The support for H2O is so strong overwhelming across the United States and Canada

Hey you have to do what you have to do. I've witnessed many fundraisers for h20 and I've kicked many c notes to several IBT Vice Presidents. The support has been phenomenal. Both financially and through campaigning. With how the convention went there will be so many Local leaders campaigning and tell their members who they support. The members will vote for H20.
For nationalnati contract o my 39% voted. Seriously how many people will bother to vote in this election?

For nationalnati contract o my 39% voted. Seriously how many people will bother to vote in this election?
It will be the usual amount. Public sector will be very huge in h20's favor for this election. Teamsters United has nothing in this demographic. Couple that with no support in the west and Canada not to mention the east and it's a bloodbath. The central will support H20 as well. I predict the biggest margin of victory ever.

The opposition is very weak. If they are calling this a full slate they are full of it. I know your local has their grievances but in reality you are in the minority. Even freight as decreased as it is won't vote for teamsters United. I know some won't believe me but in November they will see.

It will be the usual amount. Public sector will be very huge in h20's favor for this election. Teamsters United has nothing in this demographic. Couple that with no support in the west and Canada not to mention the east and it's a bloodbath. The central will support H20 as well. I predict the biggest margin of victory ever.

The opposition is very weak. If they are calling this a full slate they are full of it. I know your local has their grievances but in reality you are in the minority. Even freight as decreased as it is won't vote for teamsters United. I know some won't believe me but in November they will see.
Just because I'm am voting for the underdog doesn't mean im going to lay down.
I will just have to work harder.

image.jpeg
One thing that you can't overlook is this panoramic picture of the actual support that teamsters United has from each local. There is nothing there. So the locals that spend large amounts of time building relationships with their own members will be giving their members their perspectives on voting H20. This is reality.

Nobody that is an elected union official in good faith can endorse or vote for teamsters United. It would be catastrophic for the membership and unions as a whole. The elected officials supporting H20 are acting in the best interests of members families and people.

Z is not an option but if he was he'd ruin ups and be the nail in the coffin for freight.

View attachment 92473 One thing that you can't overlook is this panoramic picture of the actual support that teamsters United has from each local. There is nothing there. So the locals that spend large amounts of time building relationships with their own members will be giving their members their perspectives on voting H20. This is reality.

Nobody that is an elected union official in good faith can endorse or vote for teamsters United. It would be catastrophic for the membership and unions as a whole. The elected officials supporting H20 are acting in the best interests of members families and people.

Z is not an option but if he was he'd ruin ups and be the nail in the coffin for freight.
H* did enough damage
The Apple doesn't fall from the tree.

Just because I'm am voting for the underdog doesn't mean im going to lay down.
I will just have to work harder.
I don't doubt that I've but so will I and a large majority are in favor of H20. I enjoy engaging in this debate with you in a civil manner. Once this election is won by H20 you and these members will be welcomed with open arms. With the recent trump debacle I see a anti GOP demographic coming in the house and senate. Unions will be in a position to get stronger and the leadership of H20 will lead us into a better future. I indeed can't wait to work with them with what relationships I've built and will continue to build to strengthen the landscape for the working man and woman.

Last edited:
H* did enough damage
The Apple doesn't fall from the tree.
The damage from the deregulation of the trucking industry coupled with the short comings of Ron Carey are what I and most every that looks at he the whole picture can see. I think Tom Nyhan is kinda a :censored2: but a couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to ask him the impact Ron Carey made on all teamsters pension plans when he increased it across the board to 3000 a month all members. He said it was irresponsible unrealistic and nothing more than a campaign ploy to get reelected. This was the death blow after the cut jugular of the deregulation of the trucking industry. Ron Carey was a buffoon who gambled on your retirement to get another term in office.

The damage from the deregulation of the trucking industry coupled with the short comings of Ron Carey are what I and most every that looks at he the whole picture can see. I think Tom Nyhan is kinda a :censored2: but a couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to ask him the impact Ron Carey made on all teamsters pension plans when he increased it across the board to 3000 a month all members. He said it was irresponsible unrealistic and nothing more than a campaign ploy to get reelected. This was the death blow after the cut jugular of the deregulation of the trucking industry. Ron Carey was a buffoon who gambled on your retirement to get another term in office.
I will fight for what I believe in. H* Schmitz all over us. It is not forgotten. Even the new guys see that. Longer progression, more years until you get all of your sick and personal days. The shaoe of many of our pension funds...he seriously needs to go.

Not for nothing, but most that I have spoken to in Metro Philly are as well.
That is metro Philadelphia. There is resentment in Pennsylvania no doubt but it will be split. Add that to the other areas where H20 will win in a landslide. You have to remember that a lot of members are very happy with the current administration.

Gimme Danger

My local used to be run by a H supporting IBT rep (carhaul). We fired him and his team for not doing the job.
I've helped the TU campaign, and members in other locals around us aren't happy.
I guess we'll see in November.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With less than 2 years left it makes little difference to me who is running, let alone who wins.

Hoffa will win in a landslide, get sworn in, retire and hand the reins over to Hall.

10 point

Let's tell the truth if we're going to be real here.

Carey wasn't up for election in 97 when he upped it.

UPS upped the ante and he had a choice to make.
He could gamble on the membership not crossing the line to get the $1000/mo bump (after already being on the strike line for almost two weeks) or match it.

The company sunk the retirement pension fund and they knew what would happen either way we moved. Check and checkmate. Game over. Screw the "valued" workers that wouldn't cross the line.

The fund already lost about 640 million $s in the first seven months of 97. There were no easy answers.

How many long time workers on those strike lines would not jump at the extra grand per month even if Carey said we couldn't survive by matching it?

Thank the company for the selfish move that they knew would doom the union membership's retirement.

You tell me H offa wouldn't have done the same thing? Jim Kelly and Jimmy Jr were on good terms.

Please tell us what Jimmy Jr would've done because that's the issue that's conveniently omitted here when Carey's brought up in conjunction with the pension fund.

Last edited: