The :censored: Hits The Fan...FedEx and UPS Slammed

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The story is just starting to hit the general media after social media. FedEx is already blaming the weather and anything else except upper management. Lots of stories of ruined Christmas plans etc. Maybe Fred and Matt will put down the caviar and champagne long enough to pay attention...nah.

cancan

The story is just starting to hit the general media after social media. FedEx is already blaming the weather and anything else except upper management. Lots of stories of ruined Christmas plans etc. Maybe Fred and Matt will put down the caviar and champagne long enough to pay attention...nah.

If you had worked faster this wouldn't have been a problem.

Sent using BrownCafe App

cancan

My big question is how will Fedex prepare next year with this big fail. They are not going to beef up our infrastructure for two weeks a year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

whenIgetthere

FedEx will prepare for next year's peak the same way as this year. They will cut routes and everything else. They will have a laser focus towards the only thing that counts, no, not customer service, the stock price!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My money is on Fedex will not see the season as a big fail, in fact I expect record profits will be reported.

Uh...no. You don't get it. Peak hasn't even ended yet, because there is still a huge backlog of undelivered freight, much of it vital, Christmas-related, or worse. Consumers are being interviewed and telling their horror stories about how FedEx stonewalled them, lied, or otherwise laid a steaming pile. It will be a while until they can get the stink off...if ever.

bbsam

Staff member
if not receiving a Christmas present ruined peoples' Christmas, then that's just sad. We just finished a celebration and all the wrapped up crap could have stayed on the shelves as far as I'm concerned. Friends and family were great.

MAKAVELI

if not receiving a Christmas present ruined peoples' Christmas, then that's just sad. We just finished a celebration and all the wrapped up crap could have stayed on the shelves as far as I'm concerned. Friends and family were great.
You got that right but this is the America we live in. It's all about how much :censored2: you can accumulate. Merry Christmas to all.

TUT

Uh...no. You don't get it. Peak hasn't even ended yet, because there is still a huge backlog of undelivered freight, much of it vital, Christmas-related, or worse. Consumers are being interviewed and telling their horror stories about how FedEx stonewalled them, lied, or otherwise laid a steaming pile. It will be a while until they can get the stink off...if ever.

No you don't get it, that is why you are where you are at. This will be a big season for the carriers. You are right things will be delivered late, I could have predicted that years ago. I'll predict the same issue next year. The solution is be a wiser consumer. A. Order Earlier. B. If it is something that can "ruin Christmas" (over-exaggerated term angry people use) then buy it locally. To take chances on a Ruined Christmas by ordering late across country... The consumer isn't at fault, they just have to be more prepared. My mechanic usually tells me he'll be done sooner then he is, I now know it and add time. Like my contractor... This isn't a perfect world and those expecting that will always be let down. Learn.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No you don't get it, that is why you are where you are at. This will be a big season for the carriers. You are right things will be delivered late, I could have predicted that years ago. I'll predict the same issue next year. The solution is be a wiser consumer. A. Order Earlier. B. If it is something that can "ruin Christmas" (over-exaggerated term angry people use) then buy it locally. To take chances on a Ruined Christmas by ordering late across country... The consumer isn't at fault, they just have to be more prepared. My mechanic usually tells me he'll be done sooner then he is, I now know it and add time. Like my contractor... This isn't a perfect world and those expecting that will always be let down. Learn.

OK..if you say so. I think the brand has been severely damaged, and that Mr. Smith needs to say a word he's never said before..."REFUND".

Nick9075

But the senior managers will just use this as excuse to throw the workers they don't like (not part of the "in" crowd) under the bus while they keep their jobs. The thing is that there are many 'lifers' working at least for Ground & Express who are to put it mildly brainwashed by the koolaid, I guess they are content making $700 a week for the next 20 years as a driver

Nick9075

but seriously as unemployment falls and pay rates don't rise, you aren't getting qualified people are at least those who can let go of the street mentality.. Its their own fault (management) who probably just went to one party after another during peak season in an upper class suburb where there was plenty of good food (and coke aine), but many of those C level middle managers in pittsburgh think they are better because Fox News says their income group pays most of the taxes

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Wow. Seems some have forgot the "true meaning" of the season, huh?

Thankfulness, family, praise, rest, relaxation, football, food.

Went to twitter and it's all ablaze with tweets such as:

ABC World News
Were any of your package deliveries delayed by UPS or FedEx? Tweet us or email

Now tell me ... what will come of this ... not a "Hoover Dam" thing. Who else will they use, to ship the same stuff next year?

Carry on.

hypo hanna

My big question is how will Fedex prepare next year with this big fail. They are not going to beef up our infrastructure for two weeks a year.

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is true. As I see it the only way for them to provide the level of service they advertise during peak is to either beef up the infrastructure or treat employees well enough where they want the company to succeed. Right now they are doing neither so they can boost the profit margin and the customers suffer for it.

TUT

OK..if you say so. I think the brand has been severely damaged, and that Mr. Smith needs to say a word he's never said before..."REFUND".

The brand isn't severely damaged. There are two, they both had the same issue. If anything the public gets a reality check in that there isn't an unlimited supply. If they take a moment to consider, they will quickly think, like duh and they to will adjust. You just want the brand to be severely damaged any way shape or form. I don't care, sure a little egg but nothing long term. As a shipper I've always known this and there are limits hit more often than just Christmas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The brand isn't severely damaged. There are two, they both had the same issue. If anything the public gets a reality check in that there isn't an unlimited supply. If they take a moment to consider, they will quickly think, like duh and they to will adjust. You just want the brand to be severely damaged any way shape or form. I don't care, sure a little egg but nothing long term. As a shipper I've always known this and there are limits hit more often than just Christmas.
Gave you an "Optimistic" on that.
These Social Media people are the same ones that watch Duck Dynasty and Honey-Boo-Boo.