The things customers say or do...

barnyard

KTM rider
If I make visual contact with the customer and they refuse to acknowledge me I most assuredly would not make a second attempt.

That is one of the times when I will use my cell to explain to the OMS why I am not going back. I describe who I saw and the efforts that I made. Then I tell them what time I will be some where and to send me a message if they want to meet.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
"Why do you take your lunch before you deliver my stuff? Really need that package today and my coworker saw you parked at the Subway at 1:00."

instantK

Angry Customer " Why the hell didnt you pick up yesterday"
me " I'm sure I did"
Angry Customer " Shows me the boxes"
me " Those are fed ex packages"
Angry Customer "oops that explains it i'm very sorry"

iruhnman630

this thread is like starting the final puzzle on Wheel of Fortune with 'r-s-t-l-n-e', because every similar thread in the history of Brown Cafe has included the exact same responses: 'Is it hot/cold enough, how are the roads, boy you're working late, what is it, and the frantickly waving 'do I need to sign for that?' lady in the moomoo.'

Let's not forget: 'The Fed-Ups Joke', 'Does the car have air conditioning?', 'The dog won't bite,' any interaction that includes 'Let me call him/her,' 'I'm sorry to make you carry that furniture to my fifth floor apartment', 'You need to find <insert random name in large location here>'

and one of my personal faves: random person coming up and asking 'Do you have anything for me?'

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Angry Customer " Why the hell didnt you pick up yesterday"
me " I'm sure I did"
Angry Customer " Shows me the boxes"
me " Those are fed ex packages"
Angry Customer "oops that explains it i'm very sorry"

Flagged down at the gate and told there was was a package in the office I forgot to pickup the day before. Over 70 that had FEDEX all over it. Yeah.....I left it there.

UPSER110

Gotta love when people ask which one you are (ground or air), or when people try to give you a usps or fedex package

Haha I love that... I had 3 instances in one day with people thinking I was fedex. One day I was getting in my truck to leave the mall this guy runs up to me "Hey you got anything for me" (I have no idea who this guy is) I go for where.. he says "verizon" I said nope nothing today.. Then he proceedes to say "Oh I think its coming fedex, Do you know what the fedex ground truck looks like?" I said I dunno its white and says ground on it see ya..

That same day I was in a vets office, the lady goes there is a big box in the back thats got a label on it can you take it, i say sure.. Walking back with an empty cart she has a confused look on her face why I dont have the "big" box... I say ma'am that has a fedex label on it.. she says "what do I need to do for them to pick it up?" I said I dunno maybe call em, have a nice day...

Later that day del a sig. req. resi the guy comes up "hey we got this box here the guy moved out can we return it" I look at it and its completely open.. I said you will have to contact the shipper and get a return label or pay for shipping back... then he turns the box and it has a fedex label on it.. seriously people

Indecisi0n

I finish a heavy congested traffic area early and split. 45 mins later get am OMS to go pickup a package at a house I just delivered to in the busy section. I message to confirm its a pickup and not the package I delivered because I know this one package is going to set me back at least 40 mins (all bumper to bumper waiting time). Office confirms its a pickup. I break and go back to get pickup. After 45 wasted mins getting there turns out its a FedEx package (sitting on porch). I LOLed.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
A fellow driver I talk too, both stories. Customer askes "whats in it?" Reply "something wonderful I bet!"

A ton of air of swimsuits, customer " would you cut upen the boxes and rack each peice up in the shed? ", seriously?

Ms.PacMan

Older couple ordered an oriental rug - 97lbs. They live in a mcmansion up a steep driveway and I had no choice but to walk the rug up. They're waiting with the door open and ask me to put it right around the corner - okay. When I turn around to leave they both raise their voices and say, "where are you going?". What do you mean I say and he says that I need to stay there until they try the rug out in the diningroom to see if they like it!

They still don't like me to this day after I explained what they needed to do if they didn't like the rug and left.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Didn't look thru all the replies but today I heard " hang on lemme put on my pants!"

of course it wasn't a 20 something housewife, but a middle aged obese man!

Me: "Knock, knock..."
Customer: "Who's there?"
Me: "UPS."
Customer: "Who?"
Me: "UPS!"
Me: "UPS!!!!!!!!"
Customer: "Who"
Me: "United Parcel Service!!!!!!!"
Et al, ad nauseum.

rod

Retired 22 years
Me: Knock knock
Customer from inside the house: QUIET
Me: Wait a minute then lightly knock knock again
Customer: Quiet
Me: Reaching to find a delivery notice as I'm tired of this game ----------BOOM!!!
Customer comes to the door says----sorry it took so long. Its costing me a fortune to feed them damn birds so I was thinning out the flock.
The damn fool was shooting birds off his bird feeder.

S

serenity now

Me: "Knock, knock..."
Customer: "Who's there?"
Me: "UPS."
Me: "UPS!"
Me: "UPS!!!!!!!!"
Customer: "Who"
Me: "United Parcel Service!!!!!!!"