The Service Of UPS And The Ignorance Of The Public

A

anonymous6

My supervisor sometimes sends me out to our most pissed off customers cause I can talk them down. i ask them to put things in perspective and ask questions like "out of the last 10 times you received a package from us , how many were early or on time?"

usually the answer is "every time" i also tell them that we deliver 12 million packages a day and their will be problems.

I agree with their frustrations and tell them they are right and ask them "what can i do for you to make this right?' they almost always calm down.

Last year I saved a multi million dollar account from a huge internet company when the head honjo came out screaming at me about one of our bonehead drivers putting trailers on the wrong door and putting a swing door trailer on a door with doors closed.
I moved three trailers and also moved 2 fed ex trailers when I asked him what else I could do for them. after an hour of talking and moving trailers, he asked me my name and told me he was gonna call my boss and thank him for everything i did.

do you think i ever heard anything about it? No, but the way I figured it , it was all worth it for job security.

there is always a good way to handle a bad situation.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
My supervisor sometimes sends me out to our most pissed off customers cause I can talk them down. i ask them to put things in perspective and ask questions like "out of the last 10 times you received a package from us , how many were early or on time?"

usually the answer is "every time" i also tell them that we deliver 12 million packages a day and their will be problems.

I agree with their frustrations and tell them they are right and ask them "what can i do for you to make this right?' they almost always calm down.

Last year I saved a multi million dollar account from a huge internet company when the head honjo came out screaming at me about one of our bonehead drivers putting trailers on the wrong door and putting a swing door trailer on a door with doors closed.
I moved three trailers and also moved 2 fed ex trailers when I asked him what else I could do for them. after an hour of talking and moving trailers, he asked me my name and told me he was gonna call my boss and thank him for everything i did.

do you think i ever heard anything about it? No, but the way I figured it , it was all worth it for job security.

there is always a good way to handle a bad situation.

I guess your Sup is really good at delegating alot of his crappy jobs. I guess that's why you wear brown.

sdf6hr2

idiocy.jpg

maybe this is how that one lady expected her air pkg to be delivered...