 83 routes and that was still overdispatching routes. Without advanced work Monday would be like 74-75 routes and Tuesday would have numerous issues with drivers being able to finish.
Nice planning ahead. LOL

I'm not so sure I buy the "hard working" feeder driver bit, because I am told repeatedly by our FDs that there is NO hard work in feeders. LOL.
However if you guys didn't put in extra runs, we(PCDS) would have had a much tougher peak season. Thank you for your efforts and dedication.
See first one.

I normally just take them and either put them in the mail box, give them to a carrier or just leave them at the MBE store that is my last pickup stop. This happens most often with packages left in the drop boxes.

I did have 2 QVC pkgs left in one of my drop boxes where the lady had simply placed the small return label provided by QVC over her address label thinking she could re-use the same barcode. I simply put them back by her front door on my way back to the center.
Had a customer drop off an opened pkg back to Basha's (grocery store with daily p/u), with a return to sender written on it. LOL I took it back to her and explained that she couldn't do it that way.