The Teamster Pension collapses continue.

LagunaBrown

The WCTP fund that Realbrown1 is a member of is doing awesome and over 90% funded but he is the guy on here complaining about everyone other fund. It must be election time for TDU.

The WCTP fund that Realbrown1 is a member of is doing awesome and over 90% funded but he is the guy on here complaining about everyone other fund. It must be election time for TDU.
I think Fred's plan to put all the ups part timers in his local in the Central States Pension fund is pretty risky. Just because it's worked well for your fund I think Fred's going to try and screw the UPS part timers out of their pension.

Instigator

I think Fred's plan to put all the ups part timers in his local in the Central States Pension fund is pretty risky. Just because it's worked well for your fund I think Fred's going to try and screw the UPS part timers out of their pension.
How many different ways are you going to tell that lie? FZ never said that.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
91.9% as of Jan 1 2016.

Not bad, but I am worried that all the pension increase diversions will cost us 15-20 years down the road.

But the fund itself seems very well run.

We should just give it more than $.25 increase over 5 years.

realbrown1

What made the WCTP exempt from deregulation and the turbulent stock market climate of the past decade, that "allegedly" plagued other funds like CSPF?
We were not heavily dependent on trucking companies for contributions.

Their numbers were very low in WCTPF.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The list is over 25 now.

Locals 11, 52, 73, 102, 134, 211, 277, 408, 418, 445, 469, 584, 617, 641, 705, 804, 805, 813, 830, 837, 863, 945, 1034 and JC 83 that are on 1 of the 3 list on the DOL website.

These pension plans are on the 2015 Critical and Declining/2015 Critical/2015 Endangered lists.

And the crown jewel of these plans the CSPF.

What the hell is happening?
Because like SS pensions have proven to be a broken system. A defined contribution plan would work much better but the union will never let that happen.

LagunaBrown

Says the man who is so willing to give our healthcare plan $2.25 of our $2.50 pension increase on this contract.
You are clueless. I am sorry $20,488 into your pension is not enough for you. Now compare every UPSers hourly wage, pension fund, healthcare, accrual rate, peer 80 and retiree medical in the nation to yours here the west and you will get over it.

Last edited:

MobileBA

You can stay out of my western conference plan. Maybe, you shouldn't have promised more in payout benefits than funds available in your plan. I have gone to many union pension plan meetings and listened to fellow teamster members complain that the fund wasn't leveraged more to provide higher payout benefits. Its been a very conservative investing model that hasn't promised us more than it could payout.

You can stay out of my western conference plan. Maybe, you shouldn't have promised more in payout benefits than funds available in your plan. I have gone to many union pension plan meetings and listened to fellow teamster members complain that the fund wasn't leveraged more to provide higher payout benefits. Its been a very conservative investing model that hasn't promised us more than it could payout.
Everyone should take responsibility and invest in a 401K or some kind Of safe retirement to offset the future. That would be the right thing to do.

realbrown1

You are clueless. I am sorry $20,488 into your pension is not enough for you. Now compare every UPSers hourly wage, pension fund, healthcare, accrual rate, peer 80 and retiree medical in the nation to yours here the west and you will get over it.
You really don't understand the difference between $20,488 and $25,000 a year?

And you are happy with the $20,488?