the summer of warning letters

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Several,, no, more than several drivers in my center have gotten warning letters over production in the past couple of weeks. Some have even gotten the 5 day suspension notice. This is mindblowing as several of the above mentioned are hard workers, they are all grieving it,, but the harassment is still going on strong. Any other centers dealing with this nonsense?

tourists24

Several,, no, more than several drivers in my center have gotten warning letters over production in the past couple of weeks. Some have even gotten the 5 day suspension notice. This is mindblowing as several of the above mentioned are hard workers, they are all grieving it,, but the harassment is still going on strong. Any other centers dealing with this nonsense?

same going on in my center.... lots of warning letters and several suspensions (even have one up to ten days now, lol).... none of them have made it to a panel though.... I hope they do (I doubt it will happen though)... will be interesting to see how it plays out

Just_another_day_at_work

From the past month they go hard here too. One of the sups harassed that I cannot go over 100 clicks, I said it happens. He said I will be under the BIG radar and I don't want that. Will grieve it tomorrow.

over9five

Staff member
I've heard (maybe the OP can confirm), that the point at which you will get that warning letter is 1/2 of a stop less per hour of the SPORH for your route.

tourists24

I've heard (maybe the OP can confirm), that the point at which you will get that warning letter is 1/2 of a stop less per hour of the SPORH for your route.
the guys who Ive been in the office with are given a set SPORH and are told that they are to maintain that with no allowance under that. This number has been reached after a 3 day ride

over9five

Staff member
the guys who Ive been in the office with are given a set SPORH and are told that they are to maintain that with no allowance under that. This number has been reached after a 3 day ride

I was in the office after my 3 day ride because I was 1/2 a stop less per hour than my average on the 3 day ride. The center manager told me 1/2 was the limit. BUT they averaged the week, which is fair IMHO. If your set SPOHR is averaged over the 3 days, you should be able to be over it some days, and under it others.

tourists24

I was in the office after my 3 day ride because I was 1/2 a stop less per hour than my average on the 3 day ride. The center manager told me 1/2 was the limit. BUT they averaged the week, which is fair IMHO. If your set SPOHR is averaged over the 3 days, you should be able to be over it some days, and under it others.
Does your route change day to day, or is it pretty much the same? Thats where a big problem comes into play here. Routes change daily and they are trying to hold people accountable to a 3 day ride in which no 3 days were alike. They want a set SPORH but there is no good standard set at all.

Just_another_day_at_work

I didn't felt it that way. It's the "do my numbers or else" method... I was in the office once, asking me what went wrong one day for being over 1 hour allowed, at least they asked-} this is when they can help me. I don't want to come in to work that once a week they are intimidating me, if they have a problem they can brown up and ride with me. I just want to punch in, deliver the stuff that I have on the truck, come back and punch out. Harassment or either intimidation what I grieve. If a sup truly wants to help he/she asks what can he/she do to make my day. The you have to/must blablabla doesn't work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
To try and equate our day by isolating 2 variables, stops and hours, while ignoring the myriad of other variables is ludicrous.
They know it and the warning letters and mock suspensions are nothing more than a calculated bluff.
Just smile and tell them you'll do your best and go out and work by the methods and you'll be fine.
Grieve any and all attempts at discipline and harassment and watch them move on to the next guy.
Like the playground bully, when they realize you aren't afraid and not buying it, they'll go away.

whiskey

23 is my number. But I don't look at any print outs in the morning. Most evenings I donate my turn in time to UPS. Getting old, and just trying to survive. First i've heard of the .5 rule.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The word around here is that the company is going to start addressing every driver who runs more than 50 clicks over (currently 100 clicks is the supposed trigger). Bring it on I say.

TheDick

100 overallowed covers aboot every driver except the runners, and theyre getting the third degree cuz brown is getting sued again over the second meal break, so anybody not punching out for lunch tween 4-5 hr is warned, but i still see guys doin pick-ups and drop boxes in center, when theyre routes a half hour away so they can leave at 5pm.
In my center anything under ur 3day average =disc process even if its 2 hundreths slower.
The guys is SF aboot 18 drivers, most went to abritration for SPORH bs.
I dont see them losing but if they do expect the harrassment to intensify. I'm thinkin this blow up in ups face eventually, just hope it isnt news worthy when it happens.

W

westsideworma

I feel bad for you guys, I hear drivers at my center talking all the time and it echoes what you're saying here. It just seems like we're all meant to think that there is no such thing as a good job at UPS unless you're perfect. Keep your head up guys, we're not all against you. I've even heard some FT management muttering about the moves they're forced to make to meet whatever new number is the flavor of the week. Just know its not only you. Having 4 drivers on the same road in order to meet "this" number but cause another number to go out of whack makes perfect sense doesn't it? Hell once we sent 3 to the same address by plan before I caught it back a ways. I don't even look for such things anymore as all the things I caught (in order to help save time) only caused me more grief so now I no longer bother. I just do what I'm told and put it where it says it goes (even if it doesn't) because I'm wrong no matter what, even if I'm right.

Just_another_day_at_work

The word around here is that the company is going to start addressing every driver who runs more than 50 clicks over (currently 100 clicks is the supposed trigger). Bring it on I say.
We are in the same center. I have been addressed twice this week. I can't wait to waste 3 days of my supervisor's life. :) You can go over 0.5 stops per hour, it just starts the paperwork and wasting each others time for no result. I still didn't hear that anybody got fired for production...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
our onroads are being told to got out 4 days of the week on production rides, im surprsed more centers are not dealing with this insult now

lvgolfer962

i got a 4 day ride a while back, i don't even have a route lol. when i came in the 4th day and i realized that the sup was going with me again, i made a B line for the center mngs office. i was told that it didn't matter that it not my route "i do it frequently" and that i was going to have a babysitter until i scratched the route. called in sick the next day and havent been on the route since, guess they showed me:happy-very:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
To try and equate our day by isolating 2 variables, stops and hours, while ignoring the myriad of other variables is ludicrous.
They know it and the warning letters and mock suspensions are nothing more than a calculated bluff.
Just smile and tell them you'll do your best and go out and work by the methods and you'll be fine.
Grieve any and all attempts at discipline and harassment and watch them move on to the next guy.
Like the playground bully, when they realize you aren't afraid and not buying it, they'll go away.

All this happening and fedex is going under the radar and targeting ups accounts....so sad.
I have no problem with someone going out with me but its the way everything has been going down....its pathetic...and this has been coming from the mouths of some mgt!!