The slobs among us...

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The paper and bottle garbage on the shelves when I come in (not piss bottles) doesn't bother me so much,..I'll grab it and toss it under the bottom belt (which is where we throw our garbage).

One of my biggest pet peeves....is drivers (usually cover drivers) who don't leave the hand cart up near the bulkhead door at the.end of their day...but leave it laying down on a wheel hub, or in the cargo area, or even lay it down up on a shelf. It just irks me.,..put it back!

Lol, I always get mad and throw the handcart on the top shelf or in the drivers seat whenever they leave that crap in the way lol.

9.5er

I honestly did not read all of the responses to this thread. I just want to point out one thing. Why are there fast food bags in the truck. We get an hour lunch. Take it and leave your trash in the restaurant.
Also REFUEL YOUR TRUCKS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The meal break is not an hour for everyone. We only get 45 minutes here. Others have said they are approved for 30 minutes.

I have a co-worker who spends $14/day while on road. That's a car payment.

I brown bag it.

CHALLY9TX

Is it really that hard to throw away your trash at the end of the day? Time allowance? Just tell your sup exactly what you were doing, which is cleaning out the PC. The amount of trash in some PCs amazes/disgusts me. I was on vacation this past week. Let's see how my PC looks when I get back on Tuesday. Hopefully I won't have to give a talking to a cover driver/drivers this week.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Is it really that hard to throw away your trash at the end of the day? Time allowance? Just tell your sup exactly what you were doing, which is cleaning out the PC. The amount of trash in some PCs amazes/disgusts me. I was on vacation this past week. Let's see how my PC looks when I get back on Tuesday. Hopefully I won't have to give a talking to a cover driver/drivers this week.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If the trash is from snacking, bottles, cans, wrappers, etc it really should be done off the clock. If it's ripped up call tags, debris from packages, etc then I don't see how they could say anything.

UPSGUY72

If I get to a car in the morning and there is crap all over the cab out the door it goes. I don't have time to do anything else I'm usually helping the preloader rap up loading the car at the same time checking my air to make sure I have it all my and getting and overview of where my first 10 to 15 stops are if there not in the 1000 or 200 sections.

If the back of car is full of crap before I take my lunch and do my final sorting I will pick it up and put in at Dr bag and get rid of it when I get back to the building.

Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug,

Can you intelligently respond to the fact that there is a clear violation of Article 18 Section 1 of the contract.

It is management failure to maintain the package cars in a sanitary condition that is the source of this problem.

Sincerely,
I

Please give an example of any point in this thread where I have stated, or even hinted, that there is not a violation. You can't because it didn't happen. I don't know what your problem is other than a sudden desire to be some kind of enforcer against me for not limiting my response strictly to trashed trucks and the contract article that is violated as a result. Yes, the OP is talking about trash in the trucks and UPS not enforcing Article 18 Section 1 but in doing so I, along with anyone else, are justified in pointing out that the fact that those responsible for said trash are likely part of another problem. And that problem is the refusal to do what they are paid well to do. Now take the topic Gestapo act somewhere else.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I didnt know that was a "thing"

Unloading cars in the past, ive smelled urine, but holy fack thats messed up.

Less Runnin, More Stunnin
Came back from vacation last year and the first day back, I noticed something stinking near the back of the truck. It got worst as the day progressed and the truck got warmer. I couldn't find anything that would produce a stench and it went away as the sun got lower in the sky so I didn't give it another thought. The next day was a scorcher and it got miserably hot very early in the day. That smell came back with a vengeance. I finally tracked it to the pocket where the doors slide into on my Freightliner p-700. Some effing cover driver took a leak back there. I had to use a customer's hose to flush that stench away. I looked through the dvr to see who had driven the truck and of course, there were 5 different sigs and not a one of them was legible so I couldn't confront the :censored2: that did it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Overpaid Union Thug,

Can you intelligently respond to the fact that there is a clear violation of Article 18 Section 1 of the contract.

It is management failure to maintain the package cars in a sanitary condition that is the source of this problem.

Sincerely,
I
Management arent the ones leaving a mess behind in the package cars.

bumped

I had this happen to me earlier this week. The sorry bastard that used my package car had left his jacket in it. I put every piece of trash from his day, and my day in his pockets.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I looked through the dvr to see who had driven the truck and of course, there were 5 different sigs and not a one of them was legible so I couldn't confront the :censored2: that did it.
I've been trying to get my centers to put together a list of signatures so I know who I'm dealing with when they bother to sign.